Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678

Thread: 2013 QB

BamaNation All-American

Re: 2013 QB

I agree that AJ's personal football career would be best served by returning. That holds regardless of whether the team wins or loses in Miami.

Knowledgeable posters have reported that there is (or at least was) family financial pressure to go after this year. Those same posters have also reported that there may have been some recent thawing of that position.

I think if he stays, the monetary gain from his potential advancement from a 4th or 5th round choice to even the 2nd round far outweighs a relatively small signing bonus in June.

Only if the immediate privation were so great as to endanger survival and health would I say the short term considerations prevail. And while I've read that they need the money, I don't think it's that bad.

Still, if mama and papa say go, and can't be convinced otherwise, you'd have to bet on an early entry.
    Last edited by 4Q Basket Case; December 4th, 2012 at 10:47 PM.
    Undefeated World Champion Threadkiller

2. Advertisement

I'm just not sure AJ improves that much more with another year. He will be loosing some O linemen and he hasn't done that well when he gets pressure now.

My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

Quote Originally Posted by 257WBY View Post
    I'm just not sure AJ improves that much more with another year. He will be loosing some O linemen and he hasn't done that well when he gets pressure now.
    Prior to his injury in the MSU game, he was doing fine. The injury has caused some issues.

With all the WRs returning, the passing attack should be very, very nice in 2013.
    "I don't know what class is but I can tell when one has it, you can tell from a mile away"
    Coach Bryant

Rasuputin's response to my question "What benefit do tablets provide students?"
    (In an old southern trailer park redneck beer in hand marlboro light in other and camoflauge cutoff shorts man's voice) If a tablet was good enough for Moses and the 10 Commandments then by god they are good enough for my children in school today!!!!!!!

I actually have faith in the upcoming offensive line. Last time we were supposed to be weaker there it turned out OK.

Quote Originally Posted by RTR91 View Post
    Prior to his injury in the MSU game, he was doing fine. The injury has caused some issues.

With all the WRs returning, the passing attack should be very, very nice in 2013.
    Prior to MSU, the schedule was easy. As it got tougher, the numbers fell way off.

My Mood
    BamaVictory on TideFans.com

Would love to see Alabama recruit a QB that could win a game with his feet.
    I would not. That's what we have a great stable of RB's for. Look at all the QB's in the NFL that are most always healthy, (Both Mannings, Breese, Brady, Rodgers) and then the ones that always get hurt (Vick, RG3, Mcnabb). I'd much rather have a pocket passer than a "dual threat" QB.

-CLINT

I would be willing to bet almost everything that Aj will be returning.

Where ever there's BBQ, Crawfish & Football
    My Mood
    Cheerful on TideFans.com

He'll be a year older and a lot of pro teams will tell you there are a lot of these guys that come out that simply need another year of maturing. Not necessarily "getting better" on the field. Also, I haven't looked but I think AJ coming out next season will not have a Matt Barkley or Tyler Wilson in the draft either. He'll be a more attractive pick without these two in the mix.
    The existence of God isn't determined in the thoughts of man. God exist, no matter what man thinks.

"It cost a lot of money to look this cheap."-Dolly Parton.

"If you ever want to know how good your barbecue is start charging for it"-Myron Mixon

Quote Originally Posted by CLINT View Post
    I would not. That's what we have a great stable of RB's for. Look at all the QB's in the NFL that are most always healthy, (Both Mannings, Breese, Brady, Rodgers) and then the ones that always get hurt (Vick, RG3, Mcnabb). I'd much rather have a pocket passer than a "dual threat" QB.

-CLINT
    Give me a Tebow, Johnny FB, RGIII, or Cam type QB any day. Why have a guy who can only handoff when you can give opponents another threat to worry about?

Before he was injured, AJ was consistently making throws that UA fans haven't seen since Kenny Stabler. He's not been nearly as sharp, nor does he seem to be seeing the field as well either. If he wins out this year, he may be ready for a change. He's been here four years. Maybe he wants to start getting paid, regardless of the size of his first checks.

You can go online and click on a QB passer rating calculator. Feed A.J's numbers in for various games and then determine if you would recommend that he declare for the draft. You would be surprised how low his NFL passer rating is, its higher as a NCAA passer rating. If he declares, he absolutely better blow up the combine.......or else. If he was my kid, he would definitely play his senior year.

BamaNation All-American
    My Mood
    Relaxed on TideFans.com

AJ needs to continue to work on his accuracy. Accuracy is what makes an NFL QB.

My Mood
    Tired on TideFans.com

Staying for the final year certainly hasn't hurt Andrew Luck nor did it hurt Peyton. I think the maturity and experience gained is a big advantage in the long run.