Did we skip the Rammer Jammer cheer after the game?

Matt0424

All-American
Jan 16, 2010
Hoover, Al
Some of you just need to think on a realistic level. Put this in fight terms... You can beat the "hell" out of someone while simultaneously taking a significant beating yourself. The major determinant, though, is who gets up at the end...that would be us.

Rammer Jammer is always appropriate after a victory...

Crimson1967

Hall of Fame
Nov 22, 2011
Some of you just need to think on a realistic level. Put this in fight terms... You can beat the "hell" out of someone while simultaneously taking a significant beating yourself. The major determinant, though, is who gets up at the end...that would be us.
True. Joe Farzier couldn't answer the bell for the 15th round in Manilla. But Dundee was about to throw in the towel himself in Ali's corner. A few seconds made all the difference in boxing history. Both men gave and received a tremendous beating.

RTRinBR

3rd Team
Jan 27, 2003
Baton Rouge, LA USA
Re: was the "rammer jammer played?

I was there and it was played. I did sing the first verse kind quietly with my son and nephew. We did not beat the snot out of anyone saturday night.

92tide

TideFans Legend
May 9, 2000
East Point, Ga, USA
I love me some Rammer Jammer. When I was in school we even sang it BEFORE the game. :) Loved those days.
im there with you, i love the cheer. i started attending games in the late 70s and it was played alot. by the time i got to bama in '87, it was nixed and i hated not having the band strike it up. i also loved hearing superfreak and deacon blues blaring in the stadium during pre-game warmups. we always got crappy EZ tickets right next to the old student section, but it was where Coach Bryant leaned on the goalpost, and as a young lad, i got quite an education on how college students should act ;) :)

Last edited:

92tide

TideFans Legend
May 9, 2000
East Point, Ga, USA
They played it. And rather quickly after the game ended. I usually don't agree with playing it in a close game, but LSU fans booed the MDB band's halftime show.
from watching the sideline videos of the reactions after tj's TD, i got the feeling that some rather nasty stuff was being said to our players during the game.

RMRJMR

Scout Team
Dec 29, 2008
Madison, AL
It was played 3 times, however our student section which was seated next to our band all other Bama fans were spread out all around the stadium. That is why is was not very loud. And except for an injury at the end of the game like Mizz this year RMR JMR should be played. Even after the small team games like Western Carolina. Many if those fans have stated they feel insulted if it is not played.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.