2013 Recruiting: Georgia S / ATH Vonn Bell Updates

CHATTBRIT

Hall of Fame
Dec 3, 2003
Falling Water, TN
Vonn Bell has a final three of TN (his boyhood team), Ohio State, and Alabama. He is a remarkable talent at CB/Safety. Does Alabama have room for him?

yesitsmed23

1st Team
Aug 28, 2008
Huntsville, AL
Re: Vonn Bell, Ridgeland High School, Rossville, GA

TIFWIW but the girl that cuts my hair, her mom works at his HS and is good friends with mother and Vonn himself, and from what she tells me, he is looking hard at BAMA and we currently have the lead for him.....and this is coming from true VOLS fans.

BigEasyTider

FB | REC Moderator
Nov 27, 2007

Take it FWIW, but we're looking to add another safety in this class, and a lot of people are getting really bullish on Vonn Bell.

Matt0424

All-American
Jan 16, 2010
Hoover, Al

Read a nice article on Bell on ESPN (insider, so I won't link). Still solid on his final three (Bama, tOSU, UT), bt Tennessee's coaching change may have given us a slight lead as of now...

psupoop

1st Team
Nov 17, 2008
Chester Springs, PA

"He was trying to catch a redeye at 2:00 AM out of Nashvillr to get up to Columbus." Facts are going to ruin that story...

Born2Roll

3rd Team
Oct 8, 2004
Tallahassee, FL

"He was trying to catch a redeye at 2:00 AM out of Nashvillr to get up to Columbus." Facts are going to ruin that story...
There's only one good thing to do in Columbus and that's leave Columbus. I expect this is a Bama/Tennessee battle.

bamafaninOhiO

All-American
May 11, 2010
Dayton, Ohio

There's only one good thing to do in Columbus and that's leave Columbus. I expect this is a Bama/Tennessee battle.
really? I think theres a pretty well respected college football program up there, with a pretty high profile coach...
Love him or hate him, I'll never bet against Urban Meyer being able to recruit....

Not sure of how he feel about leaving the southern area, that would be a big driver in him choosing Ten or Bama

Born2Roll

3rd Team
Oct 8, 2004
Tallahassee, FL

really? I think theres a pretty well respected college football program up there, with a pretty high profile coach...
Love him or hate him, I'll never bet against Urban Meyer being able to recruit....

Not sure of how he feel about leaving the southern area, that would be a big driver in him choosing Ten or Bama
My comment was more about the perception. There's no doubt that Ohio St. has a top-tier program and a very capable coach. However, this isn't Florida that Meyer is recruiting him to... that makes a big difference in my opinion (especially with a young man from the South). Does anyone know the reason for his interest there? Is it solely because of Meyer?

BigEasyTider

FB | REC Moderator
Nov 27, 2007

Bell has been talking a long time about deciding at the end of his high school season, and if he stays true to that then we will probably get a commitment from him in the days ahead.

If he waits and takes official visits, though, could be wide open. Urban has been coming after him hard, and I'm sure that Butch Jones will make him a major priority too. Hopefully he just seals the deal to 'Bama in the coming days and shuts it all down.

Matt0424

All-American
Jan 16, 2010
Hoover, Al

Snippet from a premium article on ESPN....this is the "free" part you can read

Three schools are still in the running for ESPN 150 defensive back Vonn Bell (Ooltewah, Tenn./Ridgeland), and according to Ridgeland head coach Mark Mariakas, each program will have a chance to host the 6-foot, 190-pound safety next month following the Under Armour All-America Game.

"He's taking visits to all three schools in January," Mariakas said. "Ohio State on Jan. 11, Alabama on Jan. 18, and Tennessee on Jan. 25. That is the plan as of this afternoon."

BigEasyTider

FB | REC Moderator
Nov 27, 2007

Snippet from a premium article on ESPN....this is the "free" part you can read
Ugh... if that holds true, you might get the dreaded late-verbal-commitment-that-obviously-doesn't-mean-anything-because-he's-still-taking-official-visits melodrama going here. Never what you hope to see.

Matt0424

All-American
Jan 16, 2010
Hoover, Al

So yeah... Had he committed right away, Alabama would have won out... Now, though, he wants to meet the new staff at UT....and even worse, wants one more visit to tOSU. Not feeling too good about this one anymore...

CHATTBRIT

Hall of Fame
Dec 3, 2003
Falling Water, TN

It appears that Vonn Bell and his mother are certainly doing their due diligence when it comes to determining which school he will sign with. He will make his OV to OSU, Alabama and Tennessee in January. He is definitely a huge want for Tennessee.

jambama1

All-American
Aug 1, 2005
Tuscaloosa

So yeah... Had he committed right away, Alabama would have won out... Now, though, he wants to meet the new staff at UT....and even worse, wants one more visit to tOSU. Not feeling too good about this one anymore...
Feel great about it. No worries. The only school that can legitimately steal him at this point is UT.

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville

UT took a commitment from JUCO DB Riyahd Jones today. Wonder if this has any impact on Bell's decision.

CHATTBRIT

Hall of Fame
Dec 3, 2003
Falling Water, TN

It is strange that Vonn is listed as being from Ooltewah, TN (a burb of Chattanooga) but going to school at Ridgeland High in Georgia. Wonder how that came about?

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.