Pick the score: Alabama vs. LSU

Huckleberry

All-American
Nov 9, 2004
Jacksonville, FL
The venue gives the Tigers an adrenaline boost, but that will only last for as long as Alabama allows it. Even if we make a silly mistake or two, the home crowd will be heading for their cars (and subsequent DUIs) by the middle of the third quarter.
Our much improved red-zone performance will make the difference:
Alabama 34
LSU 6

Ty Webb

Suspended
Feb 3, 2012
Bama 27
LSU 10

The Tide controls the game from start to finish. Both coaches call it close to the vest.

TideMom2Boys

Hall of Fame
Nov 17, 2010
Alabama
The venue gives the Tigers an adrenaline boost, but that will only last for as long as Alabama allows it. Even if we make a silly mistake or two, the home crowd will be heading for their cars (and subsequent DUIs) by the middle of the third quarter.
Our much improved red-zone performance will make the difference:
Alabama 34
LSU 6
I agree. This was something we struggled with against other teams last year, not just LSU. We are definitely improved this year in the area.

sanjosecrimson

Hall of Fame
May 18, 2007
San Jose, California
I usually stay away from other teams forums, but I was kind of curious to see what the Cajun's on TigerDroppings are saying about this game. The average person seems to think that LSU will win, and win convincingly. Plus they think AJ will throw a dozen picks, and Mettenberger will morph into Tom Brady at some point in the game. I look forward to seeing some posts after the game to see how different of a tune they are singing.
actually there is a sizable minority who believe that Bama will beat LSU and beat them handily. yes, there are some smart corndogs. :)

sanjosecrimson

Hall of Fame
May 18, 2007
San Jose, California
FYI: LSU is among the most penalized team in the country. their talent level has covered up this glaring deficiency thus far, but in a game of this magnitude and playing against an Alabama team that doesn't hurt itself with penalties, they will not be so lucky and Bama will make them pay in full!!

Last edited:

sanjosecrimson

Hall of Fame
May 18, 2007
San Jose, California
Dang good D and suspect offense against our excellent D and real solid offense. I'm calling 23 - 9.
simple isnt??

I don't like to over analyze this game. LSU has scored an average of 16 points in all their SEC meetings.

they will be facing the most complete team on their schedule. they will be so hype and juice for this game, it might be their undoing. CNS will have our boys ready and will be treating this game on the road as business as usual . Bama plays better than any team this year on the road. Death Valley is Bama's 2nd home. Lsu is just another stumbling block on the way to #15. let's get it on!!

Last edited:

CrimsonTheory

All-American
Mar 26, 2012
CrimsonBleedRed
LSU's defense will try to keep their team in the game, while Les Miles will transmorph into the "Mad Hatter" and try some gimmick plays. So if Bama "plays to their standard"---which seems to be the team's unoffical motto---it will be hard for LSU to win even at their own place. Then you add in the fact that something is missing with LSU, I don't know what maybe it's swagger that Honey Bear had or what, and I think Bama should win this game comfortable.

With that said, I backing off from being ..../overconfident since this is Death Valley and dumber things have happen there. So my prediction is:

Bama 24
LSU 10.

I know some people might not want to talk about it but I will, I think this game against LSU could propel AJ McCarron into the head of the Heisman Trophy debate.

Florida Tom

All-American
Aug 15, 2011
Tampa, FL
Bama 42
Ex Honey Badgers 14

LSU is not that good this year not anywhere near the team of LY.

Offense is awful except for a couple of RB's. They just have not seen anything like Bama. I know they want pay back but if will to win was all it took MSU would have done much better.

CNS has our boys ready & we have to much talent & attitude for them. They get one cheap touchdown late in the 4th.

yesitsmed23

1st Team
Aug 28, 2008
Huntsville, AL
Their D plays well the 1st quarter, then we get rolling late in the 2nd quarter and don't look back. Their Offense is horrible with exception of the running game, but NOBODY runs the ball on bama, so with that said.......BAMA 24 LeSU 6

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.