Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
    Suspended
    My Mood
    Festive on TideFans.com

Danielson at it again

Im done listening to the cbs broadcast. All I heard was lsu this lsu that. He actually said Bama was being dominated by lsu even though lsu at the time was down 14-3. Also stated everyone was pulling and watching for Bama to lose. Why is it every game Bama plays he has to always try to play the other team up? Just discuss what is happening and let your biased/hate go.

2. Advertisement
    Suspended
    To be fair, LSU dominated the stat lines. Reminded me of our regular season game last year.

My Mood
    BamaVictory on TideFans.com
    Because it isn't his job to cheer for Alabama . He gives us plenty of props.

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk
    Football changes and so do people. - Coach Paul "Bear" Bryant

BamaNation Hall of Fame deliveryman35's Avatar
    My Mood

Re: Danielson at it again

To be fair to Gary, practically the entire country WAS pulling for LSU in this game. It would have ended the SEC streak in the BCS title game had they won...
    "Football is a hard game. These spread coaches forget that. Until good defenses remind them." Gene Stallings

BamaNation All-American
    My Mood
    Relaxed on TideFans.com

no different from last year. even though we lost, most feel like we dominated that game. this time around, LSU could do no wrong through the air. thats the first time since the South Carolina game a couple years or so back where i felt like our defense wasnt going to make a play

BamaNation First Team bamatex82's Avatar

We were being dominated and, yes, others were wishing us to lose. He just stated the truth. What's so hard about that? We as Bama fans always pull for someone ahead of us in the polls to lose, so why would you be surprised that everybody is cheering for us to lose when we are the king of the hill right now? Everybody wants the the top dog to lose so they can have their chance. He was not stating a personal preference, just the facts.

Suspended
    My Mood
    Festive on TideFans.com

Quote Originally Posted by bamatex82 View Post
    We were being dominated and, yes, others were wishing us to lose. He just stated the truth. What's so hard about that? We as Bama fans always pull for someone ahead of us in the polls to lose, so why would you be surprised that everybody is cheering for us to lose when we are the king of the hill right now? Everybody wants the the top dog to lose so they can have their chance. He was not stating a personal preference, just the facts.
    We werent being dominated at the time, we were up 14-3. It wasnt always what he said but the tone, like he would enjoy Bama losing and was enjoying lsu winning.

anywhere BUT the pit of HELL called opelika/goobers corner.

Quote Originally Posted by Ldlane View Post
    Because it isn't his job to cheer for Alabama . He gives us plenty of props.

Incase you didnt know his job is to commentate on the game down the middle being non-biased and not kissing anyones butt who plays Bama.
    Thats called doing your job.
    Last edited by liquidvengeance; November 4th, 2012 at 01:30 AM.

My Mood
    There has never been in the history of journalism unbiased reporting. His job is build drama to get ratings.

Football changes and so do people. - Coach Paul "Bear" Bryant

BamaNation All-SEC

Danielson along with Blackledge and Herbstreit are 3 very good color commentators and I always enjoy his analysis during games. He isn't as polished as the other two guys but his analysis is usually very good.

BamaNation All-SEC

Quote Originally Posted by BFANLC View Post
    Im done listening to the cbs broadcast. All I heard was lsu this lsu that. He actually said Bama was being dominated by lsu even though lsu at the time was down 14-3. Also stated everyone was pulling and watching for Bama to lose. Why is it every game Bama plays he has to always try to play the other team up? Just discuss what is happening and let your biased/hate go.
    He is 100% correct. LSU dominated us pretty much in everything but the score. It would be a pretty boring telecast if he did not add him observations. Face it, just about EVERYONE not wearing crimson wants us to lose. No one but SEC fans want to see seven straight and I am sure most of those want BAMA to lose in the MNC.

BamaNation All-American

But did anyone besides myself, notice the defensive play of Clinton-HaHa-Dix?
    Life is short, ocassionally bend the rules, Forgive quickly, Kiss slowly, Love truly, Laugh uncontrollably, and never regret anything that made you smile.

Suspended
    My Mood
    Relaxed on TideFans.com

Quote Originally Posted by BFANLC View Post
    His stance on the terrible offensive pass interference penalty was typical for the rest of the night. When Yeldon scored it was like the air came out of him and it left him predictable speechless, because in that brief period he would not have been able to hide his anger.

I have for the most part been a defender of the CBS coverage the past four seasons, but I felt some bias last night from Danielson, not Vern. It was obvious that he was straining when speaking positively about our program, but freely and zestfully about LSU. He would compliment good Alabama strategy but went beyond that and into cheerleader with LSU.

Maybe he needs to opt out of his Finebaum segment because it's obvious that he and the fans dislike each other. If I disliked a fan-base I would root for the other team, but I don't have his job. It was apparent the he has little affection for our team and especially head coach. He attempted to cover his tracks with strategic compliments......especially the ones he predicted or endorsed.
    Last edited by CapstoneTider; November 4th, 2012 at 12:00 PM. Reason: because