Will the team have a hangover next Saturday?

Stonewall1959

2nd Team
Oct 5, 2005
Macon, Georgia
I don't think we'll take aTm lightly. Saban will have them ready to play and we're at home. Sure, LSU showed us some weaknesses but I imagine that Kirby and Co will figure out a way to overcome those.

uaintn

All-American
Aug 2, 2000
franklin, tennessee, usa
I doubt it. Good leadership and lots to work on after Saturday.

A&M's offense is good and has improved over the season. The D, not so much. If we have Bell, Cooper and Lacy at full strength, then we win and might win big. I don't seem them stopping us on offense (or the O stopping itself as it did at times against LSU). I think the plan will be to leave their super man QB sitting on the bench watching as much as possible. It is also worth noting that the largest most hostile crowd they've played in front of so far was in Starkville. Crowd will help Alabama.

So no, I doubt the team will be so strung out from Saturday that they can't put together a convincing win against the Aggies. All of their goals are right there for the taking. Realistically, A&M is the last thing between them and an SEC Championship game. Not a good place for A&M to be.

257WBY

Suspended
Aug 20, 2011
Mosley is a great answer for Johnny Football. And if you have a defense that doesn't have Mosley on the field, it is time to take another look at the lineup. Mosley is a first team All American in my book. The Aggies will turn the ball over at least twice. The high school mascot for Johnny Football at Kerville Tivy was the Antlers. The Jr High is the Spikes. As a deer hunter, I really do love those mascots.

Bruce014

1st Team
Aug 29, 2012
Alabama
If we have a hangover, then I bet we are not a national championship caliber team.

The near-loss last night should have lit a fire in our bellies and given us that "post-trauma" shot in the arm that we had after the 2008 losses to UF and UT, after the 2010 season, and after last year's regular season loss to LSU.

Remember when we lost to Mizzou in 1975?
The next week we played Clemson in Tuscaloosa.
I was in school there at the time.
Clemson did not cross the 50-yard line.
We won 56-0.

That is how championship teams rebound.

CapstoneTider

Suspended
Dec 6, 2000
I like having Sunseri and Mosley on the field. While Sunseri has developed into a kind of tweener(he's bigger this year) and can have problems against speedy receivers, he is multidimensional and can play the line, and the defense is just more confusing in the nickel.

sanjosecrimson

Hall of Fame
May 18, 2007
San Jose, California
I think they just got the Hell scared out of them. I'm guessing they will be wired like crazy -- and will roll A&M...

The "D" has something to prove
BINGO!!

Bama knows with a win over TAMU, its a wrap. Atlanta here we come.

this team just finished playing 3 of the last 4 games on the road. they now have a 3 game stretch at home. you can start to see the light at the end of the tunnel. Cecil Hurt said something to the affect that beginning with the Tennesse game that Bama was essentially playing in our version of the Playoffs with the next 4 games. these 4 games will be testing our defense with the passing game (Tenn), a balance team (Miss St.) a physical team much like ours with a strong defense and running game (LSU) and finally a spread, HUNH team (TAMU).

3 DOWN, 1 MORE TO GO.

RTR!!

Last edited:

TexasTideFan

All-American
Feb 6, 2003
Kingwood, TX
If we have a hangover, then I bet we are not a national championship caliber team.
What I saw in Death Valley last night was a team that played it's worst game of the season and still found a way to pull a win out in a very, and I mean very, hostile environment. Championship caliber teams are the ones that can play poorly and still overcome those setbacks to get a victory.

I think A&M will work on the kinks that LSU exposed us in last night. Being at home though should help.

WaterWoman

1st Team
Nov 25, 2011
We have Nick Saban everyone. I hope A&M tries to exploit what LSU revealed last week. That blew up at the National Championship Game when Les thought the triple option was the way to beat Alabama (Georgia Southern everyone?).

A&M may try to exploit what they saw from LSU. Based on Nick Saban's adjustments after each game, I hope they do.

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville

The near-loss last night should have lit a fire in our bellies and given us that "post-trauma" shot in the arm that we had after the 2008 losses to UF and UT, after the 2010 season, and after last year's regular season loss to LSU.

Remember when we lost to Mizzou in 1975?
The next week we played Clemson in Tuscaloosa.
I was in school there at the time.
Clemson did not cross the 50-yard line.
We won 56-0.

That is how championship teams rebound.
I don't recall Bama playing too well the game after the 2008 Florida game. Not sure about the 2010 UT game.

bamachile

Hall of Fame
Jul 27, 2007
Oakdale, Louisiana
Well, it's a great tattle-tale game for this sort of thing - I love the CNS take, BTW. I am more concerned with mental stamina than anything, with physical injuries a close second. We are a better team than TAMU, but the boys will have to put in a good week and not simply recuperate.

I know what I would like to think, but I would prefer to hear from some of those close to the fire for confirmation.

Florida Tom

All-American
Aug 15, 2011
Tampa, FL
I hope we get Cooper & Lacy at 100% with that I think we win Big.

They have some work to do with the DB'S this week, since CNS does that I feel really good about our chances for INT's.

I think the team will feel real good about the win but work on ways to improve.

UA All the Way

All-SEC
Dec 22, 2005
Las Vegas
I think that injuries will plague us a lot more than most think. We need to play a clean game and get out with a win, regardless of how it looks. Between injuries, being tired and the emotional capital spent on Saturday I'm assuming this game is close.

Crimson Speed

All-American
Oct 2, 2005
The Shoals, North West Alabama
A&M is no slouch. Looking back at their record this season, they are very capable of scoring a lot of points. I believe this comes down to containing their QB; if we do that, we will win this one. Our guys have to know they have to be on their game to win and I believe we will be prepared.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.