2013 Recruiting: Georgia S / ATH Vonn Bell Updates

bamacon

Hall of Fame
Apr 11, 2008
College Football's Mecca, Tuscaloosa
At this point it should be a "business" decision. Let's pretend that admiration for UT cancels out winning championships at Alabama. Nick Saban's ability to develop him could be worth millions.
CNS probably shows them the contracts inked by KJ, Javier, Barron, Kirkpatrick, and soon Milliner's. If you are a DB wanting to play in the NFL and CNS shows interest I think you'd be nuts to not hear him out. He's the best coach a DB could have, Period.

BamaMoon

Hall of Fame
Apr 1, 2004
Boone, NC
NOT my experience, several times over.
Use to live in Tenn. during the 90's and early 2000's and I've been to a number of games there. Back then it was a fun environment (for college football). UT arguably has the most tradition in the SEC outside of Bama.

Saw Bama and UT there and it was an electric atmosphere. Loudest crowd I think I've ever heard (when UT scored and went ahead of Bama).

I'm no UT apologist, but they currently are like what Bama was before CNS...a sleeping giant.

FWIW, hope Bell chooses Bama!!!

CrimsonTide13

Suspended
Aug 12, 2011
Huntsville, AL
Use to live in Tenn. during the 90's and early 2000's and I've been to a number of games there. Back then it was a fun environment (for college football). UT arguably has the most tradition in the SEC outside of Bama.

Saw Bama and UT there and it was an electric atmosphere. Loudest crowd I think I've ever heard (when UT scored and went ahead of Bama).

I'm no UT apologist, but they currently are like what Bama was before CNS...a sleeping giant.

FWIW, hope Bell chooses Bama!!!
UT is no sleeping giant. They are terrible with a terrible administration. Not a threat in the west with USCe, UGa, and UF. They will continue to fight for the middle of the pack IMO.

BamaMoon

Hall of Fame
Apr 1, 2004
Boone, NC
UT is no sleeping giant. They are terrible with a terrible administration. Not a threat in the west with USCe, UGa, and UF. They will continue to fight for the middle of the pack IMO.
Your missing my point. A sleeping giant won't challenge for their division or championships when they are sleeping. They are terrible right now...that much we can agree on. But do you remember how bad were were a few years ago?

What I'm saying is they could be awakened with the right coach. Lot's of potential there with a ravenous fan base (when they start winning). Historically, they've been a winning program and I think they can be again.

CrimsonTide13

Suspended
Aug 12, 2011
Huntsville, AL
Your missing my point. A sleeping giant won't challenge for their division or championships when they are sleeping. They are terrible right now...that much we can agree on. But do you remember how bad were were a few years ago?

What I'm saying is they could be awakened with the right coach. Lot's of potential there with a ravenous fan base (when they start winning). Historically, they've been a winning program and I think they can be again.
I hope your wrong ;)

JPT4Bama

Hall of Fame
Aug 21, 2006
Hoover, AL

I have to agree. They are in a tough spot now but do have the resources needed to rebound if the right combination of leadership/coaching is attained.

They were last in the SECCG in 2007. It won't be easy and I hope it doesn't happen but the potential is certainly there.

For now though it is simply wonderful watching their struggles.

RollTide1224

All-American
Feb 18, 2008
Spartanburg, SC
I honestly think the landscape has changed in the sec to the point that Tennessee will not reach the level it used to enjoy. Many of the places that ut used to rely on to steal players from are lately locked down and they have to fight an uphill battle for kids. Their in state talent isn't enough. You've got vandy rising, South Carolina becoming a consistent winner, bama dominator, uf and uga both looking solid. I think they are a long way from getting back to being elite and I'm not sure they'll get there.

I also actually think their "advantages" of rabid fan base and huge stadium will hold them back as they continue to bounce coaches.

JeffAtlanta

All-American
Aug 21, 2007
Atlanta, GA (Buckhead)
Tennessee is not anywhere close to being a sleeping giant. Sleeping giants don't have to rely on all of their rivals being crippled by sanctions or inept coaches. Texas. Southern Cal and even Miami are true examples of a sleeping giant.

For Tennessee's recruiting to get anywhere near what it was under Fulmer's peak, Saban, Richt, Spurrier & Muschamp are all going to have to leave the SEC. Southern Cal & Notre Dame are eliminating the top tier national recruiting that Fulmer used to rely on, so even that is gone.

Last edited:

BamaMoon

Hall of Fame
Apr 1, 2004
Boone, NC
Well, I'm not rooting for them to turn it around. But the fact is they are the #2 traditional power in the conference. They'll eventually bounce back but to what level we'll have to wait and see.

It'll be real interesting to see if USCe can maintain their run of success IF UT can bounce back.

FWIW, I don't expect Vandy to stay at the level they are at with an eventual coaching change.

Didn't mean to hi-jack the thread...Hope Bell comes to Bama.

TiderJack

Hall of Fame
Jul 9, 2010
Inverness, AL
Well, I'm not rooting for them to turn it around. But the fact is they are the #2 traditional power in the conference. They'll eventually bounce back but to what level we'll have to wait and see.

It'll be real interesting to see if USCe can maintain their run of success IF UT can bounce back.

FWIW, I don't expect Vandy to stay at the level they are at with an eventual coaching change.

Didn't mean to hi-jack the thread...Hope Bell comes to Bama.
Was hoping for a Bell update. This last page should have had its own seperate thread on the football page.

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.