Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Re: Herbstreit say aTm is a bigger threat than LSWho

I think Johnny Football is a great story and that Sumlin should be coach of the year if he ends up 9-3. That said, Johhny won't be taking snaps come the 4th quarter next weekend.

2. Advertisement
    BamaNation Hall of Fame JBama_in_PCOLA's Avatar
    Andalusia, Alabama via Pensacola, Florida United States
    My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com
    Quote Originally Posted by JIB View Post
    I think Johnny Football is a great story and that Sumlin should be coach of the year if he ends up 9-3. That said, Johhny won't be taking snaps come the 4th quarter next weekend.
    I agree, not since we've found out to play at home. (Haha)
    ROLL TIDE!

kind of agree, although for a different reason
    I was more concerned that bama may not be able to physically recover from the game with LSU. aTm is a flashy team which could cause you trouble when you have heavy feet. Hope Miss State can give aTm a hard 4 qtr game and level the field a little bit.

BamaNation All-American 2003TIDE's Avatar
    My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

Quote Originally Posted by bamanut_aj View Post
    They're getting us at a good time.
    Not really. They've gone through a long SEC stretch and haven't had a bye due to postponed games at the beginning of the season.

BamaNation Hall of Fame JBama_in_PCOLA's Avatar
    Andalusia, Alabama via Pensacola, Florida United States
    My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com
    Quote Originally Posted by brutetough View Post
    kind of agree, although for a different reason
    I was more concerned that bama may not be able to physically recover from the game with LSU. aTm is a flashy team which could cause you trouble when you have heavy feet. Hope Miss State can give aTm a hard 4 qtr game and level the field a little bit.
    A&M will get a good game from MSU. Very good!
    ROLL TIDE!

BamaNation All-American

Quote Originally Posted by crimsonaudio View Post
    I'll take playing a team with a freshman QB and no defense rather than LSU any day of the week.
    I agree, but what worries me is playing A&M the week after what will be a tough game against LSU. I am just hoping that A&M has a tough game at MSU this weekend. I would love for MSU to physically pound A&M while LSU and Bama are pounding each other.

Big A Re: Herbstreit say aTm is a bigger threat than LSWho

sorry herbie, no way a@m better game. lsu is a lot like the tide. great defense, special teams, home team. offense once again, without big time qb. however, a guy that big, tall rifle arm can have a big game. two best defensive teams in the sec, and in college football. texas a@m, very good offensive team, but, gives up points, and at our home. dont sell miss st short, they can play them tough, and may beat them. plus, he lsu game is he most important this year. if lsu wins, they knock the tide out of everything confence championship, and national title hunt. we beat lsu, we will beat texas a@m.

BamaNation Hall of Fame selmaborntidefan's Avatar
    My Mood
    Depressed on TideFans.com

aTm runs the risk of a classic letdown game after a big win. That much is true.

After looking at the teams left, however, the only team that can stop Alabama is Alabama.
    I'll always look back as I walk away
    This memory will last for eternity
    And all of our tears will be lost in the rain
    Til I find my way back to your arms again
    But until that day you know you are
    The queen of my heart

If there is a trap game this year, It's A&M. Playmaker oppposing QB combined with a sluggish hungover performance from our O could spell disaster for us. If he puts together one drive during the game and gets another broken play while our O is stagnant I could totally see us losing a 14-13 game vs. A&M. JMO

BamaNation Hall of Fame CrimsonSEC's Avatar
    My Mood
    Happy on TideFans.com

Quote Originally Posted by wrathin View Post
    If there is a trap game this year, It's A&M. Playmaker oppposing QB combined with a sluggish hungover performance from our O could spell disaster for us. If he puts together one drive during the game and gets another broken play while our O is stagnant I could totally see us losing a 14-13 game vs. A&M. JMO
    It's potentially a trap game, but there's definitely no reason to look past LSU to it yet. LSU is still the most talented overall team on our schedule and is our biggest threat. But the team better have a short victory hangover if they get out of Red Stick with the streak intact.
    Lee

"A long way," he said after being asked how far the Crimson Tide had come since Coach Nick Saban arrived three years ago. "I guess you could say it's the distance from Shreveport to Pasadena."
    Mike Johnson

Well everyone has said that it would take a hot QB to beat Bama. Of the games on the schedule so far, only A&M has a QB with a team speed and style capable of giving our D trouble by getting "Hot". And you can never rule out our offense having an off day.

I do love that game being @ BD though.

My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

IMHO, the only way we lose to A&M is if LSU beats us - that could very well result in our team being down. But I don't expect that to happen.
    "If you have integrity, nothing else matters. If you don't have integrity, nothing else matters." - Alan K. Simpson

BamaNation All-SEC tidefanbeezer's Avatar
    My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

Quote Originally Posted by bamanut_aj View Post
    I agree from the standpoint of the timing of the aTm game. They're getting us at a good time. Not that they'll beat us, but after the most physical and emotional game on our schedule is a great opportunity to take advantage of mental and physical fatigue.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Agree completely. aTm has a better shot than most at knocking us off, simply because of scheduling. I don't think they will beat us, but I wouldn't be surprised if the "only trailed :15 this season" stat gets a few minutes added to it. It will definitely be a good test for some of the younger guys to see how they bounce back after the mental and physical fatigue.