Will the team have a hangover next Saturday?

UA All the Way

All-SEC
Dec 22, 2005
Las Vegas
Didn't see a thread on this topic alone....

An emotional win like this normally signals a sluggish game next week. What is everyone's opinion on how our team bounces back against A&M?

I'm hoping a close game makes us focus and play with intensity. If we had blown out LSU we may have coasted in against the Aggies. Perhaps having the game play out the way it did will keep us on track.

/I also have fears we are a really tired team and it's showing. Even playing with intensity we may not play great.

TideMom2Boys

Hall of Fame
Nov 17, 2010
Alabama
If this was a team like Ole Miss we were playing, I could see a sluggish game. But there is hype against this game as well. This whole week, we will be hearing about Johnny Football against our secondary.

Some of the defensive players were on twitter and they said they have to play better. They know it wasn't their best game.

Neverending

Suspended
Nov 19, 2011
The thing I like about CNS is that he allows the players to enjoy the current victory, but at the same time he hones in on problems from previous games so that the team can be focused and ready for the next one.

CapstoneTider

Suspended
Dec 6, 2000
aTm has one of the better teams that I can remember. Certainly better than any the past 10 years. Our defense might be better suited for a dual threat quarterback than an NFL arm, we'll find out.

This is going to be another huge game nationally and will get big ratings due to the interest from Big 12 fans.

Neverending

Suspended
Nov 19, 2011
read this on ESPN

With the way Zach Mettenbergerthrew the ball around Saturday, the coming weekend's Alabama-Texas A&M game just got a lot more interesting. Mettenberger registered a career-high 298 passing yards and a touchdown. Manziel has walked all over defenses this fall and he should be able to make some plays through the air on Alabama's secondary. He should be able to run around a little bit as well. Manziel struggled against Florida and LSU, but ran through Mississippi State over the weekend. He's growing each week and the Aggies offense is getting better and better. There are some holes in Alabama's defense that weren't there last season and Manziel has the ability to exploit them. Alabama should adjust through the week, but keeping up with Manziel will be a tall task for the Tide.

Alajambama

2nd Team
Jul 25, 2012
Fyffe, AL
This game was excactly what the doctor ordered. It was proven that Bama can be beaten. It also proved to this team they can overcome adversitiy if they have to. Best of both worlds. Big win and a wake up call all at once.

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville
While our guys will be tired, A&M will be playing its 10th game in a row. CNS knows how to defend QBs like JM. They will make plays but won't do enough to win.

rgw

Suspended
Sep 15, 2003
Tuscaloosa
I think we'll have a good game of football this Saturday afternoon. TAMU has been close against UF and LSU, so they aren't exactly going to go quietly. I think we may have a physical hangover more than a mental hangover to be honest.

RedStar

Hall of Fame
Jan 28, 2005
The Shoals, AL
This is one of the most well rested teams in the country. Most of our starters have only played between 60-70% of most games because they've been blowouts.

TideEngineer08

TideFans Legend
Jun 9, 2009
Beautiful Cullman, AL
I doubt we will hear it mentioned in the media, but LSU has the kind of offense that causes our defense to struggle. They are able to keep us in our base defense and quite frankly we are not as good in the base 3/4 as we are in the nickle. Another thing... It was our offense's struggles that allowed LSU to remain in the game and kept our defense out on the field far more than we are used to seeing.

I am far more concerned about the nicks and bruises that our team has right now than any letdown or A&M's scheme.

Krymsonman

Hall of Fame
Sep 1, 2009
River Ridge, LA
Coach Saban said in one of the postgame interviews that he was happy with the win but told the team they could go in two different directions. I can't remember exactly how he said it, but basically we could bask in the glory of the win and go down, or come back to practice Monday, ready to work, fix the problems and finish strong. I'm pretty sure we have the leaders on this team to make sure we finish strong. Krymsonman

JD95

All-American
Oct 18, 1999
Birmingham, AL
It's going to take one of Saban's best coaching efforts to get the team focused and ready for A&M after the physical and emotional toll of last night. But I think he'll get it done. Would have been even tougher had we lost!

CajunCrimson

Moderator (FB,BB) and Vinyl Enthusiast
Staff member
Mar 13, 2001
Breaux Bridge, La
I think they just got the Hell scared out of them. I'm guessing they will be wired like crazy -- and will roll A&M...

The "D" has something to prove

bamagradinATL

All-American
Sep 12, 2006
McKinney, TX
I doubt we will hear it mentioned in the media, but LSU has the kind of offense that causes our defense to struggle. They are able to keep us in our base defense and quite frankly we are not as good in the base 3/4 as we are in the nickle. Another thing... It was our offense's struggles that allowed LSU to remain in the game and kept our defense out on the field far more than we are used to seeing.

I am far more concerned about the nicks and bruises that our team has right now than any letdown or A&M's scheme.
Great point. Danielson made several comments about us playing base and having to leave Mosley on the sideline.

ccc2259

All-American
Oct 29, 2010
Lower Alabama
The leadership on this team will NOT let everyone else have a let down. Primary difference in this team and the '10 team is the leadership, and I think we'll see that next Saturday.

rgw

Suspended
Sep 15, 2003
Tuscaloosa
Yeah, our best personnel group has been DePriest and Mosley at LB and the three safeties on the field...

CrimsonProf

Hall of Fame
Dec 30, 2006
Birmingham, Alabama
I think it's really important our team do a few things to avoid the hangover.

Hydrate.

Eat a lot of carbs. Maybe even some greasy food.

Pace themselves. Take breaks, even.

Start letting off the gas around 11.

Take some tylenol before bed.

Wait - y'all mean something else...

In all seriousness - need to find a way to get pressure with just four (three, preferably) so CJ is on the field and roaming...Can't let Manziel run but also need enough coverage down field to avoid busted plays.

BamaAlum97

1st Team
Dec 13, 2002
Tulsa, OK
It is the classic timing for a letdown, but at this stage of the season and with the SEC West for the taking next week, there is still plenty to be up for.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.