The Fight'n Texas Aggie Band will be traveling to the Alabama game.........

Aggie Scott

Scout Team
May 1, 2012
Don't leave your seats at half time. I promise you the FTAB is unlike any college band you have ever seen. Don't miss it!!!!

squib

1st Team
Sep 24, 2005
Meh. Seen them multiple times. So if marching in a block and then back through the formation blows your hair back, then watch. You'll only have to see it once to see what it will be like every other time. Otherwise, go find something better to do.

TheRealPokeChop

Hall of Fame
Jul 7, 2010
Hueytown, Al
as a former member of the MDB, the SEC is full of great bands. Bama hs one of the best in the country as does Georgia and LSU is in fact the BEST in the country.

pluckngrit

Suspended
Nov 2, 2003
they better be good. they got a lot working against them, like the all male cheerleading squad. then there's the toolbags that grab their nuts. they still haven't explained that one.

saraelizabethua

1st Team
Feb 3, 2008
Oxford, Mississippi
as a former member of the MDB, the SEC is full of great bands. Bama hs one of the best in the country as does Georgia and LSU is in fact the BEST in the country.
I'm a former MDB member too, and I think TAMU will be competitive with LSU for the "best band in the SEC" title. They only play traditional marches, but I swear they don't stop moving for 7 minutes. (I saw them at the Ole Miss - TAMU game) Some of the cleanest countermarches I've ever seen, and I was really trying not to like them. Lots of sound, even when they are all facing different directions.

BTW Some of the band members will be wearing knee-high riding boots... This denotes the seniors in the organization.

I wish I could see them again. Wow.

BamaDMD

Hall of Fame
Sep 10, 2007
Rainsville Al
Are you saying both Georgia and LSU are the best or just LSU? Personally, I think the MDB is the best but I am a homer with crimson glasses :cool2: (no seriously, I never get tired of hearing our band).

saraelizabethua

1st Team
Feb 3, 2008
Oxford, Mississippi
Are you saying both Georgia and LSU are the best or just LSU? Personally, I think the MDB is the best but I am a homer with crimson glasses :cool2: (no seriously, I never get tired of hearing our band).
Most MDB members agree LSU has the best band... I think their ratio of music majors to non-music majors is higher, but I could be wrong (let me keep thinking that, please).

BamaDMD

Hall of Fame
Sep 10, 2007
Rainsville Al
Most MDB members agree LSU has the best band... I think their ratio of music majors to non-music majors is higher, but I could be wrong (let me keep thinking that, please).
Makes sense. I'll be interested to watch them (although I doubt they'll show them at halftime this weekend. I miss the days when they used to cut to the bands for a little while.)

bnhonest

All-SEC
May 28, 2003
Vestavia Hills, Al, USA
Are they all dudes?

I don't know much about aTm. But you guys don't have any female cheerleaders, amiright? If so, y'all really need to address that. The only impression I have of aTm comes from "best little whorehouse in Texas". So you are already a little behind in the war of masculinity.

Aggie Scott

Scout Team
May 1, 2012
TAMU's yell crew is all male... the band is most definitely NOT.
Sara is correct, the band is mixed. They A&M Corps of Cadets wear the wwII standard issue army uniform. The seniors wear the calvary uniform, thus the riding boots. A&M is strong on tradition, was an all military school and all male up till the late 60's I think. The Corps of Cadets make up about 2500-3000 of the 50000 member student body now. The "Yell" leaders, not cheer leaders are elected by the student body every year just like class officers. Females have run, they just haven't been elected yet. We do yells, in unison led by the yell leaders with hand signals. You can call it gay if you want, but it is tradition and it works for us. One of our favorite traditions is if the team scores, we get to score (kiss your date) in the stands too!

I wish I could have stayed in band. Women was my love back them and being apart of the Marching Hornets of ASU wasn't cutting it for me, so I dropped out. I've seen MDB once out of all my games I've been to and I'll say that are great. I've seen on UT in Knoxville and they were garbage. LSU remains to be seen...

Chukker Veteran

Hall of Fame
Feb 6, 2001
I've never understood the distinction between a cheerleader and a yell leader except that calling them yell leaders seems to somehow get them off the hook for not having any girls cheering...but that really doesn't make any sense either...

When the student body votes on who gets to be a yell leader, do the girl students get to vote?

Rush

All-American
Jul 5, 2011
Ontario, Canada
Since you n Poke are former MDB emembers, Sara, would either of you care to hazard a guess as to whether LSU's band will be able to cross the 50 during halftime this w/e?

:smile:

Last edited:

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.