Pick the score: Alabama vs. LSU

BamaFlum

Hall of Fame
Dec 11, 2002
S.A., TX, USA
I'm not seeing it. As a pessimist, our pass protection is shaky and their front seven will be the best we have faced yet.

I'm cautiously optimistic.

crimson fan man

Hall of Fame
Aug 12, 2002
Athens Al
I believe that Alabama will have to weather the storm in the first half. If we can make a td or two in the first half the game will not be close but Alabama will need to be on their toes to handle the hype from the lsu players. Ala 38 lsu 13

BamaHoosier

All-American
Jan 17, 2011
Noblesville Indiana
I still don't have much of a gut feel for this one. It will be on the biggest stage we've faced this year, the pressure will be intense, and like it or not we do still have a young team in a lot of areas. LSU will be the toughest defense we've faces, although they do have some holes in their secondary that can be exploited. The overall score will depend on the night of AJ. I don't think we will rush for more than 150 total yards on the night, so AJ will have to extend some drives, and clear the box so his runners can get some room. If AJ makes a few mistakes, then the game will be very close, if he comes out firing on all cylinders, then I think we will run away with it.

The only way LSU can beat us is if it is an ugly, slugfest type of game very similar to Nov. 5th of last year, but the only way it goes there is if we allow it to. As of now I think we win by 10-14 points, but that's about as close as I can get it right now. No matter how you slice it, it's going to be an awesome game, and a fun night.

BamaHoosier

All-American
Jan 17, 2011
Noblesville Indiana
I usually stay away from other teams forums, but I was kind of curious to see what the Cajun's on TigerDroppings are saying about this game. The average person seems to think that LSU will win, and win convincingly. Plus they think AJ will throw a dozen picks, and Mettenberger will morph into Tom Brady at some point in the game. I look forward to seeing some posts after the game to see how different of a tune they are singing.

TideMom2Boys

Hall of Fame
Nov 17, 2010
Alabama
I usually stay away from other teams forums, but I was kind of curious to see what the Cajun's on TigerDroppings are saying about this game. The average person seems to think that LSU will win, and win convincingly. Plus they think AJ will throw a dozen picks, and Mettenberger will morph into Tom Brady at some point in the game. I look forward to seeing some posts after the game to see how different of a tune they are singing.
You should have seen the MSU boards, they thought the same thing. Well...we know how that turned out.

Jessica4Bama

Hall of Fame
Nov 7, 2009
Alabama
Yeah. I was just on TD. Some were level headed the others not so much.

deliveryman35

Hall of Fame
Jul 26, 2003
Gadsden, AL
The tigers have won 22 in a row at home and probably have, outside of our own, the best D in college football. Miles is 3-3 against Saban--that stat alone is pretty amazing. Like I said before last yr's game, I think that one team will slowly wear down under the other's defense and then lose the game. I predict we win a very competitive and close contest, 23-16. Look for a bunch of field goals again...

BamaFlum

Hall of Fame
Dec 11, 2002
S.A., TX, USA
The tigers have won 22 in a row at home and probably have, outside of our own, the best D in college football. Miles is 3-3 against Saban--that stat alone is pretty amazing. Like I said before last yr's game, I think that one team will slowly wear down under the other's defense and then lose the game. I predict we win a very competitive and close contest, 23-16. Look for a bunch of field goals again...
This.

Well, here is the game everyone is looking for. This game is still the biggest of the year even though it's lost some of its muster...

Yes, we haven't faced a defense like their but what offense have they faced like ours? Their offense hasn't faced anything like it's about to face. We faced offenses like theirs and shut them down and out. Special teams took a turn for the best this season so none of that missing field goal stuff. We are better at everything than they are and as rested as them as well. I look for total domination from the ones wearing Crimson! ROLL TIDE!!

Last edited:

WylieTexasTider

All-American
Sep 24, 2006
If you look at LSU in their 4 SEC games so far they average 16 points per game and also surrender the same. They've scored 65 points and surrendered 64. They have not seen a defense as good as ours yet this year, period end of discussion. Zach has been a sub .500 passer in the SEC. He will get rattled, he will make a dumb throw or 3. I see them scoring 2 FG's at most. If our O-line brings its A game and protects AJ we will hang 30+ on them and win 34-3. If we play the way we did against W.Ky and have our 3Q lull again, we win an ugly 6-3 type game.

in the end I see a combination of strong play with a few lapses that results in a 24-3 victory.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.