Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: The flight home

BamaNation All-American

Re: The flight home

They were hungry? Does that mean they each got two Biscoff packs?

Just kidding... I'm a Diamond (nearly double Diamond this year!!) and I LOVE the crew on DL... you guys always take care of plain ol business travelers like me so well I KNOW the team must LOVE you guys!!! Love getting these reports.

Fly safe!
    I am a part of The Process.

2. Advertisement
    My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

Thank you for posting that! I don't doubt they were about as pumped up as they could possibly be while being as exhausted as possible, too. I felt that way and all I did was sit and watch them do everything! You do have a great job!

BamaNation Second Team CincinnatiAlum's Avatar

That is a great story! I am completely jealous .. I would love that job! RTR

BamaNation Second Team

Thanks for letting us live vicariously through you! I am so jealous!!

BamaNation All-American crimsonbleeder's Avatar
    My Mood
    Psychedelic on TideFans.com

Quote Originally Posted by TIDEnGA View Post
    As some of you know I fly the football team to their away games. While I can't talk about certain things I can give you a general sense of the flight home last nt. It doesn't get any better than last nt.

Usually when the team arrives we're working onboard. We greet them, hand out drinks, give some high fives, etc... Last night we stood out on the jetbridge steps shaking our pompoms, yelling Roll Tide, etc.. We were all still so emotional as well. Most of the flight attendants are either graduates of the University or big fans. So we definitely have a vested interest.

Anyway there were hugs, fist pumps and high fives galore. Funny thing is many of the players hugged us as if "we need a hug". They were so sweet! I feel like we've bonded with many of them since we've been flying them all season. The coaches were about the same story.

I will say I've never seen them so tired (no exhausted) and hungry. With that said their adrenaline was so high I don't know that I saw any of them sleeping. It was kind of exactly how I felt. LOL. Usually after every game they all pass out- not last night.

There were some real troopers in TCL when we landed. There was quite a crowd. I know the team really appreciated it. Coach Saban and AJ went over and thanked them. Can't wait to do it again for SECCG!
    Is Butch still around, TnGA?
    "No invention in history has been more successful in the collection and display of stupidity than the Internet. "

-Mike Herndon, Press-Register 8/20/08

BamaNation First Team Lost in TN's Avatar
    My Mood
    Happy on TideFans.com

How does DJ Fluker fit into one of those seats? My ultimate nightmare would be the middle seat between Jesse and DJ. You business travelers know what I am talking about.

Quote Originally Posted by Lost in TN View Post
    How does DJ Fluker fit into one of those seats? My ultimate nightmare would be the middle seat between Jesse and DJ. You business travelers know what I am talking about.
    Indeed! I don't know the cabin configuration, but I wonder who gets 1st class and business...
    "The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. - Ellen Parr"

'If today were the last day of my life, would I want to do what I am about to do today?' - Steve Jobs

I would rather live my life as if there is a god and die to find out there isn't, than live my life as if there isn't and die to find out there is. Albert Camus

Quote Originally Posted by Lost in TN View Post

Great post TideNGA, I know our guys appreciate some friendly faces when they get on the plane. I got to know a few guys on the team while at the Capstone and I remember one in paticular was absolutely terrified of flying. So much in fact that he considered quiting football because of it. He literally needed to be medicated to get on the plane. The poor guy would throw up everytime they got ready to board just from the anticipation. What's funny though is that he went on to have a very long NFL career and had to fly countless times throughout his career. I always wondered if he got used to it or if he was just miserable all those flights over the years.

Lost, I experienced that last month on a flight to Lima Peru. I looked around and I was stuck sitting between the two biggest guys on the plane. After the cabin door closed I moved to an empty seat a few rows up. After about 5 hours of this lady talking non-stop in my ear about her daughter's perscription pill habit, her sorry husband, her mother's alzheimers, her sister's gambling problems and her brother in law's run in with the law I was wishing I had stayed between those two guys.
    Last edited by Dallas4Bama; November 5th, 2012 at 06:21 AM.

BamaNation All-American TIDEnGA's Avatar
    My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

Quote Originally Posted by TIDE-HSV View Post
    Indeed! I don't know the cabin configuration, but I wonder who gets 1st class and business...
    All depends on the amount of trustees and other important University representatives on board. I will tell you only a few sat up there for LSU, and they weren't the large guys.

BamaNation All-American Florida Tom's Avatar
    My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

Thank you for what you do in taking care of the team. I know they appreciate the friendly faces after a hard work night.

Also thanks for sharing your experiences.

BamaNation All-American TIDEnGA's Avatar
    My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

Quote Originally Posted by RT3413 View Post
    They were hungry? Does that mean they each got two Biscoff packs?

Just kidding... I'm a Diamond (nearly double Diamond this year!!) and I LOVE the crew on DL... you guys always take care of plain ol business travelers like me so well I KNOW the team must LOVE you guys!!! Love getting these reports.

Fly safe!
    Thanks for business and your comments! You wouldn't believe how much food they're served in a short 40 minute flight. Sometimes we wonder how we'll get it all done in a flight that is basically a little longer than BHM-ATL flt. It always come together for the Tide though.

My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

Great Post Thanks for the info.