Pick the score: Alabama vs. LSU

bondsdw

Scout Team
Jan 26, 2007
I know we have better statistics, but this is still LSU. At Death Valley. At night. I would be surprised if this game isn't close the whole way. I just don't see LSU getting dominated at home. I think the defenses are a wash (both incredibly talented and stifling), creating a low-scoring affair as usual. That being said, our offense just looks way, way better than LSU's right now. You've got to think we will be the team capable of making those few big, game-changing offensive plays. 17-10 Alabama for me.

deliveryman35

Hall of Fame
Jul 26, 2003
Gadsden, AL
I predicted 23-16 earlier in the thread, but I cannot help but think also that Nick and the staff have held a few things back for this game. I'm guessing we show LSU some stuff on O(and maybe even on D) that we have done yet this season. I still think it will be close and mainly a game of field position.

One other interesting stat--the Hat has lost only ONE night game at Tiger Stadium in his 8 seasons as HC.

Last edited:

BamaGoose

Suspended
Dec 7, 1999
Meridianville, Al.
To me, this game will go one of two ways. Bama comes out, smacks them right in the mouth and gets a nice lead on them, demoralizes their crowd and cruises to victory. The second is that it becomes a field position, running the football, Gene Stallings type game to see which team crumbles first. If that is the case, this game will be a four quarter, possibly overtime game. I fully believe Bama is a better team than them but they have a lot of elements on their side. Crowd, night game, everyone rooting for them to win. We're going to find out what we're made out of. Either we're as good as I think we are or we are a pretender. Simple as that.
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
CAPTAIN OBVIOUS HAS ARRIVED. All get on board. :biggrin:

Crimson Cat

FB Moderator
Nov 26, 2006
Alabama
21 BAMA
10 LSU

While this one has the potential to be a bit more lop-sided if our offense can get clicking...I'm still thinking the defenses and special teams/field position will dictate most of the game.

81usaf92

TideFans Legend
Apr 26, 2008
South Alabama
One other interesting stat--the Hat has lost only ONE night game at Tiger Stadium in his 8 seasons as HC.
does our 08 game count cuz late in the 3rd the sun went down and they made the announcement "the sun has set in Death Valley." cuz I know the loss you are reffering to is 09 Florida

Last edited by a moderator:

81usaf92

TideFans Legend
Apr 26, 2008
South Alabama
I think we can make this an ugly game. I have a gut feeling that we repel the early emotions they have. To everyone who refers to their defense is the equalizer; I just dont see it cuz its the same matchup as last year (minus claiborne,mathiue, Trent, and Maze). Our losses arnt as pressing as theirs and the fact our line bullied them both games is very reassuring. Plus our recievers are way better, and of course AJ is way better. On defense we are going to load the box and dare Mett to throw, which he will get a few but our DBs against their ball dropping recievers isnt really fair unless you are refering to Russel Shepard. Our Dline vs their young Oline is in our advantage. I think Les Miles quote about Death Valley is soon going to be compared to the Blackout and That Team statement in which you dont do on Alabama week.
ALA 36
LSU 14

Nolan

Hall of Fame
Jul 4, 2006
Oahu
IMO we have come along since last year while LSU has stood still - if not regressed.

I think we continue to show we are head and shoulders above the rest...I still say

34-13 good guys prevail.

Furthermore, there is a distinct possibility we are already in their heads. (its a mauling, folks)

RollTideinKY

Suspended
Aug 7, 2010
Guys and Girls I have been away for a while but whata great season so far we are having again under CNS, but these predictions are outta control. I agree we win Sat night but we are not scoring 30-40 some points against them. Sip had a nice write up, they have been thinking about this game since last Jan, and even though I think they have one of the worst Offenses of any ranked team, they also have as good of D in the nation. I am a sports better and I can't believe that the line came out us favored by 7 @ lsu considering odds makers usually give the home team 3 points before making the line. Now the spread has moved to 9.5-10 point favor for us. To tell you the truth without wearing my crimson shaded glasses like the majority of you that have picked a score this game scares me to death. It is going to be a blood bath, low scoring, similar to last year with the team making the least mistakes winning. penalties, turnovers, kicking game, both punting and FG's will decide the outcome of this game. We have not faced a Defense like they have all year, their front 4 might be as good as in the country and will be extremely tough to run on, they have 2 first rounders at DE's that will test our tackles on every pass play. The should be undefeated without a doubt, everyone was talking just 2 weeks ago how good Fla was, and they played at the Swamp, and gave the game away in the second half. Yeah they have played downed to their competition several times this year but dont be fooled. This is their BCS game and it is going to take our best effort of the year to come outta baton rouge with a win Sat night. I am thinking it is all going to depend on AJ and making plays in our passing game, just like in the BCS game last year I think we will have to use the pass to set up the Run, not the traditional run to set up passing games we usually play. They have had an extra week to prepare for us and get healthier and work on their Oline. I promise you this will be a great game, I see us coming out with a win by no more than a TD but more than likely a Shelley FG wins this game. I hope I am wrong and we win by the scores a lot of you have posted but I just don't see it. I see a 13-10 win or 17-14 game Sat night. I think it is HUGE for us to come out and score quick and take the lead to keep the crowd not only out of it but for them to play from behind, I still dont think mett is the answer but if we let them hang around they will be able to run it enough to keep this game close. If AJ can come out and we can get a 2 score lead on them, then I think it changes everything, but if it is like the first game last year then I think it will end up like the first game last year, but i think Shelley makes Fg's to win it this year and Foster has to but kickoffs into the endzone Sat night, give it to them at the 25 and make them drive it, don't let them have a chance of making a play on special teams and if it is out of Shelley's range then punt the ball and play Defense. Mettenbeger can't beat us with his arm or drive the football the length of the field, but don't give them a short field were Hill, Ware, Hillard, and Ford can get enough yards to get them into scoring range. This game reminds me so much of the last time Lswho was beat at home at night by the #1 team in the country, fla. The odds from vegas were almost exactly to what they are Sat night and Tebow and the fla ranked #1 at the time beat #4 lswho 13-3 before losing to us in the SECCG. Now the #1 Tide roll in against the #5 who @ night favored by 10 just like fla, and THAT will be my final prediction in a good ole Defensive Battle, TIDE 13-3 or back up pick... 14-10... RTR

Jessica4Bama

Hall of Fame
Nov 7, 2009
Alabama
Rolltideinky, if this Bama team plays like it is capable then yes, those scores all of us are predicting can happen. This team is crazy good, and it will be a tuff game, but a blowout would not surprise me. Neither would a close game. We will see in a few days.

Some stats to keep in mind (also posted in the Analyze LSU thread):

Code:
Statistic:         LSU    Alabama 

Total offense:     74     41 
Scoring offense:   51     11 
Passing offense:   106    73 
Rushing offense:   25     22 
Red Zone offense:  72     1 

Total defense:     3      1 
Scoring defense:   9      1 
Rush defense:      8      1 
Pass defense:      4      1 
Pass efficiency:   2      1 
Red zone defense:  115    1 

Penalties/game:    117   24
Some of this is great some shocking! Red zone defense 115? How does that happen?! I know the Bama will stand up in this game, especially in the red zone! Roll Tide!!

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.