Game Thread: Barn vs. New Mexico State

KrimsonNinja

All-SEC
Apr 22, 2009
Florida
Beat me to it. This is a fun game to watch, only because Auburn is terrible. New Mexico State is giving Auburn everything they have.

It could be 3-0 NM State, but the kicker missed the field goal.

BamaDude06

1st Team
Sep 15, 2006
Earlier in the Auburn scoring drive Auburn clearly fumbled, but refs ruled him down. Play wasn't reviewed. The CSS announcers assumed it was because of an early whistle, so they asked the replay booth. Replay booth told them no, NMSt could have challenged but did not. If that's the case, why didn't the booth automatically review it...like they're supposed to?

bnhonest

All-SEC
May 28, 2003
Vestavia Hills, Al, USA
Earlier in the Auburn scoring drive Auburn clearly fumbled, but refs ruled him down. Play wasn't reviewed. The CSS announcers assumed it was because of an early whistle, so they asked the replay booth. Replay booth told them no, NMSt could have challenged but did not. If that's the case, why didn't the booth automatically review it...like they're supposed to?
I thought the same.

Craxycat

All-SEC
Apr 24, 2009
Ok...get attention where you can get it I guess, but WHY extend the ball like that just to risk the fumble?

BamaDude06

1st Team
Sep 15, 2006
Why does the TD stand? He dove into the endzone. Isn't the rule the score is nullified and the 15 yards marked off from the spot of the foul? He dove before he scored.

HYGIE

Scout Team
Dec 23, 2003
HARTSELLE,AL.,US
I would like to know this question also. I just asked my son the same question. We both thought that the new rule is . No score/15yards from the spot of the foul.

Can someone that knows for sure let me know.

RollTideMang

All-American
Oct 16, 2009
St. Louis, MO
I wasn't watching. Did he dive or did he flip into the EZ? I don't think there is a rule against diving (because Yeldon dove for a TD for us), but flipping is against the rules.

BamaDude06

1st Team
Sep 15, 2006
He dove/flipped and was flagged for it. Diving is against the rules if you are doing it just because you can.No one had a shot of tackling him. Yeldon dove to avoid a tackle, which is legal.

HYGIE

Scout Team
Dec 23, 2003
HARTSELLE,AL.,US
He broke his stride and dove however there was a flag for unsportsmanlike conduct. It was 15 yards accessed on the kick instead of from the spot of the foul.

Gandalff

2nd Team
Mar 28, 2012
Santa Marinella, Italy
Yeldon dove to avoid a tackle, which is legal.
It was not to avoid a tackle, he already broke the tackle, there was no one left between him and end zone. It was a more subtle and clever action, he had jus been hit and his momentum was driving him outbound, realizing it he made the only thing he could do to score. He "flew" without touching the field keeping the ball inside.
He dived and his body, following the momentum, went out of bounds, but he managed to keep the ball inside the pylon.
He realized that he could not stay on track and did the right thing in a fraction of second,

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.