Game Thread: ****Official Game Thread - Bama vs. Vols - 2nd Half****

Status
Not open for further replies.

WaterWoman

1st Team
Nov 25, 2011
I don't believe the short kicks are by design.
Do you think CNS is doing this for game time experience down the road? IE giving our special teams more learning opportunities now so that they are ready for the end of the season? Honest question. I am trying to figure out this thing.

EscaTider

Hall of Fame
Oct 2, 2008
Flomaton, AL
I don't understand that penalty? How does it work.
It would be a 15 yard unsportsmanlike penalty. He was shaking his finger in the face of the UT receiver after the play. Still would have been Bama ball, but backed up inside the 10.

I believe it was probably in retaliation to the UT player who had something to say after the big reception earlier in their drive.

bama_fan01

Hall of Fame
Aug 25, 2003
Ranburne, AL, USA
Yeah..I remember Coach Saban talking about in an interview earlier this year..The short kickoffs are by design in hopes of stopping them short of the 25 or getting a turnover..It's a high risk or high reward type deal Coach Saban said or something to that affect..
Well, it ain't working...

bamaman65

All-SEC
Feb 27, 2006
North Alabama
Yeah..I remember Coach Saban talking about in an interview earlier this year..The short kickoffs are by design in hopes of stopping them short of the 25 or getting a turnover..It's a high risk or high reward type deal Coach Saban said or something to that affect..
We are losing the battle if they are by design.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.