Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: 2013 QB

BamaNation Hall of Fame RedStar's Avatar
    Recipes
    Post Thanks / Like
    My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

Re: 2013 QB

AJ's the best pro prospect we've had at QB in a long time. He's stated he's going & if he wins 2 NC's in a row and is a Heisman finalist, his stock will never be higher.

As of right now, it looks like Ely's the true "backup" QB. I say this because for whatever reason, we actually allow him to throw passes when he comes into the game. Sims has played 50+ snaps in his two years on campus and he's never thrown a pass. Both have come in for mop-up duty, but the coaches never seem to trust Sims to throw a pass. TIFWIW.
    Fool me once, shame on me. Fool me twice? Congratulations, you'd probably make a pretty good con-man.

2. Advertisement
    BamaNation All-American
    Post Thanks / Like

"Sims has played 50+ snaps in his two years on campus and he's never thrown a pass"

Looking for this to change Saturday night. On topic, I think AJ goes Pro. Oline almost has to take a step or two back next year. If you are gonna take lumps, might as well get paid. He will have nothing left to prove.
    Last edited by dvldog; October 31st, 2012 at 07:43 AM.

BamaNation Scout Team
    Post Thanks / Like

Danny Sheridan says AJ is gonna stay.

News|BB|FB|Rec Moderator runtheoption22's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

Quote Originally Posted by RedStar View Post
    AJ's the best pro prospect we've had at QB in a long time. He's stated he's going & if he wins 2 NC's in a row and is a Heisman finalist, his stock will never be higher.

As of right now, it looks like Ely's the true "backup" QB. I say this because for whatever reason, we actually allow him to throw passes when he comes into the game. Sims has played 50+ snaps in his two years on campus and he's never thrown a pass. Both have come in for mop-up duty, but the coaches never seem to trust Sims to throw a pass. TIFWIW.
    #12 Phillip Ely Comp-Att-Int Pct Yards TD Long Sack-Yds Effic
    Arkansas 2-3-0 66.7 15 0 8 0-0 108.67
    Mississippi State 1-1-0 100.0 27 1 27 0-0 656.80
    TOTALS 3-4-0 75.0 42 1 27 0-0 245.70

#6 Blake Sims Comp-Att-Int Pct Yards TD Long Sack-Yds Effic
    Western Kentucky 1-1-0 100.0 6 0 6 0-0 150.40
    Arkansas 1-1-0 100.0 9 0 9 0-0 175.60
    Florida Atlantic 1-1-0 100.0 35 0 35 1-16 394.00
    TOTALS 3-3-0 100.0 50 0 35 1-16 240.00

BamaNation Hall of Fame RedStar's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

Quote Originally Posted by runtheoption22 View Post
    #12 Phillip Ely Comp-Att-Int Pct Yards TD Long Sack-Yds Effic
    Arkansas 2-3-0 66.7 15 0 8 0-0 108.67
    Mississippi State 1-1-0 100.0 27 1 27 0-0 656.80
    TOTALS 3-4-0 75.0 42 1 27 0-0 245.70

#6 Blake Sims Comp-Att-Int Pct Yards TD Long Sack-Yds Effic
    Western Kentucky 1-1-0 100.0 6 0 6 0-0 150.40
    Arkansas 1-1-0 100.0 9 0 9 0-0 175.60
    Florida Atlantic 1-1-0 100.0 35 0 35 1-16 394.00
    TOTALS 3-3-0 100.0 50 0 35 1-16 240.00
    Maybe he has thrown a pass. I looked up his stats several places, including ESPN, and this is what I found. Thanks for the find.
    Fool me once, shame on me. Fool me twice? Congratulations, you'd probably make a pretty good con-man.

Post Thanks / Like
    My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

Maybe he has thrown a pass. I looked up his stats several places, including ESPN, and this is what I found. Thanks for the find.
    Click on the Stats tab on his profile. You'll see his passing stats.
    "I don't know what class is but I can tell when one has it, you can tell from a mile away"
    Coach Bryant

Rasuputin's response to my question "What benefit do tablets provide students?"
    (In an old southern trailer park redneck beer in hand marlboro light in other and camoflauge cutoff shorts man's voice) If a tablet was good enough for Moses and the 10 Commandments then by god they are good enough for my children in school today!!!!!!!

News|BB|FB|Rec Moderator runtheoption22's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

I honestly don't remember the passes, though. haha

He actually has a decent arm. Now, is he capable of a full SEC season? IDK

BamaNation All-American BamaDMD's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

I agree. I would love to see AJ stay for selfish reasons, but looking at it from his standpoint, he has nothing left to prove if he continues to do what he's doing and also wins another NC.

BamaNation Hall of Fame TideFan in AU's Avatar
    Almost close enough to the pasture to smell it!
    Post Thanks / Like
    My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

AJ is frail because he's suffered a few minor bumps and bruises after being nailed about 14 times this year? Please. He played half of last season with a shoulder injury that required significant surgery, and played great. I love ya Sip, but comparing AJ to Brodie in that respect is laughable, IMO. I also think everyone should go ahead and accept the fact that AJ is gone after this year. He has pretty much done everything short of formally announcing that he has entered the draft.

BamaNation Second Team Tider4653golf's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    My Mood
    BamaVictory on TideFans.com

Blake Sims
    Philip Ely
    Alec Morris
    Cooper Bateman
    or Parker McCleod

BamaNation Hall of Fame BamaJama17's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    My Mood
    Happy on TideFans.com

If AJ is a projected 1st round pick, then he just needs to go. As for any other player we have. I think Ely and Simms will do just fine next year.

Post Thanks / Like
    My Mood
    Apprehensive on TideFans.com

Quote Originally Posted by uafan4life View Post
    AJ has stated, several times, that he intends to enter the draft after this season. I've mentioned this in another thread but AJ is one of those guys who will surprise the draft "experts" by being drafted a round or two higher than they will expect. NFL Coaches and Scouts will almost certainly have AJ much higher on their "big board" than your typical draft analyst. If AJ just does what he's done so far this year for the rest of it then he'll likely be a mid-second to early-third round pick with an outside shot at a late first round pick.

Granted, there are a few things that could cause him to stay another year such as (heaven forbid) an injury or a performance slump or something like that. Coach Saban and the NFL advisers that will talk to AJ may feel that he can greatly benefit from another year and encourage him to stay. If so, it's possible that he listens. On the other hand, there are some family pressures for him to turn pro as quickly as possible and he may listen to that no matter what.

We won't know whether or not AJ will be back next year until sometime in the spring, at the earliest. Right now he is leaning towards declaring and that is what we should expect. If he does decide, for whatever reason, to come back for another year then it should be considered a pleasant surprise.
    I think there is a team up in the NE called the Patriots that might take a chance on him. Brady still has a few years left and that one would be a great person to learn under.

BamaNation First Team CrimsonTheory's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    My Mood
    Nerdy on TideFans.com

1. I want him to stay for his SR season, but I suspect he's gone.

2. I think it will Ely, but it wouldn't surprise if Cooper Batemen comes in early, gets acclimated quickly and sneaks into the QB competition. Not saying it would happen, but it wouldn't surprise.
    the former CrimsonBleedRed.