Former Tennessee Qb Eryk Ainge calling for UT to take McCarron out

peariver

1st Team
Jan 31, 2009
SW Georgia
I listened around that mark, sounded more to me like he was saying the OL should high low block our defense. Heard enough though.

Jordan54

1st Team
Aug 20, 2007
Gardendale, Al
No class. His gameplan is to start the game out taking cheap shots, getting 15yd penalties, and taking us out of our game. It's sad what Tenn has come to, although I think Dooley has more class than Ainge.

Jan 27, 2005
Fort Mill, SC
I listened to it around the 45:00 min mark. Ainge basically said get a 15 yard penalty on UT's first defensive series by going for AJ's knee, by hitting him there, stepping on it, whatever they have to do. I hope we absolutely destroy them.

bamaslaw

All-SEC
Jan 16, 2005
Atlanta, GA
What's the difference between Erik Ainge and a politician? One is a low class hack who will stop at nothing to win...

And the other is a politician!

Bamabuzzard

FB Moderator
Staff member
Aug 15, 2004
Where ever there's BBQ, Bourbon & Football
Let's just remember this is coming from a former player and not anyone that is currently on the team. As much of a dufus as Dooley is I don't think he teaches or coaches this type of football. I maybe wrong, but I don't think he does.

64met

All-American
Oct 12, 2007
Why am I not surprised? The orange pukes disgust me and stuff like this simply shows one again..... they have NO CLASS!

RTR!!!!

mrusso

1st Team
Apr 17, 2006
I'm betting Barrett Jones and company will have something to say about this...on the field of course.

KrAzY3

Hall of Fame
Jan 18, 2006
kraizy.art
I'll say this much, if they do deliberately go after AJ there is only one way to respond. You take Bray out, that's how that works. Bray is their team and I absolutely would never advocate for trying to take him out... UNLESS it became clear that's what UT was trying to do to AJ. Like the two plays after the Fanning tackle, there are some things you just have to retaliate for on the field.

It's like baseball, they throw at your guy, you throw at theirs. You just can't tolerate that. Alabama already needs to be cautious about plays that expose AJ to injury but any deliberate attempt to injure has to be dealt with the first time it happens.

Bama Czar

1st Team
Sep 1, 2010
Woodstock, GA
I'll say this much, if they do deliberately go after AJ there is only one way to respond. You take Bray out, that's how that works. Bray is their team and I absolutely would never advocate for trying to take him out... UNLESS it became clear that's what UT was trying to do to AJ. Like the two plays after the Fanning tackle, there are some things you just have to retaliate for on the field.

It's like baseball, they throw at your guy, you throw at theirs. You just can't tolerate that. Alabama already needs to be cautious about plays that expose AJ to injury but any deliberate attempt to injure has to be dealt with the first time it happens.
Dead on.

Vinny

Hall of Fame
Sep 27, 2001
Rockaway, NJ
I have a collection of my anti Tennessee t shirts which I have been wearing to work this week. I have my I hate Rocky Top tee all ready for tomorrow! Today I am wearing the Bear is Looking down and he still Hates Tennessee.....

Quicksilver

1st Team
Mar 13, 2010
Ellicott City, MD
Scarbinsky has a column out on al.com entitled, "Rivalry? Alabama-Tennessee is a corpse in search of a coffin." So, let's see. We have the plans to "honor" Phillip Fulmer at halftime of Saturday's game. We have this news from Eryk Ainge in which he is essentially calling on Tennessee to injure AJ McCarron, and then there is the whole Jimmy Haslam engineered hoax about "Saban to Cleveland," the timing of which was clearly intended to distract Alabama on the eve of the Tennessee game. Scarbinsky is wrong about the Alabama-Tennessee rivalry, "dead wrong."

J4Bama

All-American
Mar 24, 2002
Sarasota, Florida
First of all, I can't believe Eryk Ainge has a sports talk show. Second of all, this twit is so arrogant...what did he ever accomplish at UT to have an attitude like this?!?!?

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.