Herbstreit says aTm is a bigger threat than LSWho

cuda.1973

Hall of Fame
Dec 6, 2009
Allen, Texas
OK, doing this from memory, as I was in the car when he blurted that out, on the local ESPN radio afternoon yuk fest.

Said "LSU will run a predictable I-formation, and get 0.3 yards per play. The only way to beat Bama is to spread them out." LSWho can't because Mettenberg is not mobile. (I forget who he compared him to, but it was not a flattering comparison.)

OTOH................aTm can, because they have QB who can do that.

We shall see...................

crimsonaudio

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 9, 2002
crimsonaudio.net
Re: Herbstreit say aTm is a bigger threat than LSWho

I'll take playing a team with a freshman QB and no defense rather than LSU any day of the week.

jps1983

Hall of Fame
Aug 30, 2006

The thing A&M wll have in their favor is that they catch us after LSU and we'll probably have some soreness and emotional fatigue, win or loss. A&M is a challenge, especially with their offensive abilities, but LSU can match up with us and play with us at our own game. A&M is still too finesse on both sides of the ball.

bamachile

Hall of Fame
Jul 27, 2007
Oakdale, Louisiana

Herbie uses a bit of hyperbole from time to time, and this is one of those times. He seems to be trying to make a point about LSU's one-dimensional (or is it non-dimensional?) offense, and I'll give him a B+ for the effort.

bamanut_aj

Hall of Fame
Jul 31, 2000
Spring Hill, TN
I agree from the standpoint of the timing of the aTm game. They're getting us at a good time. Not that they'll beat us, but after the most physical and emotional game on our schedule is a great opportunity to take advantage of mental and physical fatigue.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

GeorgiaTider

All-SEC
Oct 30, 2005

I think we should worry about the boring LSU team first. The Aggies are later down the road. Besides Johnny Football or whatever he is called is Tebow version 3.

Jessica4Bama

Hall of Fame
Nov 7, 2009
Alabama

Yeah. They may, but it is LSU this week. I like the fact we get AM at home.

Timberline Tide

All-American
Jun 9, 2010
Colorado

Yeah we'll be coming off the road win :wink: at red stick, but the aggies won't exactly be daisy fresh after their trip to Starkvegas this week.

I know he's just talking and he knows a lot about football, but I think he's wrong. Bama plays to a standard. We are our own worst enemy. If we must say what team could give us a run, we'll its always the next one. So this week it's LSU. A&M is a good team that is on the rise and of course we play them right after one of the most physical teams in America. It's a possibility of a letdown, but not if we play to that standard.

crimsonaudio

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 9, 2002
crimsonaudio.net

Bama plays to a standard.
Yup. I've seen nothing this year to indicate this team will play to the opponent's level.

After we beat LSU we'll destroy A&M, then the next team. then the next, etc.

It's just business, and this team is ready to do it.

JIB

Suspended
Nov 2, 2011
Sterrett

I think Johnny Football is a great story and that Sumlin should be coach of the year if he ends up 9-3. That said, Johhny won't be taking snaps come the 4th quarter next weekend.

brutetough

1st Team
Dec 11, 2010

kind of agree, although for a different reason
I was more concerned that bama may not be able to physically recover from the game with LSU. aTm is a flashy team which could cause you trouble when you have heavy feet. Hope Miss State can give aTm a hard 4 qtr game and level the field a little bit.

kind of agree, although for a different reason
I was more concerned that bama may not be able to physically recover from the game with LSU. aTm is a flashy team which could cause you trouble when you have heavy feet. Hope Miss State can give aTm a hard 4 qtr game and level the field a little bit.
A&M will get a good game from MSU. Very good!

teamplayer

Hall of Fame
Jul 31, 2001
cullman, al, usa

I'll take playing a team with a freshman QB and no defense rather than LSU any day of the week.
I agree, but what worries me is playing A&M the week after what will be a tough game against LSU. I am just hoping that A&M has a tough game at MSU this weekend. I would love for MSU to physically pound A&M while LSU and Bama are pounding each other.

bamanix

1st Team
Mar 24, 2010

sorry herbie, no way a@m better game. lsu is a lot like the tide. great defense, special teams, home team. offense once again, without big time qb. however, a guy that big, tall rifle arm can have a big game. two best defensive teams in the sec, and in college football. texas a@m, very good offensive team, but, gives up points, and at our home. dont sell miss st short, they can play them tough, and may beat them. plus, he lsu game is he most important this year. if lsu wins, they knock the tide out of everything confence championship, and national title hunt. we beat lsu, we will beat texas a@m.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.