****Official Postgame Thread - Bama vs. LSU****

trenda

Hall of Fame
May 17, 2000
Hendersonville, TN USA
After sleeping on it, I have to also give a big shout out to our defense. Yes, our defense. They got butchered for a big portion of the game last night, especially in the second half. But, after we scored, there were 50 seconds left. And, with the way we were giving up big chunks of yardage in the passing game, that was plenty of time for the Tigers to march right back down the field. Didn't happen. Our D tightened up and ended the game with a sack.

A stinging TD drive by the offense resulting in a TD and a sack by our D to end it. That's how you close out a game!!

Tider n LA

All-SEC
Dec 7, 2003
Alabama
I don't know this to be fact but someone said the Lsu fans were chanting "overrated" with 7 or 8 minutes to go. If true, I wonder how they felt after TJ scored.

Luvubama

All-SEC
May 26, 2008
Charlotte NC
I am so proud of this team and the never quit/never lose faith mentality! This was a great win for them and all of us fans! The last thing I remember posting last night was "this is not over". And boy was that ever an understatement!

hoopjsn

Suspended
Mar 4, 2006
Just watched the last couple minutes. Quick question...why did the clock stop on the next to last play? Jeremy Hill clearly did not get out of bounds and there wasn't a first down, yet they stopped the clock, giving LSU more time. Weird...

Bamaro

TideFans Legend
Oct 19, 2001
Jacksonville, Md USA
Just watched the last couple minutes. Quick question...why did the clock stop on the next to last play? Jeremy Hill clearly did not get out of bounds and there wasn't a first down, yet they stopped the clock, giving LSU more time. Weird...
I noticed that too:conf2:

day-day

Hall of Fame
Jan 2, 2005
Bartlett, TN (Memphis area)
I noticed that too:conf2:
I think maybe the LSU player "fumbled" the ball out of bounds because when he stood up it didn't look like he had the ball in his hand. There was no way to tell from the camera angle other than it looked obvious that he went down inbounds.

It may have been mentioned already, but Yeldon made a really nice block in pass protection during the last drive. I know the OL has already been mentioned.

bamanut_aj

Hall of Fame
Jul 31, 2000
Spring Hill, TN
I don't know this to be fact but someone said the Lsu fans were chanting "overrated" with 7 or 8 minutes to go. If true, I wonder how they felt after TJ scored.
Yeah, that's a little early for the overrated chant! It'd be like us claiming 'we just beat the hell outta you' ;)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

skrayper77

All-American
Sep 4, 2003
In regards to LSU's "prevent" D:
AJ completed 4 passes on that drive.
The first was threaded between two LSU defenders.
The second was an amazing jumping catch by Norwood.
The third was when Norwood was completely open.
The fourth was a screen on a blitz.

Sorry, but the "prevent" D only had an easy catch on one play. Two were great throws and catches, and the other was the perfect play call against the blitz.

Matt0424

All-American
Jan 16, 2010
Hoover, Al
I am a sucker for sports, especially Alabama... I am a grown man, sitting on my couch with tears in my eyes reminiscing on what happened last night. It's unbelievable...

skrayper77

All-American
Sep 4, 2003
U of A, thank you so much. I had critical processes at work to run last night, and didn't get to see the drive.

bamabelle1991

All-American
Jan 1, 2009
South Alabama
It was at :13 seconds left and they showed a classic LSU fake "injury." I told everyone at our house to watch for these fake injuries. I was inside watching by myself and got up and ran outside and said, "SEE!!! I TOLD Y'ALL THEY WOULD DO THIS!!" It didn't matter, though. Our defense stood up and finished that game!! My head is still hurting from all that yelling!!

Anybody got a youtube of the Rammer Jammer? I have to hear and see it! RTR!!

rgw

Suspended
Sep 15, 2003
Tuscaloosa
LSU played their defense on both end of half possessions where we scored. Alabama just executed better than their defense. Norwood did his apparently usual Superman impression against LSU. The staff had an excellent set of plays to execute in a 2-minute situation. The screen was an excellent call because we had to know they were going to pressure.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.