Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: 2013 QB

BamaNation First Team CrimsonPride25's Avatar

Re: 2013 QB

AJ is gone. His stock will never be higher. Him and his family have pretty much already said he is going pro. I would probably say Ely will be the guy next season. I don't see Saban running a two QB system on a regular basis. Not enough continuity in the offense. With the RB's we will have next season we just need to hand it off every play anyway ha

2. Advertisement

Quote Originally Posted by CrimsonPride25 View Post
    AJ is gone. His stock will never be higher. Him and his family have pretty much already said he is going pro. I would probably say Ely will be the guy next season. I don't see Saban running a two QB system on a regular basis. Not enough continuity in the offense. With the RB's we will have next season we just need to hand it off every play anyway ha
    Until recently, I would have agreed. However, what he's hearing now is that he could drop as low as the 3rd or 4th round, whereas next year, he could be one of the top two QBs taken, if he has a decent season. Also, the Heisman talk is not hurting. OTOH, his dad is really pushing presently, so who knows? At any rate, it's not the lead pipe cinch it was a few weeks ago...
    "The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. - Ellen Parr"

'If today were the last day of my life, would I want to do what I am about to do today?' - Steve Jobs

I would rather live my life as if there is a god and die to find out there isn't, than live my life as if there isn't and die to find out there is. Albert Camus

My Mood
    Cool on TideFans.com

Selfishly I want him to return. He would be the legend if he won 3 in a row.

My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

Quote Originally Posted by CrimsonPride25 View Post
    The O-line next year will be fairly inexperienced. They've gotten some good reps this year, but we won't see the same play as we have the last two years. Running the ball might not be as easy as we've seen.
    Quote Originally Posted by TIDE-HSV View Post
    Until recently, I would have agreed. However, what he's hearing now is that he could drop as low as the 3rd or 4th round, whereas next year, he could be one of the top two QBs taken, if he has a decent season. Also, the Heisman talk is not hurting. OTOH, his dad is really pushing presently, so who knows? At any rate, it's not the lead pipe cinch it was a few weeks ago...
    How has he dropped with his performances this year? If anything, I would expect him to jump up the board rather than drop. Unless the analysts see guys doing better, I don't see how AJ has dropped.
    "I don't know what class is but I can tell when one has it, you can tell from a mile away"
    Coach Bryant

Rasuputin's response to my question "What benefit do tablets provide students?"
    (In an old southern trailer park redneck beer in hand marlboro light in other and camoflauge cutoff shorts man's voice) If a tablet was good enough for Moses and the 10 Commandments then by god they are good enough for my children in school today!!!!!!!

BamaNation All-American EscaTider's Avatar
    With all due respect, I think those who believe that Bateman has a realistic shot at starting next year are dreaming. Ely and Sims both have valuable game experience, and have been there long enough to start to earn some trust. Then you have Morris who will have the benefit of a redshirt year and a spring.

Bateman would have to be an all-world once in a generation talent to supplant all three.

Quote Originally Posted by RTR91 View Post
    How has he dropped with his performances this year? If anything, I would expect him to jump up the board rather than drop. Unless the analysts see guys doing better, I don't see how AJ has dropped.
    IDK. I'm just passing along what he's hearing...
    "The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. - Ellen Parr"

'If today were the last day of my life, would I want to do what I am about to do today?' - Steve Jobs

I would rather live my life as if there is a god and die to find out there isn't, than live my life as if there isn't and die to find out there is. Albert Camus

BamaNation First Team

I think it is more of the fact that this years class has a lot of good pro prospect qb's in Barkley, Smith, Wilson, and any other that wants to leave early. And there are a lot of teams with qb's that are young and don't want to waste an early pick on a backup. Even New England and Denver have gotten backups in the last 2 years. So I don't see qb being a big need position this year and the class is fairly deep

I really think it's NC or bust. If Alabama loses, and/or he gets hurt, that will impact his stock. He's not highly rated enough to take the hit. If he leads Alabama to another NC? Well, he'll not only have been a Heisman finalist but he'll have that championship mojo that someone is going to buy into.

I really think his mind will be made up for him. Either he'll have every reason to leave, or he'll have a lot of reasons to stay.

Suspended
    My Mood
    Shocked on TideFans.com
    B. Sims will be QB next year...

The one thing I haven't heard anyone talk about is how many quarterbacks there are in this draft class versus the number of NFL teams that actually need a quarterback.

There are only two teams that seem like a lock to draft a QB in the first round: Arizona and Kansas City
    The other two teams that might are Buffalo and the Jets. If all these guys leave this year some NFL team is going to get a good deal at QB.

BamaNation First Team marcusroby's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by colbysullivan View Post
    That, plus the fact that Josh McDaniels is an idiot. Tebow should have been a 3rd round pick at the earliest, as evidenced by his NFL career thus far.
    Being a Broncos fan I have to concur on the McDaniels statement. What was Pat Bolen thinking!

BamaNation All-American
    My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

The Pros have seen enough game film of AJ to know that he understands playing Pro style ball,
    and is a good candidate. They may try to devalue the AJ stock to frighten off some of the guys
    with early picks, In hopes of picking him up for a song later in the draft.
    (Think the Upshaw treatment )

I would love for AJ to return. BUT...
    I think his stock will go up if we can win the big one again...
    Then Blake & Ealy will have an inside shot at starting next year.
    Last edited by Ole Man Dan; November 4th, 2012 at 11:07 PM. Reason: format

BamaNation First Team

Question If AJ goes pro, who's next behind center?

what about Alec Morris...don't hear much about him. there's Simms and Elay(spelling).I know we have Cooper Bateman coming in and they are all pocket qb's for maybe the exception of Simms.How about it Crimsonsurfer...runtheoption...anyone?
    "You don't have to have a good memory if you are truthful"