Joker Phillips fired...

teamplayer

Hall of Fame
Jul 31, 2001
cullman, al, usa
Losing to Vandy by 40 can get you fired even if you are having a decent year, but everyone knew that his time at Kentucky was circling the drain anyway. Who will go there? Let the speculation begin.

BamaHoosier

All-American
Jan 17, 2011
Noblesville Indiana
We throw his name out there as a joke whenever there is an opening, but how about Houston Nutt? He's about the biggest name that would consider UK, and there aren't many big name schools that would show interest in Nutt. I think they would be a pretty good fit for each other.

bama119

1st Team
Aug 4, 2001
Eufaula, Al.
Looks like Ky. wants to get out front on the coaching search. Very possibly four SEC schools could be hunting a head coach. Good luck to them in getting a top notch coach who wants to play second fiddle to basketball.
Of course we all know all the very best coaches are waiting for the barn job to open up so they can beg for the job.:biggrin:

CapstoneTider

Suspended
Dec 6, 2000
Looks like Ky. wants to get out front on the coaching search. Very possibly four SEC schools could be hunting a head coach. Good luck to them in getting a top notch coach who wants to play second fiddle to basketball.
Of course we all know all the very best coaches are waiting for the barn job to open up so they can beg for the job.:biggrin:
I think getting beat 40-0 by Vandy had more to do with it than trying to be out front. This was just not the normal time for a change situation......Kentucky hit rock bottom. Rich Brooks had them in Bowl games from 2006-2009 and he left a good enough team to go back in 2010. Two years later your getting demolished by Vandy and are 0-7 and 1-9? They had to do this.

selmaborntidefan

TideFans Legend
Mar 31, 2000
I think since they tried the Joker, the next on the call list is the Smoker, followed by the Midnight Toker.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.