Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    BamaNation All-SEC

Re: Will the team have a hangover next Saturday?

It's going to take one of Saban's best coaching efforts to get the team focused and ready for A&M after the physical and emotional toll of last night. But I think he'll get it done. Would have been even tougher had we lost!
    ROLL TIDE ROLL!

2. Advertisement
    BamaNation Hall of Fame CajunCrimson's Avatar
    My Mood
    Busy on TideFans.com

I think they just got the Hell scared out of them. I'm guessing they will be wired like crazy -- and will roll A&M...

The "D" has something to prove
    Raj: Excuse me, I can't be drinking, I'm about to make an important scientific discovery here!
    Howard:What? Galileo did his best work while drinking wine!
    Raj: How do you know that?
    Howard: He was Italian, it's a reasonable assumption.
    Raj: Dude, can you even open your mouth without saying a cultural stereotype?
    Howard: I'm sorry Galileo drank diet sprite!

BamaNation All-SEC bamagradinATL's Avatar
    My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

Quote Originally Posted by TideEngineer08 View Post
    I doubt we will hear it mentioned in the media, but LSU has the kind of offense that causes our defense to struggle. They are able to keep us in our base defense and quite frankly we are not as good in the base 3/4 as we are in the nickle. Another thing... It was our offense's struggles that allowed LSU to remain in the game and kept our defense out on the field far more than we are used to seeing.

I am far more concerned about the nicks and bruises that our team has right now than any letdown or A&M's scheme.
    Great point. Danielson made several comments about us playing base and having to leave Mosley on the sideline.

My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

The leadership on this team will NOT let everyone else have a let down. Primary difference in this team and the '10 team is the leadership, and I think we'll see that next Saturday.
    "Bryant can take his'n and beat your'n, and then he can turn around and take your'n and beat his'n." -- Houston Oiler head coach Bum Phillips, a former player under Coach Bryant

BamaNation Hall of Fame BamainBoston's Avatar
    My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

We lose if we do.

BamaNation Hall of Fame
    My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

Yeah, our best personnel group has been DePriest and Mosley at LB and the three safeties on the field...

Suspended

I think it's really important our team do a few things to avoid the hangover.

Hydrate.

Eat a lot of carbs. Maybe even some greasy food.

Pace themselves. Take breaks, even.

Start letting off the gas around 11.

Take some tylenol before bed.

Wait - y'all mean something else...

In all seriousness - need to find a way to get pressure with just four (three, preferably) so CJ is on the field and roaming...Can't let Manziel run but also need enough coverage down field to avoid busted plays.

BamaNation First Team BamaAlum97's Avatar
    It is the classic timing for a letdown, but at this stage of the season and with the SEC West for the taking next week, there is still plenty to be up for.
    Twitter: @BamaAlum97

The University of Alabama: Class of 1997
    Oklahoma State University: Class of 2005

There is a fine line between being a "die-hard" fan and just another critic!

BamaNation First Team Stonewall1959's Avatar
    My Mood
    Festive on TideFans.com

I don't think we'll take aTm lightly. Saban will have them ready to play and we're at home. Sure, LSU showed us some weaknesses but I imagine that Kirby and Co will figure out a way to overcome those.

BamaNation All-SEC

I doubt it. Good leadership and lots to work on after Saturday.

A&M's offense is good and has improved over the season. The D, not so much. If we have Bell, Cooper and Lacy at full strength, then we win and might win big. I don't seem them stopping us on offense (or the O stopping itself as it did at times against LSU). I think the plan will be to leave their super man QB sitting on the bench watching as much as possible. It is also worth noting that the largest most hostile crowd they've played in front of so far was in Starkville. Crowd will help Alabama.

So no, I doubt the team will be so strung out from Saturday that they can't put together a convincing win against the Aggies. All of their goals are right there for the taking. Realistically, A&M is the last thing between them and an SEC Championship game. Not a good place for A&M to be.
    Roll Tide

BamaNation Second Team bama backer's Avatar

No! Wejust do not need to give two inopportune turnovers to anyone we play. I would not be surprised if we bring our "A" Game this weeks.

Suspended

Mosley is a great answer for Johnny Football. And if you have a defense that doesn't have Mosley on the field, it is time to take another look at the lineup. Mosley is a first team All American in my book. The Aggies will turn the ball over at least twice. The high school mascot for Johnny Football at Kerville Tivy was the Antlers. The Jr High is the Spikes. As a deer hunter, I really do love those mascots.

If we have a hangover, then I bet we are not a national championship caliber team.

The near-loss last night should have lit a fire in our bellies and given us that "post-trauma" shot in the arm that we had after the 2008 losses to UF and UT, after the 2010 season, and after last year's regular season loss to LSU.

Remember when we lost to Mizzou in 1975?
    The next week we played Clemson in Tuscaloosa.
    I was in school there at the time.
    Clemson did not cross the 50-yard line.
    We won 56-0.

That is how championship teams rebound.