Pick the score: Alabama vs. LSU

ALA2262

All-American
Aug 4, 2007
Cumming, GA
RTKY, Vegas gives LSU 4.5 points HFA. Therefore, with the line now at 9.5, the bettors are saying that Bama would be a 14 point favorite on a neutral field.

I take it you were afraid to lay the 7 when it opened. You should have jumped all over it.

Last edited:

Vinny

Hall of Fame
Sep 27, 2001
Rockaway, NJ
I haven't really thought about it with the hurricane. I will have to come back to it later on.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9780 using Tapatalk

CrimsonMapper

1st Team
Apr 19, 2006
Montgomery, AL
does our 08 game count cuz late in the 3rd the sun went down and they made the announcement "the sun has set in Death Valley." cuz I know the loss you are reffering to is 09 Florida
I think he lost his first game in Tiger Stadium at night. Remember that Tennessee overtime game that was played on a Monday night because of Hurricane Rita?

I say good guys 20-10!

Last edited:

CajunCrimson

Moderator (FB,BB) and Vinyl Enthusiast
Staff member
Mar 13, 2001
Breaux Bridge, La
Looking at the Offenses we've played so far (ranked by NCAA Stats by PPG) and pts we gave up

Michigan - 63rd - 14 pts
WKU - 56th - 0 pts
Arkansas - 69th - 0 pts
FAU - 113th - 7 pts (7 pts in 4th Qtr)
Ole Miss -46th - 14 pts
Mizzou - 88th - 10 pts
UT - 30th - 13 pts (3 pts in 4th QTR)
MSU - 43rd - 7 pts (7 pts in 4th QTR)

LSU is 50th - so better than Michigan and a bit worse than MSU -- it would seem LSU probably can't score more than 14 pts on us....

LSU on the other hand has given up 14 or more points 6 times this year (to North Texas, Idaho, Towson, Florida, USCe and A&M. The only teams they've held UNDER 14 are Auburn and Washington......

If they can't score more than 14 and we can't score less than 14 -- this sure seems like a done deal....

With all that said.....

Bama 27
LSU 13

teamplayer

Hall of Fame
Jul 31, 2001
cullman, al, usa
Bama 24
LSU 13

I think this will be the first game this year where we don't score thirty points. I don't think they can beat us with just their offense against our defense, but I am concerned about them having defensive scores or special teams scores and really making this game tight. They are well rested and playing at home at night. This one just might make some body parts pucker before it is said and done.

twofbyc

Hall of Fame
Oct 14, 2009
I know, I know...but I am more worried about next week, final stop on Bama's "Amen Corner".
Bama 31
who's 3

RollTideinKY

Suspended
Aug 7, 2010
Yeah i wished I would of jump all over us @-7 but i didn't and it moved so fast i didn't like it then. I think we win by either 3 or 7, I don't like big lines in big games, look at OU last week if u need any proof, it opened at @12.5.. I was at the golden nugget like I am every year when the games of the year are released and got us as a 2 pt underdog, so hopefully I will be fine. I got us at 6.5 against arky in my pocket that paid 1k, and i have 2 left, Sat night +2 and the barn -18.. but i wish i would of fired on -7, and i am going to go ahead and put the barn ticket with arky ticket, so we win Sat night, Free Trip to vegas on the golden nugget...RTR

Bama Reb

Suspended
Nov 2, 2005
On the lake and in the woods, AL
My first thoughts on this game is that they have had this date circled on their calendars since January and will try to give us their best game. I'm also sure that CNS, all the assistants and certainly all the Tide players will be ready for whatever the LSWhoo folks bring to the game. Given that it's in Death Valley the home crowd will be a factor - only if the Tide players let it. I'm betting they don't.
In a closer than normal game,
Tide 27
LSU 14

Cadillac55

BamaNation Citizen
Aug 18, 2010
I wish that I could agree and go with my crimson colored glasses, but I just do not see it not being a close game. Coach Saban already touched on the emotional aspects and how it affected us last year. That same nervous energy will be a big part of the game Saturday night, with LSU is dealing with the on campus presence of ESPN this year. The game is going to be tight for a good portion of the night Saturday, and yes we do have the better complete team, but you have to keep in mind how we came out at Missouri after the bye week. We were focused, driven, and ran right over and through a weak Missouri team, but Coach Saban mentioned the bye week with rest and preparation being the key. LSU will have that same advantage Saturday, of course they will not be lining up against Missouri, but the #1 team in the land. The key for BAMA is how are we going to react to the first adversity that we will face all year. Will we response immediately, a la Ole Miss, or we it be a grind....sorry for the long winded post, but I am thinking....

Bama 20
LSU 17 (TD comes late)

CrimsonBeachBum

1st Team
Jul 19, 2004
Pace, FL (Pensacola metro area)
I've not done well in picking scores this season and haven't given our offense enough credit at times. But I just think with the way A.J., our O-line and receivers are playing, I can see us hanging 30 -plus points on LSU. I'm thinking Bama 33 - LSU 16.

skrayper77

All-American
Sep 4, 2003
It will stay low scoring at first, but these clowns only managed 12 on Auburn and 6 on Florida. They won't have more than 1 or 2 drives that manage more than a couple of first downs.

LSU leaves in their starters even after we pull away late.
UA 35
LSU 7

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.