Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast
    BamaNation Hall of Fame bamachile's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    My Mood
    Busy on TideFans.com

Re: Pick the score: Alabama vs. LSU

Reasonably close for three quarters. Crushing damage comes late.

Bama 31
    LSU 9
    “Louisiana is a fresh-air mental asylum.”
    ― James Lee Burke, Pegasus Descending

2. Advertisement
    Suspended
    Post Thanks / Like

Guys and Girls I have been away for a while but whata great season so far we are having again under CNS, but these predictions are outta control. I agree we win Sat night but we are not scoring 30-40 some points against them. Sip had a nice write up, they have been thinking about this game since last Jan, and even though I think they have one of the worst Offenses of any ranked team, they also have as good of D in the nation. I am a sports better and I can't believe that the line came out us favored by 7 @ lsu considering odds makers usually give the home team 3 points before making the line. Now the spread has moved to 9.5-10 point favor for us. To tell you the truth without wearing my crimson shaded glasses like the majority of you that have picked a score this game scares me to death. It is going to be a blood bath, low scoring, similar to last year with the team making the least mistakes winning. penalties, turnovers, kicking game, both punting and FG's will decide the outcome of this game. We have not faced a Defense like they have all year, their front 4 might be as good as in the country and will be extremely tough to run on, they have 2 first rounders at DE's that will test our tackles on every pass play. The should be undefeated without a doubt, everyone was talking just 2 weeks ago how good Fla was, and they played at the Swamp, and gave the game away in the second half. Yeah they have played downed to their competition several times this year but dont be fooled. This is their BCS game and it is going to take our best effort of the year to come outta baton rouge with a win Sat night. I am thinking it is all going to depend on AJ and making plays in our passing game, just like in the BCS game last year I think we will have to use the pass to set up the Run, not the traditional run to set up passing games we usually play. They have had an extra week to prepare for us and get healthier and work on their Oline. I promise you this will be a great game, I see us coming out with a win by no more than a TD but more than likely a Shelley FG wins this game. I hope I am wrong and we win by the scores a lot of you have posted but I just don't see it. I see a 13-10 win or 17-14 game Sat night. I think it is HUGE for us to come out and score quick and take the lead to keep the crowd not only out of it but for them to play from behind, I still dont think mett is the answer but if we let them hang around they will be able to run it enough to keep this game close. If AJ can come out and we can get a 2 score lead on them, then I think it changes everything, but if it is like the first game last year then I think it will end up like the first game last year, but i think Shelley makes Fg's to win it this year and Foster has to but kickoffs into the endzone Sat night, give it to them at the 25 and make them drive it, don't let them have a chance of making a play on special teams and if it is out of Shelley's range then punt the ball and play Defense. Mettenbeger can't beat us with his arm or drive the football the length of the field, but don't give them a short field were Hill, Ware, Hillard, and Ford can get enough yards to get them into scoring range. This game reminds me so much of the last time Lswho was beat at home at night by the #1 team in the country, fla. The odds from vegas were almost exactly to what they are Sat night and Tebow and the fla ranked #1 at the time beat #4 lswho 13-3 before losing to us in the SECCG. Now the #1 Tide roll in against the #5 who @ night favored by 10 just like fla, and THAT will be my final prediction in a good ole Defensive Battle, TIDE 13-3 or back up pick... 14-10... RTR

BamaNation All-American OreBama's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    My Mood
    Fine on TideFans.com

RTKY, parentheses are your friend.
    Pronounced as or-e-bama not Obama.

Or Chris, if you prefer.

Post Thanks / Like
    My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

Bama 31
    LSU 10
    ALABAMA CRIMSON TIDE - SMU MUSTANGS - KENTUCKY WILDCATS

Post Thanks / Like
    My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

Quote Originally Posted by OreBama View Post
    RTKY, paragraphs are your friend.
    FIFY
    DISCLAIMER: I hereby reserve the right to discuss any game on the Alabama schedule I wish, at any time during the season, as I am not a part of the Crimson Tide football program. I am simply a fan who has no impact outside of the money I provide the athletic department via ticket and memorabilia purchases and the energy I can provide when I attend the games. ©2009-2014, crimsonaudio

Lurch Backwater!

Post Thanks / Like
    My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

27-6 bama
    //SIGNED//
    afadam07

BamaNation Hall of Fame Jessica4Bama's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    My Mood
    Angelic on TideFans.com

Rolltideinky, if this Bama team plays like it is capable then yes, those scores all of us are predicting can happen. This team is crazy good, and it will be a tuff game, but a blowout would not surprise me. Neither would a close game. We will see in a few days.
    So we fix our eyes not on what is seen, but on what is unseen, since what is seen is temporary, but what is unseen is eternal. - 2 Corinthians 4:18

BamaNation Hall of Fame Jessica4Bama's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    My Mood
    Angelic on TideFans.com

Also, fans on TD are predicting they will score over 20 points on us so they are as confident as we are. Haha.
    So we fix our eyes not on what is seen, but on what is unseen, since what is seen is temporary, but what is unseen is eternal. - 2 Corinthians 4:18

BamaNation Hall of Fame JBama_in_PCOLA's Avatar
    Andalusia, Alabama via Pensacola, Florida United States
    Post Thanks / Like
    My Mood
    HaHa on TideFans.com
    Quote Originally Posted by crimsonaudio View Post
    Some stats to keep in mind (also posted in the Analyze LSU thread):

Code:
    Statistic:         LSU    Alabama 

Total offense:     74     41 
    Scoring offense:   51     11 
    Passing offense:   106    73 
    Rushing offense:   25     22 
    Red Zone offense:  72     1 

Total defense:     3      1 
    Scoring defense:   9      1 
    Rush defense:      8      1 
    Pass defense:      4      1 
    Pass efficiency:   2      1 
    Red zone defense:  115    1 

Penalties/game:    117   24
    Some of this is great some shocking! Red zone defense 115? How does that happen?! I know the Bama will stand up in this game, especially in the red zone! Roll Tide!!
    ROLL TIDE!

BamaNation All-American ALA2262's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

RTKY, Vegas gives LSU 4.5 points HFA. Therefore, with the line now at 9.5, the bettors are saying that Bama would be a 14 point favorite on a neutral field.

I take it you were afraid to lay the 7 when it opened. You should have jumped all over it.
    Last edited by ALA2262; October 30th, 2012 at 09:40 AM.

Post Thanks / Like
    My Mood
    Cheerful on TideFans.com
    I haven't really thought about it with the hurricane. I will have to come back to it later on.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9780 using Tapatalk
    Send me up some Pibb Extra and Golden Flake potato chips please

BamaNation Hall of Fame Alasippi's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Vinny View Post
    I haven't really thought about it with the hurricane. I will have to come back to it later on.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9780 using Tapatalk
    Hope all is ok Vinny. I've been through five hurricanes and I know they are horrible. Sandy was one of the worst ever. Best wishes. sip

BamaNation First Team CrimsonMapper's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    My Mood
    Festive on TideFans.com

Quote Originally Posted by 81usaf92 View Post
    does our 08 game count cuz late in the 3rd the sun went down and they made the announcement "the sun has set in Death Valley." cuz I know the loss you are reffering to is 09 Florida
    I think he lost his first game in Tiger Stadium at night. Remember that Tennessee overtime game that was played on a Monday night because of Hurricane Rita?

I say good guys 20-10!
    Last edited by CrimsonMapper; October 30th, 2012 at 12:44 PM. Reason: Forgot my prediction.