Did we skip the Rammer Jammer cheer after the game?

Chukker Veteran

Hall of Fame
Feb 6, 2001
I've watched the replay of the last seven minutes several times, just can't get over it. But something was nagging at the back of my mind, something seemed missing...

Did we give them the Rammer Jammer cheer after the game last night? I don't remember hearing the band strike it up, usually you'll hear it during the coach's interview afterwards.

But I never heard it. Was the band so wiped out they forgot? Did we squeak by so closely it didn't seem appropriate? Did we cheer it but I just didn't hear it?

Maybe the band leader decided that might be the last straw for a very disappointed LSU bunch? It would be too mean to play it, or instead, skip it as a sign of respect?

Not important, just wondering...

BamaHoosier

All-American
Jan 17, 2011
Noblesville Indiana
Personally, I think it would have been in very poor taste for us to have done Rammer Jammer last night. I know it is a tradition, but we did anything but "beat the hell out of them", and I think at that point everyone was so relieved to be leaving with a W that Rammer Jammer was an afterthought.

Chukker Veteran

Hall of Fame
Feb 6, 2001
I see we played it. Usually, by the end of the game, the other fans are long gone. This game, all the home crowd stuck around to the very end, so their noise/presence kinda made the Rammer Jammer cheer not seem so overwhelming. Plus, I bet the Bama fans were just worn out and might not have cheered it as loudly as usual.

Al A Bama

Hall of Fame
Jun 24, 2011
Hopefully, the LSU fans got a taste of how we felt last year in Tuscaloosa with their OT win 9 to 6.

CrimsonCrusade

1st Team
Nov 9, 2011
Cookeville, TN
Personally, I think it would have been in very poor taste for us to have done Rammer Jammer last night. I know it is a tradition, but we did anything but "beat the hell out of them", and I think at that point everyone was so relieved to be leaving with a W that Rammer Jammer was an afterthought.
One of the greatest traditions in college football. No mercy to the enemy. They hate us anyways, they show us no quarter. "Good taste" is non-existent on a football field. Anyone who has played at any level beyond little league can tell you that there is absolutely no regard given to the feelings of the opponent before, during, or after a game. To the victors go the spoils.

BamaHoosier

All-American
Jan 17, 2011
Noblesville Indiana
One of the greatest traditions in college football. No mercy to the enemy. They hate us anyways, they show us no quarter. "Good taste" is non-existent on a football field. Anyone who has played at any level beyond little league can tell you that there is absolutely no regard given to the feelings of the opponent before, during, or after a game. To the victors go the spoils.
There are certainly times that I enjoy Rammer Jammer as much as anybody, case in point the Michigan game to start the season, or the Championship game against LSU last year. There are times it fits, but last night was not one of them. I don't want to step on anybody's toes since it is such a sacred tradition, although I will tell you I'm not a fan of the cheer itself.(although it does beat the crap out of rolling certain trees at another campus across state) I just think that last night was poor timing for us to be telling a team that we "beat the hell out of them", when in reality it very easily could have been the other way around. That's my only point, but either way it makes no difference to me. I'm just thankful we had the opportunity to chant it.

37bamagreats55

All-American
Apr 1, 2003
Gardendale, AL
It's tradition.
We're gonna play it whenever we win.
It was a huge victory last night.
I have no problem with it being played. It's not like we beat UAB in triple OT - this was one of our biggest rivals on the biggest stage in all of football.
LSU hadn't lost a game in "Death Valley" in several (3?) years.....
C'mon... enjoy the victory, savor our tradition.
And in a few hours, let's get ready to take on Johnny Football and the Aggies.

TheRealPokeChop

Hall of Fame
Jul 7, 2010
Hueytown, Al
nothing i hate more than an AUB, the second thing is any other non Bama SEC fan, the third thing is NAZI's the fourth is Bama fans who complain about us playing Rammer Jammer. SPOILS OF VICTORY, no matter how close when you're playing a rival. If you don't like it, who cares what you think anyway? The team loves it, appreciates it, and expects it....Give it to them.

Last edited:

CapstoneTider

Suspended
Dec 6, 2000
I wonder what would happen if one of those crazy soccer countries in South America adopted Rammer Jammer. It would probably result in a war.

Bad Pony

All-American
Nov 14, 1999
Pelham
nothing i hate more than an AUB, the second thing is any other non Bama SEC fan, the third thing is NAZI's the fourth is Bama fans who complain about us playing Rammer Jammer. SPOILS OF VICTORY, no matter how close when you're playing a rival. If you don't like it, who cares what you think anyway? The team loves it, appreciates it, and expects it....Give it to them.
I agree Poke... stop whining because we play it...we're going to play it EVERY time we win, period. Get over it and Roll Tide!

BamaAlum97

1st Team
Dec 13, 2002
Tulsa, OK
I love to hear Rammer Jammer because when I hear it, it means we won.

While I was in school at Bama, the school administration banned it for a bit. The students still chanted it every week even though the MDB was not allowed to play it. I was very happy to see it reinstated the next season.

Don't take it for granted. It's a Bama tradition.

selmaborntidefan

TideFans Legend
Mar 31, 2000
I'm glad I'm not the only one who missed it. Maybe we had too much adrenaline watching. I screamed so loudly at the TV that my son came flying down the stairs to see if I was ok. But I didn't hear the RJ cheer. This morning with fresh ears I could hear it - barely.

I'm torn on it but that's for another day.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.