Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: The flight home

BamaNation All-American TIDEnGA's Avatar
    My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

The flight home

As some of you know I fly the football team to their away games. While I can't talk about certain things I can give you a general sense of the flight home last nt. It doesn't get any better than last nt.

Usually when the team arrives we're working onboard. We greet them, hand out drinks, give some high fives, etc... Last night we stood out on the jetbridge steps shaking our pompoms, yelling Roll Tide, etc.. We were all still so emotional as well. Most of the flight attendants are either graduates of the University or big fans. So we definitely have a vested interest.

Anyway there were hugs, fist pumps and high fives galore. Funny thing is many of the players hugged us as if "we need a hug". They were so sweet! I feel like we've bonded with many of them since we've been flying them all season. The coaches were about the same story.

I will say I've never seen them so tired (no exhausted) and hungry. With that said their adrenaline was so high I don't know that I saw any of them sleeping. It was kind of exactly how I felt. LOL. Usually after every game they all pass out- not last night.

There were some real troopers in TCL when we landed. There was quite a crowd. I know the team really appreciated it. Coach Saban and AJ went over and thanked them. Can't wait to do it again for SECCG!

2. Advertisement

Re: The flight home

Very cool! Thank you, for sharing.

RTR!!!!

Glad you were able to get a clearance out of there! Did you get to watch the game?

My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

Quote Originally Posted by 257WBY View Post
    Glad you were able to get a clearance out of there! Did you get to watch the game?
    We were #1 for takeoff. They wanted us all out of there!

Yes, we were able to watch end of 1st half thru end of game on a tiny TV in Delta operations. Felt bad for the LSU fans working there. We kind of ran them out. I think they thought we could all watch it together, uh no! They ended up moving somewhere else. Good thing.

In typical Alabama style we all thanked them for their hospitality, congratulated them on a great game and wished them a great rest of the season. RTR!

That's about as close to a dream job as I could imagine during football season.

Great post and great job getting our guys back to AL!

BamaNation All-American 2003TIDE's Avatar
    My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

I think it is so cool that Delta lets the BAMA alumni and fans who are employees take care of their own team on the charters. Is that common for other team charters that Delta handles?

Thank you for the post. I saw pictures of the crowd waiting for the team. I know the players appreciate it.
    Roll Tide

BamaNation Hall of Fame JBama_in_PCOLA's Avatar
    Andalusia, Alabama via Pensacola, Florida United States
    My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com
    That's just great! I bet it was a feeling!!
    ROLL TIDE!

My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

Quote Originally Posted by ValuJet View Post
    That's about as close to a dream job as I could imagine during football season.
    I know. Sometimes I have to pinch myself, especially last night! It is hard, fast work but so rewarding. To have them come on hugging and showing emotion with us is priceless. And talk about manners - what nice young men! The staff and coaches are just the same. I've loved getting to see and know them. We already know this but class organization from top to bottom.

My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

Quote Originally Posted by 2003TIDE View Post
    I think it is so cool that Delta lets the BAMA alumni and fans who are employees take care of their own team on the charters. Is that common for other team charters that Delta handles?
    Alabama and most other schools have a "dedicated" crew. Basically that means flight attendants interview for school(s) that interest them. A certain number are then chosen for each school. In my interview there were reps from other schools. Basically I let them I was really only interested in Alabama. Glad it all worked out. I'm thankful.
    Last edited by TIDEnGA; November 4th, 2012 at 07:57 PM.

Are they gonna be ready for Johan FutBol?

Thanks for posting! I was wondering how it all went down after the fact glad everybody was happy/healthy etc.

That's cool. It must have been fun. I just read about y'all yesterday when we were discussing how the team gets to their games. http://alumniextra.ua.edu/2012/08/tide-in-the-sky/

Roll Tide!