2013 QB

thefloydian

Suspended
Oct 28, 2012
The one thing I haven't heard anyone talk about is how many quarterbacks there are in this draft class versus the number of NFL teams that actually need a quarterback.

There are only two teams that seem like a lock to draft a QB in the first round: Arizona and Kansas City
The other two teams that might are Buffalo and the Jets. If all these guys leave this year some NFL team is going to get a good deal at QB.

Ole Man Dan

Hall of Fame
Apr 21, 2008
Gadsden, Al.
The Pros have seen enough game film of AJ to know that he understands playing Pro style ball,
and is a good candidate. They may try to devalue the AJ stock to frighten off some of the guys
with early picks, In hopes of picking him up for a song later in the draft.
(Think the Upshaw treatment :( )

I would love for AJ to return. BUT...
I think his stock will go up if we can win the big one again...
Then Blake & Ealy will have an inside shot at starting next year.

Last edited:

bobmack12champs

1st Team
Mar 1, 2001
Florence, Al. USA
If AJ goes pro, who's next behind center?

what about Alec Morris...don't hear much about him. there's Simms and Elay(spelling).I know we have Cooper Bateman coming in and they are all pocket qb's for maybe the exception of Simms.How about it Crimsonsurfer...runtheoption...anyone?:BigA:

JeffAtlanta

All-American
Aug 21, 2007
Atlanta, GA (Buckhead)
The Pros have seen enough game film of AJ to know that he understands playing Pro style ball, and is a good candidate. [...] I would love for AJ to return. BUT... I think his stock will go up if we can win the big one again...
The pros don't care about any of that though. The NFL primarily cares about physical measurables, arm strength & accuracy.

Receivers in the NFL are open by a much smaller distance than in college so that is why the NFL values arm strength and accuracy so much.

To be clear, I'm not saying that AJ is lacking in these areas, just that winning titles doesn't really matter to the NFL.

JIB

Suspended
Nov 2, 2011
Sterrett
He was off last night, big time. The 51 yard pass to Cooper should have been a TD and he missed several open guys.

He may leave early, but he won't be a first round pick. Probably not 2nd or 3rd either.

Alasippi

Suspended
Aug 31, 2007
Ocean Springs, MS
Kiper and McShay both agree that no quarterback may go before the 20th pick and that includes Matt Barkley.
After him they have A.J. nowhere near their top five QB prospects. He might go in the 4th or the 5th round...maybe.
A.J. is a good Quarterback. He's not Namath or Stabler and honestly I'd take Mcelroy over him in a heartbeat.
I think he'll return and I hope so because he's a great game manager but he's not the second coming of John Elway.
I know everybody here loves him but he has a lot of weaknesses as a QB if you look at him from an NFL perspective.
Not being mean just objective, at least from my point of view.
sip

BamaMoon

Hall of Fame
Apr 1, 2004
Boone, NC
Kiper and McShay both agree that no quarterback may go before the 20th pick and that includes Matt Barkley.
After him they have A.J. nowhere near their top five QB prospects. He might go in the 4th or the 5th round...maybe.
A.J. is a good Quarterback. He's not Namath or Stabler and honestly I'd take Mcelroy over him in a heartbeat.
I think he'll return and I hope so because he's a great game manager but he's not the second coming of John Elway.
I know everybody here loves him but he has a lot of weaknesses as a QB if you look at him from an NFL perspective.
Not being mean just objective, at least from my point of view.
sip
In bold: agree about Namath or Stabler, but disagree about GMac. Loved him at Bama and beyond, but I think AJM has more tools and is equally as talented in game management. JMO

CrimsonProf

Hall of Fame
Dec 30, 2006
Birmingham, Alabama
It seems to me that long-term we have to have a quarterback who is a legit threat to run. Not a Michael Vick, but someone whose scouting report has to include a solid scrambling ability. Thinking along the lines of Rodgers or Luck.

Bamabuzzard

FB Moderator
Staff member
Aug 15, 2004
Where ever there's BBQ, Bourbon & Football
Ultimately I have no idea what AJ will do but IMO he needs another year of college. I think if goes after this year he's a third rounder AT BEST. More likely a fourth rounder possibly slipping to the fifth round. I don't think he'd fall to the sixth round. But I've seen stranger things.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.