Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    BamaNation All-American Relayer's Avatar

Re: TJ Yeldon is a pleasant surprise

I thought Yeldon would be a contributor, but, wow. For me I'd have to say he's been way beyond a pleasant surprise. I think he's been nothing short of sensational.

2. Advertisement
    BamaNation First Team Stonewall1959's Avatar
    My Mood
    Festive on TideFans.com

Read an article the other day that if Bama gets all the running back recruits it's after this year we could rotate FIVE running backs next year. The article said that all the RB recruits are aware that they won't be a feature back and they're all ok with it.

BamaNation First Team

Yeldon>Lacey. I worry not starting Lacey could cost us in a game. He always finds yardage in well defensed plays.

BamaNation Hall of Fame JBama_in_PCOLA's Avatar
    Andalusia, Alabama via Pensacola, Florida United States
    My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com
    Lacy will start. He makes our plans fit. I saw Eddie, "Ed" if you're Desmond, Lacy do well in this game. We just went away from him and TJ.
    ROLL TIDE!

BamaNation First Team

Yeldon is a huge pleasure to watch. He hardly ever gets stuffed. He is not primarily a battering ram, or a juker, he doesn't rely on exceptional speed or burst, he is not particularly small and elusive. He has an upright stance that gives the impression of simple north-south running. Yet he always seems to be in the best lane, he doesn't waste energy on sharp directional changes because he threads defenders so well. When the tackle is inevitable he chooses the best way to dive for an extra 2 yards. He is incredibly efficient and, as a true freshman, his upside potential is just staggering.

All that, and he has good hands, is becoming a decent blocker, and is as cool as a cucumber. And the fumble yesterday was more AJs fault than TJs.

I'm not convinced that Lacy is 100% healthy yet. This slight tendency towards fragility, probably exacerbated by his spin move, may limit his draft desirability. But for Alabama at the college level, Lacy has been fantastic.

BamaNation Hall of Fame

Quote Originally Posted by DrollTide View Post
    I'm not convinced that Lacy is 100% healthy yet. This slight tendency towards fragility, probably exacerbated by his spin move, may limit his draft desirability. But for Alabama at the college level, Lacy has been fantastic.
    Yep and then he tweaks the ankle. I think we'll see both RBs against A&M, but if I had to guess, TJ gets more carries because I think EL will be a bit sore.

My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com
    I just love circle button though. Although he rather spin off, he'll truck you all the same.
    ROLL TIDE!

BamaNation All-American TheRealPokeChop's Avatar
    My Mood
    Aggressive on TideFans.com

by pleasant surprise do you mean he made me scream uncontrollably for 3 minutes after that TD. Pleasant isn't quite the word I'd use, shocking or game changing is closer.

Remember when Julio made a big play in death valley to spark our win there in 08, and then in 09? That puts TJ in some pretty big company.
    Serve no master but your own ambition.

My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com
    I didn't want to go overboard. It would seem a bit premature. I could have titled a bit better, but anything pleasant makes me smile.
    ROLL TIDE!

BamaNation All-SEC CrimsonTheory's Avatar
    My Mood
    Brooding on TideFans.com

T.J. season is why there are still a lot of butthurt Auburn fans. Nonetheless, this man-beast is gonna be Ladainian Tomlinson esque for Bama.
    the former CrimsonBleedRed.

BamaNation All-American TIDEnGA's Avatar
    My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

I love TJ regardless. Even when it looks like there is only a yard or two he turns it into 5 or 10. He is lightning fast and is so quick to find the hole even if he has to redirect. The fact that he spurned Auburn at the last minute makes him that much better.

My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com
    The way he hits a whole is crazy. It's like he's saying eannie meanie minie moe, then BAM! 10 yards... Watch him! I swear it looks like it.
    ROLL TIDE!

BamaNation Hall of Fame TideMom2Boys's Avatar
    My Mood
    BamaVictory on TideFans.com

On his touchdown, he did a little juke move and it was just enough to cause the defender to fall. Perfect.
    Roll Tide