Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

Big A Re: Latest Bama News 10/4/12

All the numbers but the 21-17 final score seemed to favor the Tigers. LSU outgained Bama 435-331 — and lost. LSU got 107 yards rushing from Jeremy Hill — the Tigers were 31-2 under Miles coming in with a back rushing for 100 yards — and lost. LSU held a stunning 39:15 to 20:45 edge in time of possession — and lost. Zach Mettenberger, who everyone said needed to play the game of his young LSU career for the Tigers to have a chance, did exactly that. He stood his ground against Nick Saban’s multi-planed blitzes and delivered 298 yards on 24 of 35 passing, one touchdown and no interceptions — and lost. Speaking of turnovers, Bama had two and LSU had none — and lost. And, finally, LSU went 10 of 20 on third down to Alabama’s 1 of 9, a team forcing opponents into three-and-outs nearly 50 percent of the time — and lost.
    Rabalais: On this night, LSU fought hard | LSU | The Advocate — Baton Rouge, LA

2. Advertisement
    My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

Re: Latest Bama News 10/4/12

Zach Mettenberger inherited the job of starting quarterback at LSU with great fan fare, billed as an upgrade from the Jordan Jefferson-Jarrett Lee combo that led the Tigers to the BCS title game last season. Just in time for the Alabama game, Mettenberger seemingly arrived. The junior quarterback connected on 24 of 35 passes for 298 yards and a touchdown, outdueling dark horse Heisman Trophy hopeful A.J. McCarron and nearly leading the fifth-ranked Tigers to an upset of No. 1 Alabama. A late touchdown gave the Crimson Tide a 21-17 lead to keep alive Alabama’s hopes of a repeat national championship. "As well as I played, I would’ve traded three interceptions for the win tonight," Mettenberger said

Mettenberger comes of age | LSU | The Advocate — Baton Rouge, LA

My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

"I'm proud of my team," Miles said. "I loved how they fought. I wish I had a couple of my calls back, just so you know. "Obviously, when they don't work, you'd always like to have them back." While message boards and the LSU postgame radio show crackled with criticism skewering Miles, his players had a different viewpoint. "He made those calls and we were behind him 100 percent," senior lineman Josh Dworaczyk said. "We work on those things and we tell him we want to run them. "Coach Miles save us everything he had and left it out there on the field just like we did. That's what he wanted out of us and that's what he got out of himself."
    Fortunes reversed: LSU left with sick, empty feeling after 21-17 loss to Alabama | NOLA.com

My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

No. 1-ranked Alabama broke LSU's heart for the second consecutive meeting but in an entirely different fashion. Instead of squeezing it slowly for four quarters, the Tide ripped it out of the Tigers' collective chest, taking with it what looked like a stunning LSU upset Saturday night before a record paid crowd of 93,374 in Tiger Stadium. AJ McCarron's 28-yard screen pass for a touchdown to T.J. Yeldon with 51 seconds remaining rescued the struggling Tide for a 21-17 victory that will be as hard to forget as the 21-0 crush job in last season's BCS title game. "Our football team came in here to play to win," LSU Coach Les Miles said afterward. "We went after it, and thought we played extremely hard. There are some sick guys back there."
    LSU Tigers lose in heartbreaking fashion to Alabama, 21-17 | NOLA.com

My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

Tide had 10 tackles behind the line of scrimmage and allowed only one sack-al.com

Just heard on ESPN U "College Football Final" "you know who suggested the winning play? Barrett Jones."

Check back later for more, gotta eat breakfast!

My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

In case you are enjoying that extra hour of sleep this morning savoring the end of daylight savings time, this might be your first glimpse at the sports page. Alabama fans in particular might want to hunt down a copy of today's newspaper after....

'New Life in Death Valley' was the headline in The Birmingham News (pages)-al.com)

My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com