Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast
    My thoughts are that LSU had 2 weeks to prepare for the game. They also had motivation on their ring fingers stating that they lost to us in the nc game. The game w/ LSU has always been heat back to when Coach Saban was at LSU and a LSU fan posted the fake post game speech about Bama's team being a bunch of cheaters. It is a rivalry game and emotions run high

Sent from my EVO using Tapatalk 2
    "Well Eli, Smokey just came out of the tunnel, and he is about 100 yds away from me now, and if I had my deer rifle I believe I could drop him, back to you Eli" - Jerry Duncan

Spurrier talking about a fire at Auburn that burned about half of the student athelte's books -"most of those books hadn't even been colored in yet."

2. Advertisement
    BamaNation All-American cuda.1973's Avatar
    My Mood
    Sick on TideFans.com

Re: Did LSU expose Bama weaknesses or just surprised with how well Mettenburger playe

Read somewhere on ESPN that "privately" we were concerned about our secondary. That might be a bit exaggerated, but this isn't last year's secondary, so in comparison, we might have been concerned.

The best way to counter that is to not go 1 for 9, on 3rd down conversions. And making the defense stay on the field for almost 40 minutes. (Translation: aTm, can you stop the run?)
    "As slowly turns the grinding wheel
    In the court of the crimson king."

Re: Did LSU expose Bama weaknesses or just surprised with how well Mettenburger playe

LSU didn't really expose, this is just the Mettenberger that everybody has been waiting to see. Sometimes I was kinda like "Why are we blitzing on 3rd down?" but its all good.

BamaNation Hall of Fame selmaborntidefan's Avatar
    My Mood
    Depressed on TideFans.com

Don't read too much into one game. Nearly every team that has beaten the Barn this year did it by more than the safety LSU won by.

1) They've had ten months to be angry and think about it.

2) They had an off week.

3) Tiger Stadium is one touch place to play.

4) We have played so many good games we were due for a bad one.

5) We needed this to show we are not like old Big Eight bullies who looked tough punching in 80 points against also rans but couldn't play when challenged (1983 Nebraska, 2003 Oklahoma)

6) Games multiply the toll.

7) Zach never got planted by the D - if he had then it would have been interesting.

8) We caused our own turnovers - they didn't.

9) Few O lines are as good as us - LSU is close.
    I'll always look back as I walk away
    This memory will last for eternity
    And all of our tears will be lost in the rain
    Til I find my way back to your arms again
    But until that day you know you are
    The queen of my heart

lsu played the game of their life. thank goodness they have les miles coaching. major mistakes in his coaching. the fake punt, the on side kick. fourth down plays. during the game i noticed mattenberger, passing 90 % of the time to his right side. he connected 75 % no matter what defense we had. he never went to his left side, or much over the middle. he had plenty of time in passing situations. we also blitzed primarily from his left side, or blind side. rarely worked. their running game was strong because of the big full back at 270 pounds leading the play and knocking our linebackers out of the play. very strong game plan. our defensive secondary was as bad as i have seen all year. i guess this really was the first test for our guys. i think a@m will be just as tough.

If allowing 14 points on the road to one of the best programs in the country is "exposed", I'll take it.

BamaNation Hall of Fame TexasBama's Avatar

We were gashed up the middle the first part of the game but something changed because after JW was blowing the center up. Maybe he just got mad

BamaNation First Team Stonewall1959's Avatar
    My Mood
    Festive on TideFans.com

Quote Originally Posted by 257WBY View Post
    If allowing 14 points on the road to one of the best programs in the country is "exposed", I'll take it.
    Agree. How different would that game have been, though, had Bama not fumbled going into the end zone? Bama would have been up 21-3 and playing in a quiet Death Valley.

I believe the two weapons everyone wrote about were both banged up. Any golfer knows that an ailing back can hurt your accuracy, and I think that was the case. The play calling also gave me the impression that they were taking it easy on AJ.

BamaNation All-American EscaTider's Avatar

One thing we should never forget, but we often do is that Bama ALWAYS gets the other teams best shot. Our schedule is full of 12 teams year in and year out whose season is made by beating Bama. Last night was no exception. LSU put everything they had into this game- everything. Onsides kick, fake field goal, and you could tell they spent the last two weeks working on getting the ball out in a hurry. No doubt they worked on their timing with those quick throws.

When you get a team that can match you athlete for athlete that also has the extra motivation (not to mention the extra week and the night game in Death Valley), and yet you're still able to walk out of there with a win, I think it speaks volumes about the heart and character of your team.

BamaNation All-American AlexanderFan's Avatar
    My Mood
    Talkative on TideFans.com
    Anyone who saw the catches made over Belue would understand that it was the perfect game by LSU. Inches were all that seperated completions from incompletions, literally. Missed tackles, a botched handoff, and a muffed punt are more than enough to turn a victory into defeat. We just made one more play than they did.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2
    "It's not luck, it's random bursts of talent." - Gage Robinson

I think the only "exposed" part is something that was actually exposed with Western Kentucky. The soft part of our defense is across the middle. Quick slants kill us IF the QB is accurate enough to place perfect passes. My hat goes off to Mettenburger. The corner route he threw for the last touchdown and the sideline pattern to Beckham in the 4th qtr were absolute perfect throws. I was amazed that when we pressured, we could not get to him most of the time. If you send 6 or 7 guys, somebody is gonna be open if you don't get there. LSU's offensive line outplayed my expectations. I expected this to be a good game, but I didn't expect them to be able to punch us in the mouth as often as they did. This was a game for the ages. I'm glad we won, but if LSU would have won, I would definately say that they deserved it. But you can't underestimate the heart of a champion.

BamaNation All-American cuda.1973's Avatar
    My Mood
    Sick on TideFans.com

I believe the two weapons everyone wrote about were both banged up. Any golfer knows that an ailing back can hurt your accuracy, and I think that was the case. The play calling also gave me the impression that they were taking it easy on AJ.

That was my impression. AJ was off just enough, to not make completions. Didn't see anything LSWho was doing that would cause that. I just hope he rests this week, and we run the ball 80% of the time, against aTm.
    Last edited by cuda.1973; November 4th, 2012 at 11:04 AM. Reason: added quote
    "As slowly turns the grinding wheel
    In the court of the crimson king."