Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ... 234567891011 LastLast
    BamaNation Hall of Fame CajunCrimson's Avatar
    My Mood
    Busy on TideFans.com

Re: Pick the score: Alabama vs. LSU

Looking at the Offenses we've played so far (ranked by NCAA Stats by PPG) and pts we gave up

Michigan - 63rd - 14 pts
    WKU - 56th - 0 pts
    Arkansas - 69th - 0 pts
    FAU - 113th - 7 pts (7 pts in 4th Qtr)
    Ole Miss -46th - 14 pts
    Mizzou - 88th - 10 pts
    UT - 30th - 13 pts (3 pts in 4th QTR)
    MSU - 43rd - 7 pts (7 pts in 4th QTR)

LSU is 50th - so better than Michigan and a bit worse than MSU -- it would seem LSU probably can't score more than 14 pts on us....

LSU on the other hand has given up 14 or more points 6 times this year (to North Texas, Idaho, Towson, Florida, USCe and A&M. The only teams they've held UNDER 14 are Auburn and Washington......

If they can't score more than 14 and we can't score less than 14 -- this sure seems like a done deal....

With all that said.....

Bama 27
    LSU 13
    Raj: Excuse me, I can't be drinking, I'm about to make an important scientific discovery here!
    Howard:What? Galileo did his best work while drinking wine!
    Raj: How do you know that?
    Howard: He was Italian, it's a reasonable assumption.
    Raj: Dude, can you even open your mouth without saying a cultural stereotype?
    Howard: I'm sorry Galileo drank diet sprite!

2. Advertisement
    BamaNation All-American

Bama 24
    LSU 13

I think this will be the first game this year where we don't score thirty points. I don't think they can beat us with just their offense against our defense, but I am concerned about them having defensive scores or special teams scores and really making this game tight. They are well rested and playing at home at night. This one just might make some body parts pucker before it is said and done.

Good Guys- 23

LSU- 9

BamaNation All-SEC

Tide 20
    L-S-Who 10
    ROLL TIDE ROLL!

BamaNation All-SEC KrimsonNinja's Avatar
    My Mood
    Busy on TideFans.com

Alabama Crimson Tide - 30

LSU Tigers - 13
    "In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act" - George Orwell

BamaNation Hall of Fame
    My Mood
    Mellow on TideFans.com

I know, I know...but I am more worried about next week, final stop on Bama's "Amen Corner".
    Bama 31
    who's 3

My Mood
    Confused on TideFans.com

Two TDs and three FGs for the good guys in Crimson and one of each for the Tiggers! Let's go guys!

Yeah i wished I would of jump all over us @-7 but i didn't and it moved so fast i didn't like it then. I think we win by either 3 or 7, I don't like big lines in big games, look at OU last week if u need any proof, it opened at @12.5.. I was at the golden nugget like I am every year when the games of the year are released and got us as a 2 pt underdog, so hopefully I will be fine. I got us at 6.5 against arky in my pocket that paid 1k, and i have 2 left, Sat night +2 and the barn -18.. but i wish i would of fired on -7, and i am going to go ahead and put the barn ticket with arky ticket, so we win Sat night, Free Trip to vegas on the golden nugget...RTR

BamaNation Hall of Fame
    My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

My first thoughts on this game is that they have had this date circled on their calendars since January and will try to give us their best game. I'm also sure that CNS, all the assistants and certainly all the Tide players will be ready for whatever the LSWhoo folks bring to the game. Given that it's in Death Valley the home crowd will be a factor - only if the Tide players let it. I'm betting they don't.
    In a closer than normal game,
    Tide 27
    LSU 14

My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

Bama 23
    Lsu 14
    Roll Tide..

BamaNation Hall of Fame Clubfitter's Avatar
    My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

I'm going with

Bama 26 LSWho 10
    “What happened yesterday is history. What happens tomorrow is a mystery. What we do today makes a difference - the precious present moment.”
    Coach Nick Saban.

BamaNation Third Team

I wish that I could agree and go with my crimson colored glasses, but I just do not see it not being a close game. Coach Saban already touched on the emotional aspects and how it affected us last year. That same nervous energy will be a big part of the game Saturday night, with LSU is dealing with the on campus presence of ESPN this year. The game is going to be tight for a good portion of the night Saturday, and yes we do have the better complete team, but you have to keep in mind how we came out at Missouri after the bye week. We were focused, driven, and ran right over and through a weak Missouri team, but Coach Saban mentioned the bye week with rest and preparation being the key. LSU will have that same advantage Saturday, of course they will not be lining up against Missouri, but the #1 team in the land. The key for BAMA is how are we going to react to the first adversity that we will face all year. Will we response immediately, a la Ole Miss, or we it be a grind....sorry for the long winded post, but I am thinking....

Bama 20
    LSU 17 (TD comes late)

BamaNation First Team CrimsonBeachBum's Avatar

I've not done well in picking scores this season and haven't given our offense enough credit at times. But I just think with the way A.J., our O-line and receivers are playing, I can see us hanging 30 -plus points on LSU. I'm thinking Bama 33 - LSU 16.
    "You got any biscuits fer sale in-nare?" "Reckin what you like to eat in-nare?"