Can D.J. Fluker get some love?

Mystical

All-American
Sep 28, 2009
Fairhope, Alabama
Fluker played lights out last night. All week long they were saying that LSU had the advantage there. I don't believe Fluker got beat even once and he showed the nastiness that I liked as well. If we are lucky he will come back for one more year.

92tide

TideFans Legend
May 9, 2000
East Point, Ga, USA
Fluker played lights out last night. All week long they were saying that LSU had the advantage there. I don't believe Fluker got beat even once and he showed the nastiness that I liked as well. If we are lucky he will come back for one more year.
he is starting to show a nasty side.

bamachile

Hall of Fame
Jul 27, 2007
Oakdale, Louisiana
Good call. This was a game against top competition, and Fluke held his ground. He'll be back for another year (my guess); he needs the year to help his draft status.

MattinBama

Hall of Fame
Jul 31, 2007
He and the rest of the offensive line played great, they really stepped up with AJ being dinged up for this game. I was expecting he would get roughed up a good bit more in this game than he did.

DocCrimson

All-SEC
Jan 3, 2010
East TN
From what others have been saying, it sounds like he's gone after this year due to his personal situation. He played wonderfully last night, which is great for him, but I doubt it makes a stronger case for him to stay another year.

TiderJack

Hall of Fame
Jul 9, 2010
Inverness, AL
Great game by DJ and the entire O-line. AJ did not get a lot pressure or get hit much and the RB's had big lanes to run through.

bamabryan

Hall of Fame
Jan 1, 2006
Alabaster, AL.
DJ and the o-line played a great game. I was VERY concerned about LSU's defensive line more specifically the speed of their defensive linemen. My fear was AJ getting knocked around. DJ was the offensive lineman that concerned me the most. He really played a great game last night. I was very impressed.

CapstoneTider

Suspended
Dec 6, 2000
He did a great job. I noticed the coaches double the hatches a few times. Pass protection is what is going to determine how high DJ goes in the draft. He has the potential to be a a star in the NFL.

RollTide1224

All-American
Feb 18, 2008
Spartanburg, SC
DJ played really well against tough competition. He seems to be an incredibly motivated young man if you follow him on twitter. He plays with serious intensity, I always seem him driving guys back til the whistle is blown. One of my favorite players because of his size and the way he plays.

CapstoneTider

Suspended
Dec 6, 2000
He played great tonight! As did Old Faithful Norwood he has some of his biggest catches in some the biggest games!
Norwood definitely has something to show the grandchildren someday. He was brilliant in the clutch, especially the 3rd catch. You really get to see the best of the best in games like that. Norwood will be viewed as a special player with me from here on out.

BamaHoosier

All-American
Jan 17, 2011
Noblesville Indiana
I think our entire O-Line deserves major credit. They've been maligned many times as being terrible pass blockers, but they took on the best defensive front 7 in football, and allowed nothing but coverage sacks. Between CyKo shoring down the blind side, BJ with his heads up call suggesting the screen pass on the last play, and our guards opening up holes in the middle for Lacy and Yeldon, I would say that our entire O-Line is the unsung heroes of the game.

teamplayer

Hall of Fame
Jul 31, 2001
cullman, al, usa
I wish he would return, but I don't see it happening. I think that young man is ready to start making some bucks on the next level.

bamadws56

All-SEC
Sep 24, 2005
Fort Benning, GA
This is the second time in a row the DJ has dominated Mingo. Mr. Fluker seems to play his best in the tough games. He is really one of my favorites because of his attitude and intensity. I also noticed he is becoming one of the nastier o-line men. Good for him!

bamagradinATL

All-American
Sep 12, 2006
McKinney, TX
Fluker played a great game last night. I thought he was gonna get flagged for the push on the LSU player after the batted pass, but he didn't.

twofbyc

Hall of Fame
Oct 14, 2009
I have watched him in several games, literally jumping up and down pre-huddle, after a play, and this has happened several times, and not at the beginning of the games, either. He wants another championship.

TIDE-HSV

Senior Administrator
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
Huntsville, AL,USA
Good call. This was a game against top competition, and Fluke held his ground. He'll be back for another year (my guess); he needs the year to help his draft status.
This was discussed a couple of days ago. He has a family to support and needs the money, so he's gone. Also, Rasputin has read that he'll go late 1st round to early 2nd round this year. In that instance, it doesn't make sense to stay an risk injury...

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.