Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast
    My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

Re: Rate Doug Nussmeier at the halfway point

Quote Originally Posted by JIB View Post
    I miss Coach McElwaine.
    Absence does make the heart grow fonder, but I remember many threads discussing how some weren't satisfied with the way McElwain was calling games as well. We forget because of all of the wins, but I remember many people who said that CJMcE was poor at calling plays in the red zone. It's all a matter of perspective

2. Advertisement
    BamaNation All-SEC
    My Mood
    Happy on TideFans.com

Terrible play calling, terrible game plan.

We run the ball 4 straight times when we are on the on the 5, we win period.

Suspended
    My Mood
    Festive on TideFans.com

Should have thrown Sims in there at some point during the game to throw am off.

BamaNation All-American MattinBama's Avatar

He has called some great games so far & been praised all year. Last two games have been a definite step back though sadly, A&M moreso than LSU. There are times when we just inexplicably abandon the run.

My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

If we would have run it 4xs in a row and not made it, I would not have a criticism at all. But this is supposedly the nations best O line and they did not get a chance to win the game. That was a complete and utter brain cramp on the coaching staff.

In games against teams that are close to our equal CDN has done poorly. CJM had some red zone issues, but he out coached the other team a few times - UF 2009, LSU in the title game. CDN needs some work.

BamaNation All-American 230kv_barehand's Avatar
    My Mood
    BamaVictory on TideFans.com

I was pretty happy with the playcalling until tonight. aTm's defense was on the ropes in the 2nd half and we bailed them out by throwing WAY too much on 1st down, and I don't even want to talk about the debacle inside the 10 there at the end. We played horribly and STILL should have won, but we were outcoached on all phases of the game.

My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

The play calling is brilliant if we execute

My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

Did Bama pass too much? Yes. However, A&M expected the run. The reason for the PAs and drop backs was to catch them off guard because they were expecting the run.
    "I don't know what class is but I can tell when one has it, you can tell from a mile away"
    Coach Bryant

Rasuputin's response to my question "What benefit do tablets provide students?"
    (In an old southern trailer park redneck beer in hand marlboro light in other and camoflauge cutoff shorts man's voice) If a tablet was good enough for Moses and the 10 Commandments then by god they are good enough for my children in school today!!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by RTR91 View Post
    Did Bama pass too much? Yes. However, A&M expected the run. The reason for the PAs and drop backs was to catch them off guard because they were expecting the run.
    The running was successful though - even if they were expecting it. Passing on the early downs wasn't catching anyone by surprise - neither LSU nor A&M. All it did was mess up the rest of the downs.

BamaNation First Team PCBamafan's Avatar
    My Mood
    Happy on TideFans.com

Even if they were, we have what has been touted by almost everybody as the best O line in the country! If we run 4 straight times uo the gut or off tackle, we score and we win! PERIOD!!

Guess the lesson here is not to start off in a 20-0 hole before you ever get off the bus!
    ROLL TIDE!!

My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

Quote Originally Posted by JeffAtlanta View Post
    The running was successful though - even if they were expecting it. Passing on the early downs wasn't catching anyone by surprise - neither LSU nor A&M. All it did was mess up the rest of the downs.
    As Saban told a reporter about the 4th and goal play, this wouldn't be a topic if the plays were executed properly. If Bama runs and fails, folks would say we should have passed more.
    "I don't know what class is but I can tell when one has it, you can tell from a mile away"
    Coach Bryant

Rasuputin's response to my question "What benefit do tablets provide students?"
    (In an old southern trailer park redneck beer in hand marlboro light in other and camoflauge cutoff shorts man's voice) If a tablet was good enough for Moses and the 10 Commandments then by god they are good enough for my children in school today!!!!!!!

My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

Until the past two weeks I thought Nussy had been spot on. The past two weeks he's been spotty at best. Granted, execution has been pretty poor for most of the past 8 quarters, but that's just part of our problem.