Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast
    BamaNation Second Team
    Post Thanks / Like
    My Mood
    Daring on TideFans.com

Re: Rate Doug Nussmeier at the halfway point

If AJ would have laid the ball out there instead of under throwing the ball as he does a lot, we would not be in that situation.

2. Advertisement
    BamaNation First Team
    Post Thanks / Like

I think he's done a pretty could job, but I do think he's abandoned the run too much in the last two games. We do pretty could at some smash mouth stuff.

Post Thanks / Like
    My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

Quote Originally Posted by venegoni View Post
    If AJ would have laid the ball out there instead of under throwing the ball as he does a lot, we would not be in that situation.
    Same goes for the long pass for Coop. That was a 90 yard TD pass if AJ hits him in stride.
    "I don't know what class is but I can tell when one has it, you can tell from a mile away"
    Coach Bryant

Rasuputin's response to my question "What benefit do tablets provide students?"
    (In an old southern trailer park redneck beer in hand marlboro light in other and camoflauge cutoff shorts man's voice) If a tablet was good enough for Moses and the 10 Commandments then by god they are good enough for my children in school today!!!!!!!

BamaNation All-American 230kv_barehand's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    My Mood
    BamaVictory on TideFans.com

Quote Originally Posted by RTR91 View Post
    Did Bama pass too much? Yes. However, A&M expected the run. The reason for the PAs and drop backs was to catch them off guard because they were expecting the run.
    I didn't mind the PA's, but most of the passes in the 2nd half on 1st down they were looking for the pass. Then after we'd throw it incomplete they would load the box for 2nd, the bring the house on 3rd and long. We played right into their hands and made aTm's DC look like a genius tonight.

Quote Originally Posted by JeffAtlanta View Post
    The running was successful though - even if they were expecting it. Passing on the early downs wasn't catching anyone by surprise - neither LSU nor A&M. All it did was mess up the rest of the downs.
    Agreed. The run on 1st down was wide open in the 2nd half, we just refused to take advantage of it. I wished I would have DVR'd the game tonight to see how many times we threw on 1st and what our success rate was.

Post Thanks / Like
    My Mood

Quote Originally Posted by bamabomber View Post
    Absence does make the heart grow fonder, but I remember many threads discussing how some weren't satisfied with the way McElwain was calling games as well. We forget because of all of the wins, but I remember many people who said that CJMcE was poor at calling plays in the red zone. It's all a matter of perspective
    Well, at least I'm consistent. I thought we didn't go vertical enough with CJM. We have the WR's for the vertical game, it's just getting the ball there in stride.

7. November 10th, 2012, 09:28 PM

BamaNation First Team
    Post Thanks / Like
    My Mood
    Amazed on TideFans.com

Quote Originally Posted by venegoni View Post
    Your taught to make sure he gets the ball not to overthrow.

BamaNation Second Team
    Post Thanks / Like

I really hate to play general after the war, but I agree with everyone that we should have ran the ball four times on our last possession. I would like to say that CDN called a good enough game for us to win, but we missed some critical throws.

Post Thanks / Like
    My Mood
    Mellow on TideFans.com

Quote Originally Posted by Cyrus The Great View Post
    I really hate to play general after the war, but I agree with everyone that we should have ran the ball four times on our last possession. I would like to say that CDN called a good enough game for us to win, but we missed some critical throws.
    I disagree. A well timed pass would have been perfect on the drive, but 1st down was not the appropriate time. We should have run it a couple of times, then pulled a PA pass on 3rd down depending on the postion of the ball. However, that's all second guessing at this point, and it really doesn't accomplish jack squat.

Post Thanks / Like
    My Mood

I wonder what would've happened had AJ scrambled to the left instead of cutting back towards the center of the field on the last drive. Looked open to the left!

Post Thanks / Like
    My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

Quote Originally Posted by Ldlane View Post
    I wonder what would've happened had AJ scrambled to the left instead of cutting back towards the center of the field on the last drive. Looked open to the left!
    I thought that was where he was headed.
    "I don't know what class is but I can tell when one has it, you can tell from a mile away"
    Coach Bryant

Rasuputin's response to my question "What benefit do tablets provide students?"
    (In an old southern trailer park redneck beer in hand marlboro light in other and camoflauge cutoff shorts man's voice) If a tablet was good enough for Moses and the 10 Commandments then by god they are good enough for my children in school today!!!!!!!

BamaNation Second Team
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bamabomber View Post
    I disagree. A well timed pass would have been perfect on the drive, but 1st down was not the appropriate time. W
    We were only seven yards out, we probably score on four run plays.

Post Thanks / Like
    My Mood
    Mellow on TideFans.com

Quote Originally Posted by Ldlane View Post
    As much as aTm was overplaying it on the left, I was thinking he might pull up and throw it back across the field the either Yeldon or the TE. It would have been open, but as I said in another thread, it looked like AJ predetermined who he was going to before the ball was even snapped.

Post Thanks / Like
    My Mood
    Mellow on TideFans.com

Quote Originally Posted by Cyrus The Great View Post
    We were only seven yards out, we probably score on four run plays.
    I don't disagree that we should have run the ball, I'm saying a well timed pass would have been just as effective, problem is we were too predictable. Again, all hindsight at this point.