Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    BamaNation Hall of Fame Jessica4Bama's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    My Mood
    Angelic on TideFans.com

Re: TJ Yeldon is a pleasant surprise

Yep. Him and Coop are my new favorite players. Dudes can play some ball.
    So we fix our eyes not on what is seen, but on what is unseen, since what is seen is temporary, but what is unseen is eternal. - 2 Corinthians 4:18

2. Advertisement
    Suspended
    Post Thanks / Like
    My Mood
    Relaxed on TideFans.com

If you combine Sherman Williams and Derrick Lassic you get T.J Yeldon.

BamaNation Hall of Fame JBama_in_PCOLA's Avatar
    Andalusia, Alabama via Pensacola, Florida United States
    Post Thanks / Like
    My Mood
    HaHa on TideFans.com
    Quote Originally Posted by CapstoneTider View Post
    If you combine Sherman Williams and Derrick Lassic you get T.J Yeldon.
    That's big!
    ROLL TIDE!

BamaNation First Team
    Post Thanks / Like
    My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

Quote Originally Posted by Neos View Post
    What I love about him is the way he runs. It's like he is not even trying. Trent and Mark always ran head first into someone and made them pay for it, TJ just makes them miss and keeps going on. What's scary for opposing teams is we will have TJ, Kenyan Drake, and Derrick Henry in our backfield next year, maybe Lacy too if he decides to stay.
    Don't forgot that little fellow that should be returning next year from injury. I believe Jalston Fowler is his name. It's fun watching him carry the ball and truck defenders...even more fun to watch when he's the lead blocker for Yeldon.

Suspended
    Post Thanks / Like
    My Mood
    BamaVictory on TideFans.com

Quote Originally Posted by mrusso View Post
    Don't forgot that little fellow that should be returning next year from injury. I believe Jalston Fowler is his name. It's fun watching him carry the ball and truck defenders...even more fun to watch when he's the lead blocker for Yeldon.
    I haven't forgotten, but Derrick Henry will be like Jalston Fowler expect faster and more agile.

BamaNation All-American EscaTider's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    One thing about TJ- he is sort of the opposite in terms of emotion from, say, Mark Ingram. TJ just seems to go about his business and never looks rattled. He never seems to get too hyped up either. You could see him calmly leaning closer to AJ to get the calls during the last drive, and you can just see that look of "I got this" on his face at any point in the game. What a player. Can't wait to see him after a year in Cochran's S&C program.

BamaNation Hall of Fame RedStar's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

I love TJ, but I can't say he's better than Ingram or Richardson, or even Lacy for that matter, because better is such a subjective term. They all have vastly different running styles.

Richardson is one of the hardest running RB's I've ever seen. He makes defenders regret choosing to play football. Ingram hit & found holes as well as any RB we've had at Alabama in a long time. Lacy's ankle breaking spin move is devastating. They're all better in different ways.
    Fool me once, shame on me. Fool me twice? Congratulations, you'd probably make a pretty good con-man.

Suspended
    Post Thanks / Like
    My Mood
    Relaxed on TideFans.com

Quote Originally Posted by EscaTider View Post
    One thing about TJ- he is sort of the opposite in terms of emotion from, say, Mark Ingram. TJ just seems to go about his business and never looks rattled. He never seems to get too hyped up either. You could see him calmly leaning closer to AJ to get the calls during the last drive, and you can just see that look of "I got this" on his face at any point in the game. What a player. Can't wait to see him after a year in Cochran's S&C program.
    High emotional intelligence and instincts. It's interesting to watch his eyes(front view) on the touchdown. You can clearly see him scanning various players and angles without a lot of head movement. He was aware of the linebacker coming from his back right and the DB coming across in front and calculated his juke to the right just enough for the DB to overshoot without crossing into the linebackers path. Perfect position.

He is about as different from Ingram and Trent as you can be other than great. He's like a big hummingbird.

BamaNation Second Team
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Neos View Post
    What I love about him is the way he runs. It's like he is not even trying. Trent and Mark always ran head first into someone and made them pay for it, TJ just makes them miss and keeps going on. What's scary for opposing teams is we will have TJ, Kenyan Drake, and Derrick Henry in our backfield next year, maybe Lacy too if he decides to stay.
    Correct, his height and smooth running style make it look like he's sort of loafing, but suddenly he's past everybody. also realize next year he will be even stronger and smarter.

Suspended
    Post Thanks / Like

After a few plays in the spring game, I knew TJ was going to be special.

Suspended
    Post Thanks / Like

Hope there are plans to use Drake a bit more this week, just to give the other two a rest.

BamaNation All-American sanjosecrimson's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    My Mood

Quote Originally Posted by JBama_in_PCOLA View Post
    He isn't forgotten. He is very, VERY important to our success and he is one of my favorite players.

And that spin move is devastating. You can't stop it.

It's just I thought Yeldon was pretty good, the way he showed up in Death Valley of all places to score the go ahead and game winning touchdown has to be the greatest thing for the young one. Why we went away from him when he was doing what he wanted all night long is beyond me. I'm just thrilled to have him in Crimson and White!
    not so long ago, another freshmen less known than Yeldon came off the bench and torched LSU at DV for 4 TDs and nearly 300 yards on the ground. what's his name again??

oh yeah, Shaun Alexander.

btw, I have a man crush on TJ.

BamaNation All-American sanjosecrimson's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    My Mood

Quote Originally Posted by EscaTider View Post

I don't think I have ever see him bump chest in the air or get vocal after a TD. the young man acts like he has been there before. amazing!!