Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
    BamaNation Hall of Fame Chukker Veteran's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    My Mood
    Cheerful on TideFans.com

Did we skip the Rammer Jammer cheer after the game?

I've watched the replay of the last seven minutes several times, just can't get over it. But something was nagging at the back of my mind, something seemed missing...

Did we give them the Rammer Jammer cheer after the game last night? I don't remember hearing the band strike it up, usually you'll hear it during the coach's interview afterwards.

But I never heard it. Was the band so wiped out they forgot? Did we squeak by so closely it didn't seem appropriate? Did we cheer it but I just didn't hear it?

Maybe the band leader decided that might be the last straw for a very disappointed LSU bunch? It would be too mean to play it, or instead, skip it as a sign of respect?

Not important, just wondering...

2. Advertisement
    BamaNation Hall of Fame jthomas666's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    My Mood
    Stressed on TideFans.com

Re: Did we skip the Rammer Jammer cheer after the game?

No need to get the MDB bus tires slashed.
    I may disagree with you, but I'm pretty sure you're not Hitler.

BamaNation First Team CrimsonCrusade's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    My Mood
    BamaVictory on TideFans.com

They played it. You can hear it during the Saban interview.
    "Oderint Dum Metuant. (Let them hate, so long as they fear.)" - Lucius Accicus

Post Thanks / Like
    My Mood
    Mellow on TideFans.com

Personally, I think it would have been in very poor taste for us to have done Rammer Jammer last night. I know it is a tradition, but we did anything but "beat the hell out of them", and I think at that point everyone was so relieved to be leaving with a W that Rammer Jammer was an afterthought.

BamaNation First Team
    Post Thanks / Like

Someone else already pointed it out on another thread. I'd like to give credit to whomever it was, but I have the memory of a goldfish.

http://alabama.rivals.com/content.asp?CID=1431384

Post Thanks / Like
    My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

They definitely played it. I heard the chant 3 times.
    ALABAMA CRIMSON TIDE - SMU MUSTANGS - KENTUCKY WILDCATS

BamaNation First Team
    Post Thanks / Like
    My Mood
    Fine on TideFans.com

BamaNation Hall of Fame Chukker Veteran's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    My Mood
    Cheerful on TideFans.com

I see we played it. Usually, by the end of the game, the other fans are long gone. This game, all the home crowd stuck around to the very end, so their noise/presence kinda made the Rammer Jammer cheer not seem so overwhelming. Plus, I bet the Bama fans were just worn out and might not have cheered it as loudly as usual.

BamaNation All-American Al A Bama's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    My Mood
    Relaxed on TideFans.com

Hopefully, the LSU fans got a taste of how we felt last year in Tuscaloosa with their OT win 9 to 6.
    "Is life so dear, or peace so sweet, as to be purchased at the price of chains and slavery? Forbid it, Almighty God! I know not what course others may take; but as for me, Give me Liberty, or give me Death!" Patrick Henry

BamaNation First Team CrimsonCrusade's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    My Mood

Quote Originally Posted by bamabomber View Post
    Personally, I think it would have been in very poor taste for us to have done Rammer Jammer last night. I know it is a tradition, but we did anything but "beat the hell out of them", and I think at that point everyone was so relieved to be leaving with a W that Rammer Jammer was an afterthought.
    One of the greatest traditions in college football. No mercy to the enemy. They hate us anyways, they show us no quarter. "Good taste" is non-existent on a football field. Anyone who has played at any level beyond little league can tell you that there is absolutely no regard given to the feelings of the opponent before, during, or after a game. To the victors go the spoils.
    "Oderint Dum Metuant. (Let them hate, so long as they fear.)" - Lucius Accicus

Post Thanks / Like
    My Mood
    Mellow on TideFans.com

Quote Originally Posted by CrimsonCrusade View Post
    One of the greatest traditions in college football. No mercy to the enemy. They hate us anyways, they show us no quarter. "Good taste" is non-existent on a football field. Anyone who has played at any level beyond little league can tell you that there is absolutely no regard given to the feelings of the opponent before, during, or after a game. To the victors go the spoils.
    There are certainly times that I enjoy Rammer Jammer as much as anybody, case in point the Michigan game to start the season, or the Championship game against LSU last year. There are times it fits, but last night was not one of them. I don't want to step on anybody's toes since it is such a sacred tradition, although I will tell you I'm not a fan of the cheer itself.(although it does beat the crap out of rolling certain trees at another campus across state) I just think that last night was poor timing for us to be telling a team that we "beat the hell out of them", when in reality it very easily could have been the other way around. That's my only point, but either way it makes no difference to me. I'm just thankful we had the opportunity to chant it.

BamaNation Hall of Fame TideMan09's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    My Mood

Quote Originally Posted by VirginiaTide57 View Post
    HAHA..Thanks for posting that..I noticed the LSU fan giving our band the finger as he walked by..That made my day & made the "Rammer Jammer" that much sweeter..

BamaNation All-SEC 37bamagreats55's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

It's tradition.
    We're gonna play it whenever we win.
    It was a huge victory last night.
    I have no problem with it being played. It's not like we beat UAB in triple OT - this was one of our biggest rivals on the biggest stage in all of football.
    LSU hadn't lost a game in "Death Valley" in several (3?) years.....
    C'mon... enjoy the victory, savor our tradition.
    And in a few hours, let's get ready to take on Johnny Football and the Aggies.