Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    BamaNation All-American

Re: Danielson at it again

True on the new story lines, Capstone. Alas, they're stuck with us for at least another week. God, I'd hate to be them. (Ooops, I am them.)

2. Advertisement
    Suspended
    My Mood
    Relaxed on TideFans.com

Quote Originally Posted by CrimsonEyeshade View Post
    True on the new story lines, Capstone. Alas, they're stuck with us for at least another week. God, I'd hate to be them. (Ooops, I am them.)
    Thanks. A 2:30 kickoff on CBS is a good thing in my book. I am cranky from lack of sleep

BamaNation First Team BamaAlum97's Avatar
    I think it is at best a stretch to say the Gary/Verne were biased for LSU. I have never felt that way while watching them. I pretty much felt that we were dominated for most of the game. I really don't get why so many people hate it when they call our games. Other than getting names wrong too often, I think they do a fine job.
    Twitter: @BamaAlum97

The University of Alabama: Class of 1997
    Oklahoma State University: Class of 2005

There is a fine line between being a "die-hard" fan and just another critic!

BamaNation Hall of Fame lafella's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by BamaAlum97 View Post
    I think it is at best a stretch to say the Gary/Verne were biased for LSU. I have never felt that way while watching them. I pretty much felt that we were dominated for most of the game. I really don't get why so many people hate it when they call our games. Other than getting names wrong too often, I think they do a fine job.
    Because Mandell was kicking for LSU, LSU tried for a fake punt, LSU was getting the ball back to start the second half, that's just a few from last night. I can't stand them because they are inept.
    Hey Daddy why doesn't Auburn have a number beside their name? 5 year old son during the iron bowl.

BamaNation Second Team Crimson Draw's Avatar

I had the game muted for most of the second half. The game was irritating enough without listening to Danielson. Until the end, at least.

Quote Originally Posted by lafella View Post
    Because Mandell was kicking for LSU, LSU tried for a fake punt, LSU was getting the ball back to start the second half, that's just a few from last night. I can't stand them because they are inept.
    Did any of that confuse you and have you believing that Cody was traded mid-game? Or perhaps what you thought was a fake field goal was really a fake punt? I apologize for the sarcasm, but maybe he forgot who was getting the ball to start the half...so did my wife, I corrected her and moved on. It did not impact my enjoyment of the game on any level.

I don't rely on any commentator for my enjoyment of the game. Just some occasional analysis of key plays, which I think Gary does a very good job at.

BamaNation Hall of Fame BamaJeff's Avatar
    My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

Quote Originally Posted by BamaAlum97 View Post
    It seems we have a lot of fans obsessed with them. I think some our fans actually look forward to keeping track of all the times Verne gets a name wrong or how often Gary has the nerve to give the other team credit for something. They are not my favs by any stretch but I've heard much worse.
    Last edited by BamaJeff; November 4th, 2012 at 02:57 PM.
    ROLL TIDE ROLL

Quote Originally Posted by BamaJeff View Post
    They are not my favs by any stretch but I've heard much worse.
    We can always play in the 11:00am ESPNU time slot....great commentators for those games!

BamaNation All-SEC

I got no problem with Danielson or anything he said last night.
    ROLL TIDE ROLL!

Suspended

Props to all of you being fair and impartial hear - Verne and Gary got annoying with the constant talk about last year's game, but otherwise - they followed the narrative of the game. That's their job.

BamaNation Hall of Fame GreatDanish's Avatar

Danielson was bad his first year or two, but he has gotten much much better. In terms of actually analyzing the game, I really think he is about as good as there is.

IIRC, back in the 09 UT game, early in the game, he commented about how low the UT kicker was kicking and said that might bite them later in the game. Sure enough, Cody blocks two fgs on the way to victory.

What made me laugh was Verne saying, "there's a flag!" Gary: "I think that was just a little premature confetti."

BamaNation All-American Relayer's Avatar

I think Danielson does a fine job. I don't hear any real bias in his commentary. Actually, I think he likes Bama.

When you play poorly, he's going to say so, though. I have no problem with that.

BamaNation First Team

everybody in the country was pulling for us to lose last night. Most people cannot stand to see the SEC constanly winning BCS's. If we can get by A&m next week we should be on our way to Miami. I hope we are not to beat up after last night to get out and whip A&M and Johny football.