Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    BamaNation Second Team
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Kevin Norwood

He really looked like Superman out there catching that ball. Great job Kevin Norwood!

2. Advertisement
    BamaNation Hall of Fame BamaJama17's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    My Mood
    Happy on TideFans.com

Now that's the Kevin Norwood I know!!! Stepped up in crunch time.

BamaNation All-American IMALOYAL1's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    My Mood
    Fine on TideFans.com

Norwood is a very reliable receiver. He seems to get better when the stakes are high and the game's on the line.

The very definition of a clutch receiver.

BamaNation Second Team CincinnatiAlum's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Could not agree more!!! He was amazing in that last drive!

BamaNation Hall of Fame Alasippi's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ChattTide View Post
    Norwood is the man. This is one of 'Sips boys from MS!! C'mon, 'Sip!! Show your boy some love!!

Roll Tide!!
    ChattTide
    Kevin comes through every time he's given the opportunity to do so. It's amazing to me that we don't go to him more.
    But you better believe when a championship or huge game is on the line he suddenly becomes "The Guy".
    People don't realize how big and fast he is and I think he'll be playing football for quite a few years.
    I've known him for some time now and he is a fine young man and a champion. You GO Kevin!!!!!
    RTR!
    sip

BamaNation All-American Florida Tom's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

He has not had the kind of year I expected mainly because of Cooper & Bell playing so well. But it sure was Great to see him back in form Saturday. He just makes amazing catches.

BamaNation Hall of Fame Alasippi's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Guess who the state 200 meters champion was his senior year in high school? Yep...
    Kevin can fly..deceptively so but fly just the same.
    The first time I ever heard about Kevin was when his high school coach, Buddy Singleton told me, "I coached Reggie Collier in high school
    and I've got a kid who's a better athlete than he was". That speaks volumes because Coach Bryant once called Collier "A man among boys" after USM beat us 38-29 in Tuscaloosa.
    When I asked Coach Singleton, "How good is he as a receiver?" he replied, "All I know is if the ball's anywhere in his area he's gonna catch it". Quite prophetic huh?
    Coach Singleton also said, "He really ought to play safety in college but he's not going anywhere that doesn't play him at wide receiver".
    He based that opinion on the fact that Kevin intercepted twelve passes his senior year. Not bad.
    I'm just glad he's getting some recognition.
    By the way Kevin was pretty much headed for either USM or Ole Miss. Then one day Coach Saban called Coach Singleton and said that he was in the area and wanted to meet Kevin personally. Coach Singleton called Kevin to his office, Coach Saban walked in, shook hands, talked to Kevin for ten minutes, drove with him to meet his family and left with a commitment.
    Quite the recruiter he is. sip

Post Thanks / Like
    My Mood
    BamaVictory on TideFans.com

Norwood is clutch for sure, definitely one of my favorite players...always shows up. The guy just makes plays.
    He has mastered that catch to the outside, leaning out of bounds and always makes sure he looks the ball in, and gets his feet in-bounds. Makes for some beautiful catches...just awesome.

BamaNation Second Team
    Post Thanks / Like

Norwood is a big game player. Some guys melt in the big moments, and some guys shine. He wants the ball when the game is the biggest and on the line. I love players like that.

BamaNation Hall of Fame Displaced Bama Fan's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

He cemented his legacy along with AJ and TJ on that drive.

BamaNation First Team
    Post Thanks / Like
    My Mood
    Amazed on TideFans.com

He for sure is one player we will remember! I remember when he was in High School him catching all those passes in the State Finals, in a losing cause he was great.

BamaNation Second Team
    Post Thanks / Like
    My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

After rewatching that last AMAZING, WONDERFUL drive (Sorry still just spell bound by it) I noticed that had Norwood not gotten tripped up (good no call by the way) he was in perfect position for the catch. Can you imagine had that been the play to end the drive! AJ to KN 4-4. And TJ's pass protection was amazing the whole drive! Consider I believe that, that next to last play was not designed to go into the back of the endzone. AJ and KN adjusted on the play after it broke down. (I think)

Post Thanks / Like
    My Mood
    Pensive on TideFans.com

Following that performance, Kevin Norwood gets alllllllllll the luuuuuuuuv I can possibly muster for him.

I didn't think it was possible for me to be more impressed with him than I was after the NCG, but he went n did it.

What a clutch performance!!!