The fans need to really show up for the Texas A&M game.

KrAzY3

Hall of Fame
Jan 18, 2006
kraizy.art
This game will be a big one, and it could be a dangerous game as well. I hope the fans really show a lot of enthusiasm and support for the team, they deserve it.

skipster63

All-SEC
Nov 5, 2010
Buchanan Dam
Well our injury situation is really starting to take its toll now with lacy, cooper, etc. a&m is catching us at a very tough time. The fanswill have to pull an a&m and have a strong 12th man.

prattvilletider

Scout Team
Feb 4, 2007
Prattville, AL.
lol, we get it man. You think every Alabama fan ever, should be at every Alabama game ever.

We'll all be sure to teleport there next week.

Will you and Larry Burton be there together?

Really, how many posts do you have to make criticizing our poor fan support? LOL

deliveryman35

Hall of Fame
Jul 26, 2003
Gadsden, AL
Coach Stallings will be pulling against us in this one. I hope we stomp AM like a yard dog and remind Gene where his bread is really buttered.

KrAzY3

Hall of Fame
Jan 18, 2006
kraizy.art
lol, we get it man. You think every Alabama fan ever, should be at every Alabama game ever.

We'll all be sure to teleport there next week.

Really, how many posts do you have to make criticizing our poor fan support? LOL
I have over 2,500 posts and how many of them were critical of Alabama, or their fans? A very small minority of them. I made more posts critical of Shula's coaching than posts I've made complaining about fan support and attendance. Having said that, I have seen areas of fan support I was unhappy with, and when someone like Saban voices those same concerns it doesn't make me feel like I'm just on my own. Larry Burton saying it as well doesn't make it an invalid point now does it (although we should applaud ourselves for running him off, surely we rid ourselves of some great evil)? Now isn't the time for country club fans. Supporting the team not only helps the team on the field, it helps recruiting. When you have recruits go to the biggest game of the year thus far, and most of them spend the latter portions inside instead of out in the crowd you know the atmosphere could have been better.

Since you read everything I say closely, I'm sure you know I live in Mobile and I'm on a waiting list for season tickets. I did make it clear to my wife to keep our schedule clear and we're going to be trying to get tickets to the A&M game.

I made this thread for two reasons. One is I was listening to Damian Square's post game comments. He had many positive things to say about LSU's fans (as I type this I'm hearing AJ talk about how great their fans were). Basically, he made it sound like they have the best fans in the country. We should take offense to that shouldn't we? But, I couldn't argue with anything he said. I was there the last time Alabama won at Baton Rouge and their atmosphere is fantastic. The thing that stuck with me was his comments about their staying and cheering for four quarters. He said it like he was familiar with fans not doing that...

Mainly though, this team deserves four quarters of cheering, ESPECIALLY if they blow out A&M! They played their heart out, the defense was stuck on the field most of the game and they gutted it out. They really, really deserve to have us go out there and show them the utmost support, for the entire game! Not walk out on them once they get a lead. They didn't walk out on us when they were behind did they?

KrAzY3

Hall of Fame
Jan 18, 2006
kraizy.art
I'm thinking it won't be a problem. Our fans will "bring it" for the Aggies!!
You know, I heard that about the Miss. State game, but it seems to me that things died down pretty fast. Yes, it was a blowout, but it's a four quarter game. A lot of big recruits were there and they should have seen a good four quarters of cheering instead of upping and leaving when a lot of fans did.

Chukker Veteran

Hall of Fame
Feb 6, 2001
I'm thinking it won't be a problem. Our fans will "bring it" for the Aggies!!

That seems obvious. The Bama fan base is one of the most knowledgeable fan bases that follow football. We can recognize huge games with everything riding on it, and we know what to do, and how to act. We won't even have to flash photos of Fran up on the bigscreen to fire everybody up.

2003TIDE

Hall of Fame
Jul 10, 2007
ATL

You got to admit it would be pretty cool to go to the game with Larry. You get to sleep at the Sabans' house the night before the game and car pool with CNS to the stadium. That's a once in a lifetime opportunity! ;-)

Al A Bama

Hall of Fame
Jun 24, 2011
This game will be a big one, and it could be a dangerous game as well. I hope the fans really show a lot of enthusiasm and support for the team, they deserve it.
The TEAM is going to need Tide fans help in this one from beginning until the end. Since I don't have a ticket, I'd better see the stadium PACKED with Crimson Tide fanatics. Be very nice to the Texas visitors before and after the game, but during the game show your unending rabid support for the Crimson Tide.

Here's hoping our OFFENSE is on the field for 40 minutes+ against the Aggies so our DEFENSE is fresh in dealing with Johnny Football. However, the Aggies do score quickly.

The Aggies OL is verrrrrry good, 2 very good running backs, a couple of very good receivers, and a QB that's hard to catch.

Here's hoping we will intercept several Johnny Football passes and return them for TD's.

JD95

All-American
Oct 18, 1999
Birmingham, AL
You know, I heard that about the Miss. State game, but it seems to me that things died down pretty fast. Yes, it was a blowout, but it's a four quarter game. A lot of big recruits were there and they should have seen a good four quarters of cheering instead of upping and leaving when a lot of fans did.
The fans did our part for the MSU game. People left in the second half because the game was not in doubt, it was 45 degrees, and it was already past everyone's bedtime. Doesn't make anyone less of a fan or suggest that we failed to do our part in any way.

CrimsonProf

Hall of Fame
Dec 30, 2006
Birmingham, Alabama
I think the crowd will be solid on Saturday - if you're concerned, though, I would suggest - seriously - to pump this up as hard as you can on talk radio, Twitter, Facebook, etc. the next five days.

KrAzY3

Hall of Fame
Jan 18, 2006
kraizy.art
The Bama fan base is one of the most knowledgeable fan bases that follow football. We can recognize huge games with everything riding on it, and we know what to do, and how to act.
I agree with you. The fans tend to step up for big games and critical moments. Anything I've had to say that was critical about them, was not how they acted for big games and big moments. My concern is more with consistency.
The fans did our part for the MSU game. People left in the second half because the game was not in doubt, it was 45 degrees, and it was already past everyone's bedtime. Doesn't make anyone less of a fan or suggest that we failed to do our part in any way.
That's funny, I could have sworn there were still Alabama players playing a game in the second half. It was cold and past their bedtime but they stayed out there and played football. If they upped and left in the second half (which, to some extent has happened in the past) things would have turned out quite different. And that is the root of what I'm getting at.

Alabama fans are smart. Alabama fans really show up for big games. Until it gets late, or until it's a blowout. Unless it's a game they consider unimportant. They have better things to do, they get cold, bla bla bla. Those are all excuses and if the players acted that way, this team would not be undefeated. I'm just saying, at least for one game the players deserve not to have that. They deserve four quarters of support from the supposed fans. Not 3 quarters, not one half. Four quarters! We won't accept Alabama players saying they were cold or had more important things to do, we should show our support the entire game for once and not just hear about it as something other fan-bases do. We send a message to our players. If they do really well, we'll walk out on them. The recruits took the cue, fans left, recruits left, and the players kept playing. There's no reason that has to happen though, short of some delicate people being out past their bedtime.

There is a ridiculousness to some fans attitudes. It's insulting, and it's elitest. The football players can give their blood and sweat, they can sacrifice and push their bodies to extremes most of us know nothing about. But we go home because we're cold. We go home because we're tired. That's pathetic. The least we can do is sit for four quarters, is that seriously too much? If it is, perhaps you should find someone that's capable of cheering for four quarters to give your tickets to.

Last edited:

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.