Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: 2013 QB

BamaNation All-American theballguy's Avatar
    My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

Re: 2013 QB

AJ ain't going. IMO. His draft stock will definitely go up after a 4th season.
    Roll Tide Roll!!!

2. Advertisement
    Where ever there's BBQ, Crawfish & Football
    My Mood
    Cheerful on TideFans.com

Ultimately I have no idea what AJ will do but IMO he needs another year of college. I think if goes after this year he's a third rounder AT BEST. More likely a fourth rounder possibly slipping to the fifth round. I don't think he'd fall to the sixth round. But I've seen stranger things.
    The existence of God isn't determined in the thoughts of man. God exist, no matter what man thinks.

"It cost a lot of money to look this cheap."-Dolly Parton.

"If you ever want to know how good your barbecue is start charging for it"-Myron Mixon

BamaNation Hall of Fame Alasippi's Avatar
    My Mood
    Cloud_9 on TideFans.com

Quote Originally Posted by RTR91 View Post
    Not hardly. AJ's arm strength is much better than Greg's.
    agreed but Greg made some huge third down conversions with his legs. He was actually a pretty good runner as well as passer.

Just curious what y'all are thinking on this topic today since they have another game under their belts. I didn't get to see the game, just listened on the radio for the most part while at work. Sounded like Sims got most of the snaps after A.J. went out.

Suspended

0% change AJ leaves in my opinion.

There is no point in a QB leaving to be a fourth round draft pick, when he could come back and be a second/first round pick the following year. Barkley and Wilson were first round guys that came back to get better. AJ is in a much worse situation in terms of draft status and should do the same.

BamaNation First Team

Quote Originally Posted by Ty Webb View Post
    0% change AJ leaves in my opinion.

There is no point in a QB leaving to be a fourth round draft pick, when he could come back and be a second/first round pick the following year. Barkley and Wilson were first round guys that came back to get better. AJ is in a much worse situation in terms of draft status and should do the same.
    I agree

BamaNation All-American
    My Mood
    Relaxed on TideFans.com

no doubt it would be a big mistake if he left. the accuracy is just not close to what it would need to be in order to be a starter in the nfl. why not continue to improve on that

What do you guys think now? I think with the way the season has shaped up the last 4 weeks or so he would be dumb to leave early. Then again, I'm not an NFL draft expert.

Where ever there's BBQ, Crawfish & Football
    My Mood
    Cheerful on TideFans.com

Quote Originally Posted by thefloydian View Post
    What do you guys think now? I think with the way the season has shaped up the last 4 weeks or so he would be dumb to leave early. Then again, I'm not an NFL draft expert.
    I don't know a lot of what the NFL scouts look at but I know how the overall team itself does (winning or losing) doesn't play much part if any in their evaluation process of an individual player. I'm not a scout and to me it is quite obvious AJ still has things to work on before even sniffing a first or second, or maybe even a third round selection. I put it to you this way. I wouldn't use a first through third round pick on him if I'm a NFL GM selecting in 2013.

I think he needs another year.
    The existence of God isn't determined in the thoughts of man. God exist, no matter what man thinks.

"It cost a lot of money to look this cheap."-Dolly Parton.

"If you ever want to know how good your barbecue is start charging for it"-Myron Mixon

Suspended
    My Mood
    Relaxed on TideFans.com

Quote Originally Posted by theballguy View Post
    AJ ain't going. IMO. His draft stock will definitely go up after a 4th season.
    Agree. If he was a RB i would want to push him out the door but playing another year of college will not effect his 2nd pro contract if he is what I think he is.

He will most certainly be one of the pre- season deemed stars and will get a lot of attention. The OL situation will also prepare him for the NFL, which he needs.

BamaNation Hall of Fame Jessica4Bama's Avatar
    My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

I don't see him leaving early. He is a great QB, but the tough games this year (AM, LSU, GA) shows me that he needs more grooming.
    So we fix our eyes not on what is seen, but on what is unseen, since what is seen is temporary, but what is unseen is eternal. - 2 Corinthians 4:18

To worship You, I live
    To worship You, I live
    I live to worship You. -
    Israel Houghton

BamaNation All-American

I hope AJ stays another year. I don't know what is causing his family pressures but there are plenty more players on this team that were born without a silver spoon in their mouths if it is financial.
    Life is short, ocassionally bend the rules, Forgive quickly, Kiss slowly, Love truly, Laugh uncontrollably, and never regret anything that made you smile.

My Mood
    Curmudgeon on TideFans.com

I definitely think AJ will be better served by staying an additional year. While AJ has made some good throws, his performance in the last few games (taking out the LSU drive) have not been stellar. If he can stay and improve his accuracy on those intermediate throws, I believe his draft stock can be improved. If he has to move on, I do believe Morris will do quite well at the QB position. Ely may be ahead of him at the beginning of 2013 just because he has been around the program for a longer period of time. But Morris is the future QB considering our current inventory of QBs behind AJ. It will be interesting to see Mel's analysis of AJ but I think he has lots of room for improvement. To be fair, he got beat up some toward the end of this year which likely impacted his performance. Whatever the case, I am not going to hit the panic button. I love AJ's experience and that will be missed. I feel good about the ceiling on Morris and think we'll be fine if he elects to go. AJ may also factor into his decision that we lose Warmack, Jones and very possibly Fluker next year.