Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like
    My Mood
    Relaxed on TideFans.com

Big A Latest Bama News 10/4/12

This is Where the football season never ends! Bama News first, and foremost,
    interesting SEC news, and salient football news:

Listen to Eli Gold's call of the final play of Alabama's victory in Death Valley (audio)-al.com

We Won!

2. Advertisement
    Post Thanks / Like
    My Mood
    Relaxed on TideFans.com

Re: Latest Bama News 10/4/12

HURT: LSU humanizes UA-TideSports
    by Cecil Hurt
    The University of Alabama's football team has often been referred to as a "machine" this season. LSU showed they weren't, and to win, UA had to show it was more.

Post Thanks / Like
    My Mood
    Relaxed on TideFans.com

Big A Re: Latest Bama News 10/4/12

They’d just clinched at least a tie for the SEC West title. They’d just survived the best team and the most suffocating environment on their schedule. They’d just walked out of a place where other teams’ dreams go to die, to borrow a phrase Miles used after laying Spurrier and South Carolina to rest.Alabama saw its dream’s life flash before its eyes, but look at Saban and company now. Their dream’s heart was beating awfully fast on Saturday night in Death Valley, but come the morning, it’ll still be beating.

Scarbinsky: For Alabama, one comeback at LSU beats eight beatdowns-al.com

Post Thanks / Like
    My Mood
    Relaxed on TideFans.com

This is my column for today's print editions. With a late game undecided until the final minute, I didn't get to express all the thoughts I wanted. I wrote it during the fourth quarter, inserting some of the details I wanted after the winning touchdown. Also, I had to write a different column, in case that comeback hadn't worked and Alabama lost. I don't think I'm going to let you see that one.

Opinion: No. 1 Bama handles LSU’s shot to the jaw-Daily Bama Blog

Post Thanks / Like
    My Mood
    Relaxed on TideFans.com

His square jaw was set, his words spit through the teeth with force. Moments earlier, LSU coach Les Miles had watched No. 1 Alabama snatch away what seemed like a certain -- or at least, highly probable --Tiger victory out of the Death Valley night. But...
    We won.

Plenty of regrets for LSU in 21-17 loss to Alabama-al.com

Post Thanks / Like
    My Mood
    Relaxed on TideFans.com

Post Thanks / Like
    My Mood
    Relaxed on TideFans.com

"Our players have to be aware that they can take this one way or the other," Saban said. "This one is either going to affect them in a positive way or a negative way with what they do in the future. They can focus on the things they didn't do and take the next challenge and continue to improve and be ready to play next week and prepare and practice next week or they can say, 'We're satisfied for ourselves with what we did.'"
    McCarron Miracle: No. 1 Alabama stuns No. 5 LSU, 21-17, after AJ McCarron drives the Tide to victory | al.com

Post Thanks / Like
    My Mood
    Relaxed on TideFans.com

"I just looked at everybody on the sideline," Alabama quarterback AJ McCarron said. "We got down for a minute, but we pulled it together. I told them, 'We do it every Thursday in practice. It doesn't matter how many people are in the stands. The field is still 100 yards long, and we have to go put it in the end zone.'"
    Schlabach: McCarron saves best for last - SEC Blog - ESPN

Post Thanks / Like
    My Mood
    Relaxed on TideFans.com

AJ McCarron, QB, Alabama: He certainly didn't have his best game -- until the very end. After completing just 1 of 7 second-half passes before the Tide's final drive against LSU, McCarron stepped up and showed some mettle by hitting four of his final five pass attempts, including a 28-yard screen pass to running back T.J. Yeldon that delivered the 21-17 victory. McCarron stood tall on the biggest drive of his career and kept the Tide on its path to not just the SEC title but the national title.
    SEC helmet stickers: Week 10 - SEC Blog - ESPN

Post Thanks / Like
    My Mood
    Relaxed on TideFans.com

It's still Alabama's world: The Crimson Tide went right down to the wire with fifth-ranked LSU. Alabama was outplayed for most of the game, but when Alabama needed a game-winning drive, AJ McCarron delievered, connecting on 4 of 5 passes for 72 yards and the decisive 28-yard touchdown on a screen pass. Now, the rest of the nation has to continue looking up at the Tide. If LSU had won, the SEC's BCS world might have been turned upside down, but now Oregon, Kansas State and Notre Dame are all jockeying for position to play Alabama (if the Tide can continue their winning ways). Alabama controls its own destiny to not only on the path to the SEC title game but also the Discover BCS National Championship in Miami.
    What we learned in the SEC: Week 10 - SEC Blog - ESPN

Post Thanks / Like
    My Mood
    Relaxed on TideFans.com

"They're a good team, don't get me wrong," Logan said. "But to go against a team that everybody is comparing to, you know, an NFL team ... we dominated them from snap to snap. There was just that one play that cost us."
    LSU Tigers come up empty against Alabama Crimson Tide - ESPN

Post Thanks / Like
    My Mood
    Relaxed on TideFans.com

"We knew a game like this was coming somewhere along the way, and we were going to be ready for it," Alabama senior safety Robert Lester said. "We pride ourselves on being ready for any situation, and tonight we created another part of our identity. "We showed the world that we can overcome hard situations."
    Alabama shows its mettle in crunch time - SEC Blog - ESPN

Post Thanks / Like
    My Mood
    Relaxed on TideFans.com

"It was a surreal feeling watching [Yeldon]," Jones said. "I was looking around for a flag. I didn't want to go crazy before I knew it was for real." Alabama fans are probably still pinching themselves, after watching their team nearly lose for the first time this season. Instead, the Crimson Tide will remain No. 1 in the BCS standings and on track to play for their third BCS national championship in four seasons in Miami on Jan. 7. Jones said the normally stoic Saban was even beside himself after the victory, giving players big bear hugs in the locker room afterward. "I've never seen him so happy," Jones said. "He gave me a big hug. I think it was special for him. It was cool."
    AJ McCarron came up big for Alabama Crimson Tide -- college football - ESPN