The fans need to really show up for the Texas A&M game.

JD95

All-American
Oct 18, 1999
Birmingham, AL
There is a ridiculousness to some fans attitudes. It's insulting, and it's elitest. The football players can give their blood and sweat, they can sacrifice and push their bodies to extremes most of us know nothing about. But we go home because we're cold. We go home because we're tired. That's pathetic. The least we can do is sit for four quarters, is that seriously too much? If it is, perhaps you should find someone that's capable of cheering for four quarters to give your tickets to.
Whatever. I've got 2 degrees from the University and attended literally 200-300 games, both home and away, since my first game in 1980. I've been a season ticket holder for 18 straight years, so I think I've earned my stripes as a fan and don't need any coaching up from you.

How many games did you attend in 1997 when we went 4-7 under DuBose? I was at Bryant-Denny every week. How about when we were 3-8 in 2000 or 4-9 in 2003? Again, I was there. Were you "on the waiting list" for season tickets back then? No, because there was no list, and they were begging people to buy season tickets then. What's pathetic and elitist is all the folks who want to jump on board now that Bama's on top of the world and criticize those of us who've been supporting the program with our dollars and our presence for decades now.

Hope to see you Saturday afternoon, and Roll Tide to you!

Last edited:

KrAzY3

Hall of Fame
Jan 18, 2006
kraizy.art
Whatever. I've got 2 degrees from the University and attended literally 200-300 games, both home and away, since my first game in 1980. I've been a season ticket holder for 18 straight years, so I think I've earned my stripes as a fan and don't need any coaching up from you.

How many games did you attend in 1997 when we went 4-7 under DuBose? I was at Bryant-Denny every week. How about when we were 3-8 in 2000 or 4-9 in 2003? Again, I was there. Were you "on the waiting list" for season tickets back then? No, because there was no list, and they were begging people to buy season tickets then. What's pathetic and elitist is all the folks who want to jump on board now that Bama's on top of the world and criticize those of us who've been supporting the program with our dollars and our presence for decades now.
I was 16 in 1997. Shortly after that I moved away from Alabama. I'm a high school drop out, I don't have any degrees. I didn't have the financial means to try to get season tickets until recently. But, every game I have attended, including A-Day, I was there for the entire game. I've never left early...

All I'm saying, and I will reiterate it, is that the team deserves to see us cheer for them four quarters against A&M, no matter what the score is! They earned it, they didn't give up against LSU and we should show them that we can provide the same atmosphere for four quarters that the LSU fans showed. I'm not even saying we should do it every game, but can't we do it just once this year? Just once, in what might be a championship season?

Honestly, I think a lot of our season ticket holders are privileged, and have become lazy and entitled. Yes, I'm glad you have given your money. Yes, I'm glad you've supported the team. But, can't we just once do it 100%? May be it takes more to stay up past ones bedtime, perhaps it takes more to withstand the cold than to donate money, but the players would really appreciate it. They deserve it, they have earned that much. They shouldn't have to struggle to get that level of support once this year, in what is the biggest home game.

sanjosecrimson

Hall of Fame
May 18, 2007
San Jose, California
Bama just finished playing 3 of the last 4 games on the road. I would expect our fans to be in full support for this great team esp. after a intense and heart wrenching win at DV. not too mention, this game with TAMU is very dangerous. but with a win, Bama stamps a ticket to Atlanta and keeps on track to the NC.

KrAzY3

Hall of Fame
Jan 18, 2006
kraizy.art
I should pick up my tickets tomorrow. They are good seats, lower level, with chairbacks. I guess I get to sit amongst the aristocratic fans.

Jessica4Bama

Hall of Fame
Nov 7, 2009
Alabama
Watch this and tell me the crowd won't be loud Saturday.

I actually know a group of those people that was in the video. I'm glad to see, however, that I wasn't the only person jumping and yelling like crazy. Awesome video. We have the best fans in the world.

CrimsonProf

Hall of Fame
Dec 30, 2006
Birmingham, Alabama
I was 16 in 1997. Shortly after that I moved away from Alabama. I'm a high school drop out, I don't have any degrees. I didn't have the financial means to try to get season tickets until recently. But, every game I have attended, including A-Day, I was there for the entire game. I've never left early...

All I'm saying, and I will reiterate it, is that the team deserves to see us cheer for them four quarters against A&M, no matter what the score is! They earned it, they didn't give up against LSU and we should show them that we can provide the same atmosphere for four quarters that the LSU fans showed. I'm not even saying we should do it every game, but can't we do it just once this year? Just once, in what might be a championship season?

Honestly, I think a lot of our season ticket holders are privileged, and have become lazy and entitled. Yes, I'm glad you have given your money. Yes, I'm glad you've supported the team. But, can't we just once do it 100%? May be it takes more to stay up past ones bedtime, perhaps it takes more to withstand the cold than to donate money, but the players would really appreciate it. They deserve it, they have earned that much. They shouldn't have to struggle to get that level of support once this year, in what is the biggest home game.
You know, in the abstract, I agree with you 100%.

On the specifics, though, you need to (I say this respectfully) chill out. Now, in my experience, Tuscaloosans are awful about attending games. I knew countless locals in my time there that simply did not bother trying to attend games unless they had season tickets or unless someone handed them freebies.

But the logistics of getting to a game in Tuscaloosa are downright terrible. If you live in a population center in Alabama, you have three options: Highway 43 from Mobile (dreadful), Highway 82 from Montgomery (almost as bad) and most people get stuck on the parking lot that is I-20/59. It is a nightmare. I respect everything our men do in practice, but I will not apologize to anyone - Coaches Bryant, Stallings and Saban included - for leaving early during a blowout on a cold autumn night. You want to criticize students? Have at it. You want to criticize Greeks? Please and thank you (though I had op-eds in the CW defending the Greek system against charges of racism, so I think I'm pretty unbiased here). Criticize the local folks who gump hard when we win but never both to scalp a $50 ticket to see us wax Western Kentucy? Yes. But I'd bet my meager paycheck that a good chunk of those who left early during the Ole Miss or MSU games were working folks without season tickets who had at least a 90 minute drive ahead of them, church on Sunday and work/school on Monday. I don't blame them for leaving early.

Again, I really do agree with you in the abstract. BDS is not a very racuous environment, and it should be. But the truth is that we just can't paint with too broad a brush here. It's really been a perfect storm this year - weak home schedule, early fall weather, blowout games. And I think student seating should be reconfigured and block seating renegotiated.

Last edited:

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.