Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    BamaNation Hall of Fame JBama_in_PCOLA's Avatar
    Andalusia, Alabama via Pensacola, Florida United States
    Post Thanks / Like
    My Mood
    HaHa on TideFans.com

TJ Yeldon is a pleasant surprise

It is very hard for me to swallow, but he may be better than Mark and Trent. I'm still cautious, but you wouldn't think he was a true freshman after the way he's been playing. More yards and touchdown than the both of them and may double them up, together, before the season is out. My good friend who works for WSFA in Montgomery called me and said that we got a steal because he showed out in Crampton Bowl. Fumble aside, though not really his fault and I believe he runs that in, the dude is just that good.
    ROLL TIDE!

2. Advertisement
    BamaNation Second Team smohabbat's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    A lot more touches for him than mark or Trent their freshmen year. But has 7.0 ypc is ridiculous! Trent will always be my favorite but yeldon is a guaranteed superstar

Alabama Crimson Tide

Post Thanks / Like
    My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com
    Honestly, I think he's the natural running back I've ever seen at Alabama. His vision is just amazing.
    DISCLAIMER: I hereby reserve the right to discuss any game on the Alabama schedule I wish, at any time during the season, as I am not a part of the Crimson Tide football program. I am simply a fan who has no impact outside of the money I provide the athletic department via ticket and memorabilia purchases and the energy I can provide when I attend the games. 2009-2014, crimsonaudio

Lurch Backwater!

BamaNation First Team CrimsonCrusade's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    My Mood
    BamaVictory on TideFans.com

Re: TJ Yeldon is a pleasant surprise

I knew how special he would be after watching his performance at A-Day. Ingram was good his Freshman year, but not a significant role-player. Richardson was phenomenal and a huge part of our success, even as a Freshman. Yeldon has all the potential to outdo both of them, but it's difficult to imagine just how good he could become, if he has not already fully developed.

Let's not forget a gentleman named Edward Lacy, who added a touchdown to last night's effort and was averaging 7 yards a carry. He deserves praise as well.
    "Oderint Dum Metuant. (Let them hate, so long as they fear.)" - Lucius Accicus

BamaNation Hall of Fame jthomas666's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    My Mood
    Stressed on TideFans.com

I nominate this thread title for understatement of the year.

During the broadcast, when Verne and Gary mentioned that Yeldon might be the best Bama back ever, my wife went "What?!?" I just replied, "That's no exaggeration--he just might be that good."
    I may disagree with you, but I'm pretty sure you're not Hitler.

BamaNation First Team Bear Disciple's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

Quote Originally Posted by JBama_in_PCOLA View Post
    It is very hard for me to swallow, but he may be better than Mark and Trent. I'm still cautious, but you wouldn't think he was a true freshman after the way he's been playing. More yards and touchdown than the both of them and may double them up, together, before the season is out. My good friend who works for WSFA in Montgomery called me and said that we got a steal because he showed out in Crampton Bowl. Fumble aside, though not really his fault and I believe he runs that in, the dude is just that good.
    I agree he is even more than I expected, and I expected a lot after the spring game. In fairness to Mark and Trent though, I couldn't believe they true freshman either. Yeldon has the potential to be up there with those guys, but he's got some Shaq size shoes to fill.

Suspended
    Post Thanks / Like
    My Mood

What I love about him is the way he runs. It's like he is not even trying. Trent and Mark always ran head first into someone and made them pay for it, TJ just makes them miss and keeps going on. What's scary for opposing teams is we will have TJ, Kenyan Drake, and Derrick Henry in our backfield next year, maybe Lacy too if he decides to stay.

BamaNation All-American bamabryan's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

TJ Yeldon is well on his way to be one of the greatest RB's to ever play at the University of Alabama. I realize those are big words, but look at the video. It speaks for itself. Everythime he touches the football I expect him to get at least seven or eight yards. TJ is going to be a very special player.

BamaNation First Team CrimsonCrusade's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    My Mood

Quote Originally Posted by Neos View Post
    What I love about him is the way he runs. It's like he is not even trying. Trent and Mark always ran head first into someone and made them pay for it, TJ just makes them miss and keeps going on. What's scary for opposing teams is we will have TJ, Kenyan Drake, and Derrick Henry in our backfield next year, maybe Lacy too if he decides to stay.
    Dee Hart is no slouch either.
    "Oderint Dum Metuant. (Let them hate, so long as they fear.)" - Lucius Accicus

BamaNation All-SEC Timberline Tide's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

every time I see him run I thank God he didn't stay w/ the barn

BamaNation Hall of Fame JBama_in_PCOLA's Avatar
    Andalusia, Alabama via Pensacola, Florida United States
    Post Thanks / Like
    My Mood
    HaHa on TideFans.com
    Quote Originally Posted by CrimsonCrusade View Post

Let's not forget a gentleman named Edward Lacy, who added a touchdown to last night's effort and was averaging 7 yards a carry. He deserves praise as well.
    He isn't forgotten. He is very, VERY important to our success and he is one of my favorite players.

And that spin move is devastating. You can't stop it.

It's just I thought Yeldon was pretty good, the way he showed up in Death Valley of all places to score the go ahead and game winning touchdown has to be the greatest thing for the young one. Why we went away from him when he was doing what he wanted all night long is beyond me. I'm just thrilled to have him in Crimson and White!
    ROLL TIDE!

BamaNation Hall of Fame TideMom2Boys's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    My Mood
    Amused on TideFans.com

I am watching the last drive again. Not only did he of course have the huge touchdown, but he had some good pass blocking to help AJ on the first throws.

So he is learning to be as dominate as Trent, since trent was such a good blocker.
    Roll Tide

BamaNation All-American Florida Tom's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

I bet he has No regrets over his choice of Alabama. If he listens he will beat out everyone before him. Kid is that talented. Just do what coach tells you & you will be a millionaire.