Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Name that play

BamaNation All-American

Name that play

It might be hard, I know this one is a doozy. Remember, you have to hear it in Eli's voice.

Yeldon the running back, Norwood in motion
    AJ gets the snap, pressure!
    Screen, Yeldon!
    30, 25...
    *Color guy* "Make a man miss..."
    "He's gonna go! He's gonna go! He's gonna go!"
    "Touchdown. T. J. Yeldon!"

A little hint below, but no cheating!

Honey Badger can take what the Tide gives him and like it.

2. Advertisement
    My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

Re: Name that play

I gave kudos to several unheralded heroes in another thread, but watching this video again, I just remembered some things that I failed to mention in my excitement.

1. Yeldon's pass protection on 2 of the previous 3 plays before his TD catch was phenomenal. Not often that you ask that of a true freshman. But he made it happen. Great, great stuff.

2. On the game winning TD, the WR blocking out to the left (was in Christion Jones? Norwood?) did a GREAT job of sealing off that CB, who would have,no doubt, made the play or at least affected Yeldon enough to get stopped. Just a great all around team effort on that last drive. I'm proud to be an Alabama man this morning.

3. Craig Loston was on the wrong end of a "Daniel Moore" type moment. The move that Yeldon put on him to break him down in the open field is the stuff that keeps the epsom salt companies in business. Actually had that happen to me and it felt like my hip popped out of socket.
    Last edited by WMack4Bama; November 4th, 2012 at 11:11 AM.
    "I didn't come to Alabama to win 10 games a year and be a contender. I came here to win championships. Conference championships and national championships. I love it here because that's just not what I want, but what this fanbase expects."
    --Alabama Head Football Coach, Nick Saban

“Everyone is a genius. But if you judge a fish on it’s ability to climb a tree, it will spend it’s whole life believing it is stupid.” — Albert Einstein

AJ to TJ

BamaNation All-American NationalTitles15's Avatar
    My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

"The Dream Lives On"
    Roll Tide Roll!!!

My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

Bayou Backbreaker

BamaNation First Team saraelizabethua's Avatar
    My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

Rally in Death Valley

BamaNation Hall of Fame JBama_in_PCOLA's Avatar
    Andalusia, Alabama via Pensacola, Florida United States
    My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com
    The Death Drive!!

9. November 4th, 2012, 04:27 PM

Reason
    No profanity.

BamaNation Hall of Fame TideMom2Boys's Avatar
    My Mood
    BamaVictory on TideFans.com

here is the video synced with Eli.
    Roll Tide

My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

First, "The Drive" in '09. Now this one. Total team effort. Great OL play. Fantastic QB play. Clutch plays by Norwood. Super play calling. And to do this after being flat the whole 2nd half. Trying my best to be objective, but this just might be the best gut-check series of plays I've ever seen in college football. Roll Tide, indeed.
    "Bryant can take his'n and beat your'n, and then he can turn around and take your'n and beat his'n." -- Houston Oiler head coach Bum Phillips, a former player under Coach Bryant

BamaNation Second Team CaptainTide's Avatar
    My Mood

Quote Originally Posted by TideMom2Boys View Post

here is the video synced with Eli.
    Thanks for posting that! I really, really, wish I could somehow get a hold of full games with the radio audio.

BamaNation Hall of Fame TideMom2Boys's Avatar
    My Mood

Quote Originally Posted by CaptainTide View Post
    Thanks for posting that! I really, really, wish I could somehow get a hold of full games with the radio audio.

I know it would be great. I was able to listen to the game on the way to church this morning. That last quarter was amazing, Eli did a historic call of the game.
    Roll Tide

BamaNation Hall of Fame selmaborntidefan's Avatar
    My Mood

The Tiger Baited
    I'll always look back as I walk away
    This memory will last for eternity
    And all of our tears will be lost in the rain
    Til I find my way back to your arms again

Only a few people in the world have the ability to remember everything. I'm one of them. Pick any day of my life, and I can tell you what I saw or heard.

BamaNation All-American Relayer's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by WMack4Bama View Post
    I gave kudos to several unheralded heroes in another thread, but watching this video again, I just remembered some things that I failed to mention in my excitement.

1. Yeldon's pass protection on 2 of the previous 3 plays before his TD catch was phenomenal. Not often that you ask that of a true freshman. But he made it happen. Great, great stuff.

2. On the game winning TD, the WR blocking out to the left (was in Christion Jones? Norwood?) did a GREAT job of sealing off that CB, who would have,no doubt, made the play or at least affected Yeldon enough to get stopped. Just a great all around team effort on that last drive. I'm proud to be an Alabama man this morning.

3. Craig Loston was on the wrong end of a "Daniel Moore" type moment. The move that Yeldon put on him to break him down in the open field is the stuff that keeps the epsom salt companies in business. Actually had that happen to me and it felt like my hip popped out of socket.
    Yep, and one more I'd like to add that sticks out to me - Warmack on the screen pass... Pushes LB Minter back then gets out to his spot and gets in the way of Minter and prevents him from being able to get to Yeldon.