Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    BamaNation Hall of Fame Chukker Veteran's Avatar
    My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

Re: The fans need to really show up for the Texas A&M game.

Quote Originally Posted by JD95 View Post
    I'm thinking it won't be a problem. Our fans will "bring it" for the Aggies!!

That seems obvious. The Bama fan base is one of the most knowledgeable fan bases that follow football. We can recognize huge games with everything riding on it, and we know what to do, and how to act. We won't even have to flash photos of Fran up on the bigscreen to fire everybody up.

2. Advertisement
    BamaNation All-American 2003TIDE's Avatar
    My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

Quote Originally Posted by prattvilletider View Post

Will you and Larry Burton be there together?

You got to admit it would be pretty cool to go to the game with Larry. You get to sleep at the Sabans' house the night before the game and car pool with CNS to the stadium. That's a once in a lifetime opportunity! ;-)

BamaNation All-American Al A Bama's Avatar
    My Mood
    Relaxed on TideFans.com

Quote Originally Posted by KrAzY3 View Post
    This game will be a big one, and it could be a dangerous game as well. I hope the fans really show a lot of enthusiasm and support for the team, they deserve it.
    The TEAM is going to need Tide fans help in this one from beginning until the end. Since I don't have a ticket, I'd better see the stadium PACKED with Crimson Tide fanatics. Be very nice to the Texas visitors before and after the game, but during the game show your unending rabid support for the Crimson Tide.

Here's hoping our OFFENSE is on the field for 40 minutes+ against the Aggies so our DEFENSE is fresh in dealing with Johnny Football. However, the Aggies do score quickly.

The Aggies OL is verrrrrry good, 2 very good running backs, a couple of very good receivers, and a QB that's hard to catch.

Here's hoping we will intercept several Johnny Football passes and return them for TD's.
    "Is life so dear, or peace so sweet, as to be purchased at the price of chains and slavery? Forbid it, Almighty God! I know not what course others may take; but as for me, Give me Liberty, or give me Death!" Patrick Henry

BamaNation All-SEC

You know, I heard that about the Miss. State game, but it seems to me that things died down pretty fast. Yes, it was a blowout, but it's a four quarter game. A lot of big recruits were there and they should have seen a good four quarters of cheering instead of upping and leaving when a lot of fans did.
    The fans did our part for the MSU game. People left in the second half because the game was not in doubt, it was 45 degrees, and it was already past everyone's bedtime. Doesn't make anyone less of a fan or suggest that we failed to do our part in any way.
    ROLL TIDE ROLL!

Suspended

Alabama always shows up! No matter if its Western Kentucky, LSU, or the Barn. Alabama fans always intimidate.

Suspended

I think the crowd will be solid on Saturday - if you're concerned, though, I would suggest - seriously - to pump this up as hard as you can on talk radio, Twitter, Facebook, etc. the next five days.

My Mood
    Paranoid on TideFans.com

Quote Originally Posted by Chukker Veteran View Post
    The Bama fan base is one of the most knowledgeable fan bases that follow football. We can recognize huge games with everything riding on it, and we know what to do, and how to act.
    I agree with you. The fans tend to step up for big games and critical moments. Anything I've had to say that was critical about them, was not how they acted for big games and big moments. My concern is more with consistency.
    The fans did our part for the MSU game. People left in the second half because the game was not in doubt, it was 45 degrees, and it was already past everyone's bedtime. Doesn't make anyone less of a fan or suggest that we failed to do our part in any way.
    That's funny, I could have sworn there were still Alabama players playing a game in the second half. It was cold and past their bedtime but they stayed out there and played football. If they upped and left in the second half (which, to some extent has happened in the past) things would have turned out quite different. And that is the root of what I'm getting at.

Alabama fans are smart. Alabama fans really show up for big games. Until it gets late, or until it's a blowout. Unless it's a game they consider unimportant. They have better things to do, they get cold, bla bla bla. Those are all excuses and if the players acted that way, this team would not be undefeated. I'm just saying, at least for one game the players deserve not to have that. They deserve four quarters of support from the supposed fans. Not 3 quarters, not one half. Four quarters! We won't accept Alabama players saying they were cold or had more important things to do, we should show our support the entire game for once and not just hear about it as something other fan-bases do. We send a message to our players. If they do really well, we'll walk out on them. The recruits took the cue, fans left, recruits left, and the players kept playing. There's no reason that has to happen though, short of some delicate people being out past their bedtime.

There is a ridiculousness to some fans attitudes. It's insulting, and it's elitest. The football players can give their blood and sweat, they can sacrifice and push their bodies to extremes most of us know nothing about. But we go home because we're cold. We go home because we're tired. That's pathetic. The least we can do is sit for four quarters, is that seriously too much? If it is, perhaps you should find someone that's capable of cheering for four quarters to give your tickets to.
    Last edited by KrAzY3; November 4th, 2012 at 05:09 PM.

BamaNation All-American RollTideMang's Avatar
    My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

I have over 2,500 posts

Ruh Roh Raggy!

BamaNation All-SEC

There is a ridiculousness to some fans attitudes. It's insulting, and it's elitest. The football players can give their blood and sweat, they can sacrifice and push their bodies to extremes most of us know nothing about. But we go home because we're cold. We go home because we're tired. That's pathetic. The least we can do is sit for four quarters, is that seriously too much? If it is, perhaps you should find someone that's capable of cheering for four quarters to give your tickets to.
    Whatever. I've got 2 degrees from the University and attended literally 200-300 games, both home and away, since my first game in 1980. I've been a season ticket holder for 18 straight years, so I think I've earned my stripes as a fan and don't need any coaching up from you.

How many games did you attend in 1997 when we went 4-7 under DuBose? I was at Bryant-Denny every week. How about when we were 3-8 in 2000 or 4-9 in 2003? Again, I was there. Were you "on the waiting list" for season tickets back then? No, because there was no list, and they were begging people to buy season tickets then. What's pathetic and elitist is all the folks who want to jump on board now that Bama's on top of the world and criticize those of us who've been supporting the program with our dollars and our presence for decades now.

Hope to see you Saturday afternoon, and Roll Tide to you!
    Last edited by JD95; November 4th, 2012 at 06:40 PM.
    ROLL TIDE ROLL!

My Mood
    Paranoid on TideFans.com

Whatever. I've got 2 degrees from the University and attended literally 200-300 games, both home and away, since my first game in 1980. I've been a season ticket holder for 18 straight years, so I think I've earned my stripes as a fan and don't need any coaching up from you.

How many games did you attend in 1997 when we went 4-7 under DuBose? I was at Bryant-Denny every week. How about when we were 3-8 in 2000 or 4-9 in 2003? Again, I was there. Were you "on the waiting list" for season tickets back then? No, because there was no list, and they were begging people to buy season tickets then. What's pathetic and elitist is all the folks who want to jump on board now that Bama's on top of the world and criticize those of us who've been supporting the program with our dollars and our presence for decades now.
    I was 16 in 1997. Shortly after that I moved away from Alabama. I'm a high school drop out, I don't have any degrees. I didn't have the financial means to try to get season tickets until recently. But, every game I have attended, including A-Day, I was there for the entire game. I've never left early...

All I'm saying, and I will reiterate it, is that the team deserves to see us cheer for them four quarters against A&M, no matter what the score is! They earned it, they didn't give up against LSU and we should show them that we can provide the same atmosphere for four quarters that the LSU fans showed. I'm not even saying we should do it every game, but can't we do it just once this year? Just once, in what might be a championship season?

Honestly, I think a lot of our season ticket holders are privileged, and have become lazy and entitled. Yes, I'm glad you have given your money. Yes, I'm glad you've supported the team. But, can't we just once do it 100%? May be it takes more to stay up past ones bedtime, perhaps it takes more to withstand the cold than to donate money, but the players would really appreciate it. They deserve it, they have earned that much. They shouldn't have to struggle to get that level of support once this year, in what is the biggest home game.

BamaNation All-American sanjosecrimson's Avatar
    My Mood
    BamaVictory on TideFans.com

Bama just finished playing 3 of the last 4 games on the road. I would expect our fans to be in full support for this great team esp. after a intense and heart wrenching win at DV. not too mention, this game with TAMU is very dangerous. but with a win, Bama stamps a ticket to Atlanta and keeps on track to the NC.

BamaNation All-SEC RammerJammer15's Avatar
    My Mood
    Happy on TideFans.com

I think everyone will stay except the Frats and Soros lol
    Last edited by RammerJammer15; November 4th, 2012 at 08:06 PM.

My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

Quote Originally Posted by RammerJammer15 View Post
    I think everyone will stay except the Frats and Soros lol
    I'll take that bet.
    "I don't know what class is but I can tell when one has it, you can tell from a mile away"
    Coach Bryant

Rasuputin's response to my question "What benefit do tablets provide students?"
    (In an old southern trailer park redneck beer in hand marlboro light in other and camoflauge cutoff shorts man's voice) If a tablet was good enough for Moses and the 10 Commandments then by god they are good enough for my children in school today!!!!!!!