Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    BamaNation All-SEC bamagradinATL's Avatar
    My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

Re: Did we skip the Rammer Jammer cheer after the game?

Quote Originally Posted by TideMan09 View Post
    HAHA..Thanks for posting that..I noticed the LSU fan giving our band the finger as he walked by..That made my day & made the "Rammer Jammer" that much sweeter..
    I noticed that too. Rammer Jammer all in his ear drum.

2. Advertisement
    BamaNation All-SEC bamagradinATL's Avatar
    My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

Quote Originally Posted by TheRealPokeChop View Post
    nothing i hate more than an AUB, the second thing is any other non Bama SEC fan, the third thing is NAZI's the fourth is Bama fans who complain about us playing Rammer Jammer. SPOILS OF VICTORY, no matter how close when you're playing a rival. If you don't like it, who cares what you think anyway? The team loves it, appreciates it, and expects it....Give it to them.
    Tell em poke!

Quote Originally Posted by IMALOYAL1 View Post
    If there's a fanbase that's more deserving of getting Rammer Jammered than the LSU corndogs, I don't know who it'd be.

Luv that they got a chance to hear it loud and in person in their own stadium.
    Largest crowd in tiger stadium history...and most press credentials they have ever given. And they got processed on the final drive. Sweet.
    "We didn't come here lookin' for a moral victory."
    - Nick Saban, December 5, 2009

BamaNation All-American bamabelle1991's Avatar
    My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

Bring it on!! I love it!! Poor taste? PULEEZE. In Tiger Stadium, the only thing that is in poor taste is EVERYTHING that is LSU. Roll Tide!

BamaNation First Team saraelizabethua's Avatar
    My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

In the eyes of the Rammer Jammer, a win is a win. Unless there are extenuating circumstances like player injury or recent hardship for the opposing team, it's just going to get played.

They didn't play it last year after beating Penn State in Happy Valley, out of respect to Joe Paterno. Now I wish they had.

I agree its a little on the tacky side. But is it any worse than driving out of town and seeing people throw toilet paper in trees?

Love it!

RTR!!!!

I love the Rammer Jammer, though I never heard it live
    I think that it was appropriate in this case: it was a dreadful battle with a rollercoaster of emotions, Rammer Jammer was a cathartic act intended to free all the tension accumulated during the game.
    I could find it less appropriate if we would have played some Middleofnowhere State University winning a lot to nothing. But after that battle it was more than appropriate.
    RT

My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com
    I love Rammer Jammer. As a matter I fact, my new car tag is RJYH89. Now, when we play those teams we are supposed to beat unmercifully (WKU, WCU, etc), I personally don't do it. I prefer to do Rammer Jammer for the SEC rivals or for he OOC games like Michigan.
    "If you believe in yourself and have dedication and pride--and never quit--you'll be a winner. The price of victory is high, but so are the rewards." Coach Paul Bryant

BamaNation All-American
    My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

One of their cheers that they play throughout the game involves a cuss word about beating your opponent if I am hearing it correctly. Most teams have something like that I don't see the problem with it. And we did beat them maybe not physically but mentally at the end they were about as beat as you can be so I think it was appropriate and always is.

My Mood
    Relaxed on TideFans.com
    I love me some Rammer Jammer. When I was in school we even sang it BEFORE the game. Loved those days.
    "Sometimes the juice is worth the squeeze." - Marcus Luttrell, 'Service - A Navy SEAL at War'

Quote Originally Posted by bamabomber View Post
    Personally, I think it would have been in very poor taste for us to have done Rammer Jammer last night. I know it is a tradition, but we did anything but "beat the hell out of them", and I think at that point everyone was so relieved to be leaving with a W that Rammer Jammer was an afterthought.
    If you weren't there, you don't understand. I was and it was appropriate! Rammer Jammer!!!!!
    Run Johnny Run

BamaNation All-American TexasTideFan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by BamaBraz View Post
    If you weren't there, you don't understand. I was and it was appropriate! Rammer Jammer!!!!!
    Still hoarse from it. It was really weird for those words to flow as we didn't come close to beating the hell out of them but it felt nice anyway because 3 minutes prior from that point, Rammer Jammer was the furthest thought from my mind.

RTR!!!!!