TE Arshad Jackson / Official Auburn Decommitment Thread

bamacpa

All-American
Jul 19, 2006
Well, they won't need a punter since Gus can now unleash his full offense without Chizik screwing it up.

bamafaninOhiO

All-American
May 11, 2010
Dayton, Ohio
Well, they won't need a punter since Gus can now unleash his full offense without Chizik screwing it up.
their offense HAS to be better...I mean, It can't get much worse...

Chizic was a terrible coach who lucked into a once in a lifetime player, and Malzahn was the architect that saw how to use him.

they'll still stink, but not as bad as under Chizic last season...

BigEasyTider

FB | REC Moderator
Nov 27, 2007
Everyone still gets the feeling that Lawson is ultimately going elsewhere, probably to UT, though some are thinking that Reuben Foster will stay on the Plains despite everything. We'll see what happens.

Definitely not going to be a star-studded class, but honestly Auburn will probably end up fortunate to "miss" on several of the guys who were committed to Chizik. A lot of kids who were going to the wrong place for the wrong reasons.

JeffAtlanta

All-American
Aug 21, 2007
Atlanta, GA (Buckhead)
Has Carl Lawson mentioned why he isn't interested in Alabama or any other top tier programs? To be so highly rated, he has an odd list of schools - Auburn, North Carolina, Tennessee, Clemson & Ole Miss.

jps1983

Hall of Fame
Aug 30, 2006
Has Carl Lawson mentioned why he isn't interested in Alabama or any other top tier programs? To be so highly rated, he has an odd list of schools - Auburn, North Carolina, Tennessee, Clemson & Ole Miss.
I don't know Lawson, but some kids just aren't interested in us; not from anything bad the player or the school did. There are also times WE don't show interest in the kid. I don't know this particular kid's situation, but he's never been negative towards us; I think it's just the case where you have an attractive guy and girl in the same room, but they just don't connect (no real reason in particular).

sanjosecrimson

Hall of Fame
May 18, 2007
San Jose, California
IIRC, Bama was late to give him the love and the attention he desired. he committed to auburn when his stocks were not yet on the rise. when Bama came callling, his interest really wane and we were never a contender.

BigEasyTider

FB | REC Moderator
Nov 27, 2007
IIRC, Bama was late to give him the love and the attention he desired. he committed to auburn when his stocks were not yet on the rise. when Bama came callling, his interest really wane and we were never a contender.
That's it in a nutshell. Auburn pursued him before his recruitment really took off, and he stayed with that. Alabama and Georgia didn't get on him until later, and he never gave the two any real consideration.

Lawson has always struck me as a guy who was interested in being the big fish in a small pond.

Last edited:

BigEasyTider

FB | REC Moderator
Nov 27, 2007
Former AU assistant Curtis Luper landed a job yesterday as the WR coach at TCU. All things considered, that is about as strong of a soft landing as he could have reasonably expected. Truth be told, going from Auburn to TCU these days isn't even really much of a step down, it's almost a lateral move.

Meanwhile, Trooper Taylor remains unemployed. You never know, but it's late January and he still doesn't have a job. I would assume that in all likelihood he won't be back until the end of the 2013 season. Not sure if it was the cloud of the NCAA investigation holding him back, but it is kind of strange that he couldn't get a job anywhere given his recruiting abilities.

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville
Former AU assistant Curtis Luper landed a job yesterday as the WR coach at TCU. All things considered, that is about as strong of a soft landing as he could have reasonably expected. Truth be told, going from Auburn to TCU these days isn't even really much of a step down, it's almost a lateral move.
Wonder if his son joins him at TCU after decommitting from A&M two weeks ago.

bamabelle1991

All-American
Jan 1, 2009
South Alabama
Wonder if his son joins him at TCU after decommitting from A&M two weeks ago.
Interesting. I wondered if Johnny Manziel's overnight success and future career at A&M may have had something to do with it. Wasn't Luper's kid a QB? He may have worried about playing time and not being able to fill JM's shoes. Of course, having your dad at another Texas school could be the main reason.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.