Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Suspended
    My Mood
    Relaxed on TideFans.com

Re: Can D.J. Fluker get some love?

Quote Originally Posted by lafella View Post
    He played great tonight! As did Old Faithful Norwood he has some of his biggest catches in some the biggest games!
    Norwood definitely has something to show the grandchildren someday. He was brilliant in the clutch, especially the 3rd catch. You really get to see the best of the best in games like that. Norwood will be viewed as a special player with me from here on out.

2. Advertisement
    BamaNation All-American BamaHoosier's Avatar
    My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

I think our entire O-Line deserves major credit. They've been maligned many times as being terrible pass blockers, but they took on the best defensive front 7 in football, and allowed nothing but coverage sacks. Between CyKo shoring down the blind side, BJ with his heads up call suggesting the screen pass on the last play, and our guards opening up holes in the middle for Lacy and Yeldon, I would say that our entire O-Line is the unsung heroes of the game.

BamaNation All-American

Quote Originally Posted by Mystical View Post
    Fluker played lights out last night. All week long they were saying that LSU had the advantage there. I don't believe Fluker got beat even once and he showed the nastiness that I liked as well. If we are lucky he will come back for one more year.
    I wish he would return, but I don't see it happening. I think that young man is ready to start making some bucks on the next level.

BamaNation Second Team bamadws56's Avatar

This is the second time in a row the DJ has dominated Mingo. Mr. Fluker seems to play his best in the tough games. He is really one of my favorites because of his attitude and intensity. I also noticed he is becoming one of the nastier o-line men. Good for him!

BamaNation All-SEC bamagradinATL's Avatar
    My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

Fluker played a great game last night. I thought he was gonna get flagged for the push on the LSU player after the batted pass, but he didn't.

BamaNation Hall of Fame
    My Mood
    Mellow on TideFans.com

I have watched him in several games, literally jumping up and down pre-huddle, after a play, and this has happened several times, and not at the beginning of the games, either. He wants another championship.

Quote Originally Posted by bamachile View Post
    Good call. This was a game against top competition, and Fluke held his ground. He'll be back for another year (my guess); he needs the year to help his draft status.
    This was discussed a couple of days ago. He has a family to support and needs the money, so he's gone. Also, Rasputin has read that he'll go late 1st round to early 2nd round this year. In that instance, it doesn't make sense to stay an risk injury...
    "The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. - Ellen Parr"

'If today were the last day of my life, would I want to do what I am about to do today?' - Steve Jobs

I would rather live my life as if there is a god and die to find out there isn't, than live my life as if there isn't and die to find out there is. Albert Camus

BamaNation All-SEC

Great game by Fluker. I feel much better about going against Jarvis Jones in the SECCG.

BamaNation All-American bamabelle1991's Avatar
    My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

DJ and the rest of the O Line had a GREAT game! So proud to be a Bama fan!

BamaNation Hall of Fame Chukker Veteran's Avatar
    My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

Fluker's great, I remember photos of him when he was coming in, standing with his old teammates. He looked like a giant. He's been fun to watch play and improve.

Sometimes I'll let my mind wander...I bet if we knew how much food he eats every day we'd be amazed, it must take a lot to keep him going.

BamaNation All-American TIDEnGA's Avatar
    My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

I'm so proud of DJ! I gave him a huge hug on the flight home last nt.

BamaNation All-American TheRealPokeChop's Avatar
    My Mood
    Aggressive on TideFans.com

He was bascially flawless last night against big time ends. He hulked up as needed. Oh and watching him blow that guy up after the swatted down pass was AWESOME
    Serve no master but your own ambition.

BamaNation All-American
    My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

Quote Originally Posted by TheRealPokeChop View Post
    He was bascially flawless last night against big time ends. He hulked up as needed. Oh and watching him blow that guy up after the swatted down pass was AWESOME
    I saw some LSU fans saying it was a late hit. In my mind he didn't know where the ball was and was trying to prevent the pick.