Did we skip the Rammer Jammer cheer after the game?

Stonewall1959

2nd Team
Oct 5, 2005
Macon, Georgia
Personally, I think it would have been in very poor taste for us to have done Rammer Jammer last night. I know it is a tradition, but we did anything but "beat the hell out of them", and I think at that point everyone was so relieved to be leaving with a W that Rammer Jammer was an afterthought.
Poor taste? It's poor taste that they were booing our BAND. Why anyone would boo a band is beyond me. A lot of the LSU fans (according to their fan forums) agreed that is was a classless act, but others...

(from TigerDroppings) Screw the pageantry of their Gump band.
I puked a little in my mouth when they started playing lame show tunes.
I was not there to be entertained by a halftime band playing Franky Vallie.
As much as I'd like a commendation from Ms. Manners to hang on my wall, I just didn't want to be reminded of anything from that arrogant and overbearing School/fanbase/culture of tea-baggers and tree-poisoners.
Rammer Jammer should be played after every win, IMHO.

TideMom2Boys

Hall of Fame
Nov 17, 2010
Alabama
I could hear it faintly during the Saban interview.

But I say we do it no matter what if we win. One of the best Rammer Jammer's ever was after the 2009 Tn game, and I wouldn't say we dominated the game, but it was one of the best finishes ever!

jdatide

1st Team
Nov 15, 2007
Carlisle, OH
Bingo
It's tradition.
We're gonna play it whenever we win.
It was a huge victory last night.
I have no problem with it being played. It's not like we beat UAB in triple OT - this was one of our biggest rivals on the biggest stage in all of football.
LSU hadn't lost a game in "Death Valley" in several (3?) years.....
C'mon... enjoy the victory, savor our tradition.
And in a few hours, let's get ready to take on Johnny Football and the Aggies.

IMALOYAL1

All-American
Oct 28, 2000
Birmingham AL
If there's a fanbase that's more deserving of getting Rammer Jammered than the LSU corndogs, I don't know who it'd be.

Luv that they got a chance to hear it loud and in person in their own stadium.

bamagradinATL

All-American
Sep 12, 2006
McKinney, TX
nothing i hate more than an AUB, the second thing is any other non Bama SEC fan, the third thing is NAZI's the fourth is Bama fans who complain about us playing Rammer Jammer. SPOILS OF VICTORY, no matter how close when you're playing a rival. If you don't like it, who cares what you think anyway? The team loves it, appreciates it, and expects it....Give it to them.
Tell em poke!

jdatide

1st Team
Nov 15, 2007
Carlisle, OH
If there's a fanbase that's more deserving of getting Rammer Jammered than the LSU corndogs, I don't know who it'd be.

Luv that they got a chance to hear it loud and in person in their own stadium.
Largest crowd in tiger stadium history...and most press credentials they have ever given. And they got processed on the final drive. Sweet.

Crimson1967

Hall of Fame
Nov 22, 2011
They didn't play it last year after beating Penn State in Happy Valley, out of respect to Joe Paterno. Now I wish they had.

I agree its a little on the tacky side. But is it any worse than driving out of town and seeing people throw toilet paper in trees?

Gandalff

2nd Team
Mar 28, 2012
Santa Marinella, Italy
I love the Rammer Jammer, though I never heard it live :(
I think that it was appropriate in this case: it was a dreadful battle with a rollercoaster of emotions, Rammer Jammer was a cathartic act intended to free all the tension accumulated during the game.
I could find it less appropriate if we would have played some Middleofnowhere State University winning a lot to nothing. But after that battle it was more than appropriate.
RT

tmv85

All-SEC
I love Rammer Jammer. As a matter I fact, my new car tag is RJYH89. Now, when we play those teams we are supposed to beat unmercifully (WKU, WCU, etc), I personally don't do it. I prefer to do Rammer Jammer for the SEC rivals or for he OOC games like Michigan.

RollTide1224

All-American
Feb 18, 2008
Spartanburg, SC
One of their cheers that they play throughout the game involves a cuss word about beating your opponent if I am hearing it correctly. Most teams have something like that I don't see the problem with it. And we did beat them maybe not physically but mentally at the end they were about as beat as you can be so I think it was appropriate and always is.

BamaBraz

1st Team
Nov 27, 2002
Monrovia, AL
Personally, I think it would have been in very poor taste for us to have done Rammer Jammer last night. I know it is a tradition, but we did anything but "beat the hell out of them", and I think at that point everyone was so relieved to be leaving with a W that Rammer Jammer was an afterthought.
If you weren't there, you don't understand. I was and it was appropriate! Rammer Jammer!!!!!

TexasTideFan

All-American
Feb 6, 2003
Kingwood, TX
If you weren't there, you don't understand. I was and it was appropriate! Rammer Jammer!!!!!
Still hoarse from it. It was really weird for those words to flow as we didn't come close to beating the hell out of them but it felt nice anyway because 3 minutes prior from that point, Rammer Jammer was the furthest thought from my mind.

RTR!!!!!

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.