Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    BamaNation All-American TheRealPokeChop's Avatar
    My Mood
    Aggressive on TideFans.com

Re: Danielson at it again

Gary and Verne are just annoying, Anyone watch scrubs? they are the real life version of Ted, the lawyer. No matter what they try to do they are just unlikeable. Maybe its the constant flubs of names or facts or stats, maybe is the churtle, maybe its that Gary CANNOT help but linger on the negative and sounds like he's whining bout everything They are too universally hated for it to just e irrational fans. I agree its time to hand them both pink slips but not sure if it's realistic.
    Serve no master but your own ambition.

2. Advertisement

I actually thought Danielson gushed too much about Bama in first half. He seems impartial to me but admit I like the radio announcers. I certainly think Lsu was worthy of any accolades in that game last night. If they play with that much passion not many teams can hang with them.

I actually thought they were fine. I was surprised the honey badger wasn't mentioned. Yes, they make mistakes, but I just laugh it off.
    Roll Tide

BamaNation All-American bamabelle1991's Avatar
    My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

Quote Originally Posted by TideMom2Boys View Post
    I actually thought they were fine. I was surprised the honey badger wasn't mentioned. Yes, they make mistakes, but I just laugh it off.
    No mention of Honey Badger or Tea Bagging! I'd say it was a good night!

Listen closely right as Yeldon crosses the goal line. There's a possible hidden reaction from someone, If that's Gary, I take everything back

BamaNation Hall of Fame selmaborntidefan's Avatar
    My Mood
    Bookworm on TideFans.com

Hey they weren't too bad. They managed to reference Mark Ingram three times without mentioning his Dad.

I watched again today and thought it was fine. Who cares if we weren't playing in Death Stadium, Nick Saban labored there four years (five), Alfred Belue started the season as the starter, Danielson said it was a big win for LSU, they crossed the 50, said at 6:45 of the first qtr - LSU has dominated so far (both), said that last year Wing's punt bottled up LSU (why then is he still their punter?), said Ingram & Richardson were there in the last six years (four) or that tHey didn't even notice the flag on Copeland.

These were minor bits, funny, but most of us would do the same.

And btw - Danielson DID mention Tebow twice when referencing the last loss of LSU at home. Plus another time when he was listing the SEC teams that beat us by passing an average of 20 times a game.

I kinda like them, much better than Musberger though Herbie is ok. When two guys are universally disparaged by every team as favoring the opponent - that actually means they are VERY objective.
    :13

BamaNation Hall of Fame GrayTide's Avatar

I know this will draw fire, but Tim Brando did a good job calling the UGA/Ole Miss game. I like him better doing that than hosting the CBS game show. Maybe he will takeover for Verne if he ever retires.
    "My momma always said you got to put the past behind you before you can move on." Forrest Gump

"The past is never dead. It's not even past." William Faulkner

BamaNation Hall of Fame selmaborntidefan's Avatar
    My Mood
    Bookworm on TideFans.com

Quote Originally Posted by GrayTide View Post
    I know this will draw fire, but Tim Brando did a good job calling the UGA/Ole Miss game. I like him better doing that than hosting the CBS game show. Maybe he will takeover for Verne if he ever retires.
    No he won't, because 100,00 Tide fans in BDS will trample each other pouring gasoline on the press box and lighting a match.
    :13

BamaNation First Team BamaAlum97's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by GrayTide View Post
    I am a fan of Brando as well. A lot of people dis-like him because he was always pushing his "Fly in the Ointment" to break up the BCS. That was more about him being anti-BCS than anti-Bama.
    Twitter: @BamaAlum97

The University of Alabama: Class of 1997
    Oklahoma State University: Class of 2005

There is a fine line between being a "die-hard" fan and just another critic!

BamaNation All-American TheRealPokeChop's Avatar
    My Mood
    Aggressive on TideFans.com

Quote Originally Posted by BamaAlum97 View Post
    I am a fan of Brando as well. A lot of people dis-like him because he was always pushing his "Fly in the Ointment" to break up the BCS. That was more about him being anti-BCS than anti-Bama.
    no its about him being a jerk. Brando sucks at life and everything else. CBS needs a cleansing of its College football "team". Not to mention they are all trolls that make me want to change the channel instead of look at those CHUDS talk about football.
    Serve no master but your own ambition.

BamaNation Hall of Fame TommyMac's Avatar
    My Mood
    Happy on TideFans.com

Gary's job is being the color guy for CBS, not being a Bama cheerleader.

I have no problem with him telling it like it is.
    "I'm just a simple plowhand from Arkansas, but I've learned over the years how to hold a team together, how to lift some men up, how to calm others down, until finally they've got one heartbeat, together, a team."

Coach Bryant

Quote Originally Posted by TommyMac View Post
    Gary's job is being the color guy for CBS, not being a Bama cheerleader.

I have no problem with him telling it like it is.
    As usual, John Wayne would agree with you.

Your opinion of "Telling it like it is" doesn't apply to Paul Finebaum?

Quote Originally Posted by BamaAlum97 View Post
    Did any of that confuse you and have you believing that Cody was traded mid-game? Or perhaps what you thought was a fake field goal was really a fake punt? I apologize for the sarcasm, but maybe he forgot who was getting the ball to start the half...so did my wife, I corrected her and moved on. It did not impact my enjoyment of the game on any level.

I don't rely on any commentator for my enjoyment of the game. Just some occasional analysis of key plays, which I think Gary does a very good job at.
    It is not un reasonable to expect these well-paid Divas to get the basics right